Your Most Moving / Powerful Game Intro

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just knew when I fired up this game and watched the intro that the game was going to be "super" and it pretty much was.

A close second for me would be Super Castlevania, I just love the music for both of these intro's.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...Fallout ("war. War never changes...") makes a strong contender, and with 'Hell march', Red alert (the first one) is certainly awesome as well. Yeah, and Final Fantasy VIII is also in my top ten list (albeit just the intro movie).

But my main choice is still this one:

Not only does it do a bang-up job of introducing the player, the world and its inhabitants, it also shows the game's strange combination of naive, almost morbid, humour and the brutal reality. And to top it off: the cinematics actually flow into you actually playing, which...not that many games do, unfortunate enough.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this one....

I like to read

nah... I guess it was the music (sooo epic), or the fact that I waited 7 years for this game
that was the most exciting text I've ever read! :lol:

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't have time to grab a video right now, but off the top of my head, one of the most powerful intros had to be Radiant Historia for the Nintendo DS. The music is what really made that intro (and arguably the rest of the game), along with that gripping first scene of two children who "failed to save the world... again," but say they'll start over, and "save it this time." Damn.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
By very far the best intro I have ever seen is the one from Shenmue.

From font to back amazing: You pop in the disc and it starts up with a girl on a cliff in the middle of some kind of forest reciting a poem. (and you like :blink: ) Then when you start the actual game it snap right to Japan and you get that oppressive music and you know something bad will happen. The music, the camera movement and the suspense and question it raises are just so well assembled!

It is very powerful in making you actually really want go onto that journey!

IMO a masterpiece!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Just listen to that violin!
Never played the game but that intro music makes me really emotional especially the piano bit, the music really sums up the beauty of CV music. The intro without the music is pretty dull haha.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts 3D, though it was really similar to one of the trailers the way the the music (can't decide if I like the orchestral or vocal version more), 3D, and use of the two screens tied together was enough to convince me that it wouldn't look as good on any other platform. Fangasms increase exponentially with the number of KH games you've played.

There's something special about the SSBM intro too, Smash 64's intro is nostalgic and Brawl's isn't bad too but to this day I still watch through the Melee intro from time to time but I always just mash A through the Brawl one.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a bunch actually :P

Konami does a damm good job when it comes to intro videos

Silent Hill 3

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Fallout 3

Parasite Eve 2

Gran Turismo 2

Gran Turismo 4 (US ver)

Burnout 3

Spy Hunter (reboot)

Reactions: TheJeweler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o