Your Internet Peeves

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Kouen Hasuki, May 20, 2013.

1. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Everyone has them, something that just annoys the shit outta you, things that are so retarded you cant help but facepalm

Share them and let our hatred for the retarded crap on the internet flow.

Just today im reminded of three:

1. Cash links that link to "you have to complete a survey and get tones of junk mail" for a download - This is notorius for some free BT trackers on the net where the file will have a password and you have to jump through those loops to get a 1kb text file

2. Manditory Registrations. I Hate that... You download a file from one website and you open up the file to be told you have to go to ANOTHER site to unlock it... Why Release it outside yer site if your gonna make us go to yours anyways (yea i do understand the real reason is to drive traffic to there site but still annoys)

3. Email host instant bans for popular email hosts... why do some sites insta ban email hosts like @gmail, @googlemail, @live i dont understand there the most popular ones going and its a lot more rare to see someone with ones from there isp like @btinternet or something

Share yours :D lets let the rage flow :D

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Casuals. It's like they think they're people or something.

3. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    "'Like' us on Facebook in order to continue to the article"

How about no, how about I close and blacklist your page, you annoying assholes.

Sagat, Xuphor and Rydian like this.
  4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    People who flood forums (when they're slow) with new topics/posts in the space of a few minutes. :P

I jest, i jest...

5. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Can't help it I'm European this forum goes into a coma till the Americans wake up :P

6. dickfour

dickfour Banned

Banned
    Jun 20, 2011
    United States
    PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS DRIVE ME CRAZY!

Sagat likes this.
  7. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Hail superior geography!

DinohScene likes this.
  8. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    I seriously am annoyed by those pages on Facebook that say - "Like for 10 prayers. Comment for 20 prayers. Share for 100 prayers". Or something like they give really bloody content, and say - "Like to help this child". And they say something like the kid got an a car accident, but its not true. Heartless assholes.

Sagat and Riyaz like this.
  9. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    I made one of those.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    It only got two likes. Some people are just heartless.

Yoshinecra, Sagat, Walker D and 8 others like this.
  10. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    Idiots and people that will not better themselves

IRL and on the Net

Sagat and DinohScene like this.
  11. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    :rofl:

Which reminds me. Could you spare a few dollars?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Hyro-Sama, Sagat, Gahars and 3 others like this.
  12. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The worst part is that might even get more likes...

13. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Youtube comments, retarded people, annoying "facebook" meme's and a few more I can't think of as of now.

14. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    This.

Along with like us to see X, like us to enter competition and so on.

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    1. People who have no clue whatsoever what they're talking about and haven't done any research at all (or poor, bias research) and yet still refuse to stop talking
    2. Nintendo Martyrs who claim that "everybody rags on their favourite company which saved the gaming industry from total colapse and stagnation because everyone's a filthy casual/brown shooters brodude/graphics whore" despite the fact that Nintendo hardware sales greatly surpass the competition (at least did throughout the last generation) proving that in fact Nintendo users are in the majority as far as consoles are concerned
    3. Nintendo Pretorians who claim that Nintendo invented everything in the history of ever wheras other companies don't actually have R&D departments - they have spy agencies instead and send their spies on missions to steal Nintendo's innovative inventions because they're all evil and worse than the mafia
    4. Actual brodudes who are usually 8-12 years old and whine over voicechat
    5. Actual graphics whores who can't enjoy a video game that doesn't have at least motion blur and advanced particle effects
    6. People who take video games way too seriously when playing multi and suffer from the so-called "Oh.My.God, what's wrong with you people? You all suck, I didn't log on just to fall down the ladder, f*ck you, learn2gaem" syndrome
    7. Nintendo Doom Prophets who fail to acknowledge that as a company, the Big N can stay afloat even if they flunk an entire generation and start from scratch with some extra innovation flair, mostly because they have their Martyrs and Pretorians that they can depend on. (:P)
    8. People who cannot write a legible sentence (especially if it's in their native tongue), because how hard is it to write with fingertips rather than fists?
    Will add more some other time. ;)

GameWinner, Hyro-Sama, Gahars and 2 others like this.
  16. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    The fact that so many internet arguments end up boiling down to semantics. Both parties may actually know what they are talking about, but because one identifies something in one way that clashes with the jargon used by the other, you get like 15 pages threads of people arguing over shit like whether there is a difference between a ROM and a *.iso. FFS.

Also, huge console or OS war threads whose main contributors are people who have absolutely no qualifications or certifications regarding the things they are arguing about. If you're going to hate on an OS, at least use the damn thing first, guys. Parroting what you've heard from other misinformed people does not increase the size of your e-penis.

Yep.

izzydeank likes this.
  17. TheCasketMan

TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

Sep 3, 2011
    United States
    Orlando, FL
    Neogaf and stupid emotional Facebook posts about being depressed, heartbroken, etc.

18. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    If this comment gets 100 likes, my mom says i can stay up past 8:30 tonight.

I hate when my internet chugs badly. I have DSL at the end of the line, ranking a D- on a good day with speed test.

I hate when my internet buffers video and then does the play buffer play buffer play buffer buffer play shuffle dance.

I hate when I use my chrome account on windows and things (toolbars, add ons) get installed without my knowledge and then I have to get though the routine of finding them and removing them manually.

I hate when google instant searches for whatever it wants to (its suggestions) rather than what i actually type.

19. Prior22

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Analog sticks, vibration, motion controls, wireless controls. I would say those are the vast majority of the key console innovations over the past 15 years (all Nintendo created).

And while the WiiU is failing right now I am glad Nintendo releases a new console that doesn't just rely on providing better graphics. Eventually the console world will reach a point where the graphical improvements on new consoles become less and less impressive. When that point comes I'd love to see Sony or Microsoft come to the rescue with innovations as successful as analog sticks or vibration.

20. Kouen Hasuki
    OP

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Analog sticks... even the Atari 5200 had that hell even then the PC says Hi
    Motion controls... Sega Bass Fishing, Samba De Amigo....
    Wireless controls... Atari 2600
    Vibration... PC Again