Your Gaming Sins!

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you have any "Gaming Sins" you know things that your not proud of maybe like that time you cheated on Zelda or what nots?

To get the ball rolling...

I've NEVER played on a Real NES.

Like EVER not even held one of there controllers, In my Defense I was Raised in London and had a Sega Master System and everyone I knew had one too no one I knew of at that time had one xD

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any "Gaming Sins" you know things that your not proud of maybe like that time you cheated on Zelda or what nots?

To get the ball rolling...

I've NEVER played on a Real NES.

Like EVER not even held one of there controllers, In my Defense I was Raised in London and had a Sega Master System and everyone I knew had one too no one I knew of at that time had one xD

That's not really a sin. That's more Ninty have a terrible policy regarding Europe whilst Sega were much better in comparison.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I bought a Sega MegaCD. And only ever owned Sonic CD. (hated the plumber , loved the spikey blue dude , times have changed)
I owned a Commodore Vic20 rather than the big brother C64. Big Mistake.

I left the gaming scene completely between the the end of the Megadrive era and returned around the time of the first xbox. Not sure what i missed but i guess quite a bit lol. (Women and pubs took over). :)

Not exactly gaming but computer related , i learnt to program in basic and coded some nifty apps for the very first ARM based computer , (acorn electron/BBC Micro and progressed to understand the basics of Machine Code (as it was known then) by the age of 13 you could buy weekly magazines that had sample code and ideas , even fully fledged games you had to type in. Then i totally walked away from it , a choice i kinda regret not having pursued further. (For this i blame the influx of BMX bikes to the UK prior to and subsequently following the success of the ET movie ) .

To many sins to list outside of gaming theres that many one of em made it into my nick.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I have never had, played or seen IRL a console before the 6th gen(the ps2 being the oldest console I've played on).
My first ever console was a cheap 20 lev(~13$) copy of a NES with 50 pre-installed games(all of them were 1:1 the same as their NES versions).
This one's more of a regret than a sin, but I'll count it as both.
4 years ago I really wanted to buy a Wii and I had a PSP. That's when I started learning programming in C++ and going to competitions.
In the first competitions I did very badly(0-20 points out of 300). Right before the National Olympiad my father promised that if I got to the top 3, he'd buy me the Wii.
Neither he, nor I expected that I'll be first, so I sold off my PSP, so that I can certainly afford a Wii after the Olympiad.
I immediately regretted my decision after winning. Later, when even more games started coming for it(to name a few, Kingdom Hearts:BBS, FF:CC and God of War: Ghost of Sparta), I regretted selling the PSP even more.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whenever I finish a game and start collecting trophies or when I'm just doing a trophy run, I don't give a damn and just look stuff up on walkthroughs.

...what? I already finished the game and I'm a damn completionist - if I haven't found something in my normal playthrough then it's pretty damn well-hidden and I don't have the time in my life to look for these things for hundreds of hours. If I just want the collectibles, I'm choosing the easy way out.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friends and I used to play Battlefield 3 tons when i was in college last year. I graduated, went home, bought a 360 and a copy of BF3 and have never opened it.

I guess i just feel guilty about it.

I couldnt ever get into FFTA2 even though if i were stranded on a desert island I would take FFTA. I have been trying for a while to get a code to bypass the assinine laws for A2, but i just dont care enough. I want to like it, i just cant.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never played Chrono Trigger legitimately... I went through a heavy emulator- only phase until about a year and a half ago, and only played it on my phone with save states galore. I've gotten around to legitimately beating most of the games I've emulated once I stopped emulating, but I haven't gotten to Chrono Trigger yet... I now own the DS version, so maybe I'll play that once I clear my backlog out a bit.

Also, Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite Sonic games. It's not a perfect game, but I don't understand why so many people hate it.

Reactions: gamefan5 and ilman

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also, Shadow the Hedgehog is one of my favorite Sonic games. It's not a perfect game, but I don't understand why so many people hate it.
The controls are terrible, Shadow is an angsty super-edgy little kid in comparison to being a relatively cool character in Sonic Adventure 2, the aliens look terrible. :P

...still better than "Sonic and the Secret Rings". :tpi:

Reactions: gamefan5

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I never finished Super Mario Bros. 3.

I've never played a walkthrough of Final Fantasy VI where I let Cid live. I'm not sure if this is a sin, but I regret not trying at least once.

I've never played on an actual N64.

I've never finished a Fire Emblem game. Because normally, one of my characters die, and I save before I realize it. And then I rage quit.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I cheated during the weapon challenges in Bastion in order to get the best rewards.
That was after finishing the game once though.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have never completed Prehistorik without the cheats enabled. I don't think I ever even completed the first level without the cheats.

Prehistorik%201_5.png

Dr. Ivo Robotnik

All hail the Eggman Empire!
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Well, there's a certain variety of reasons as to why people hate it. I could explain them all, but I'd be writing an essay longer than my Master thesis. Suffice it to say that the camera is shit, the voice acting (with the exception of Dr. Robotnik) is shit, the controls are shit, the story is shit, and to round off this scatological onslaught, the logic employed by the game is SHIT.

"Oh, Dr. Eggman, I'm carrying out your goal now. D'you think you could maybe convince your Egg Pawns to STOP FUCKING SHOOTING ME!? You know, after my angst-break. Would be nice."

Also, it has a preposterous number of endings before they tie down that clusterfuck in the 'true ending'. I mean, in half of 'em, Robotnik DIES. G'luck trying to rhyme that with sensibility anywhere.

As for my own gaming sin, I played and tried to like Sonic '06 because I'm a Robotnik fanboy. Didn't last 'till the end though. Barely lasted 'till the end of the first level, in fact...

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's not really a sin. That's more Ninty have a terrible policy regarding Europe whilst Sega were much better in comparison.
Weird in Belgium it's the other way around. The only consoles for sale where the ones from Nintendo, you couldn't find any Sega ones.
Heck the first time I saw a real Sega console was 2 years ago at my cousin in law's house and he had to order it from another country because you couldn't buy it anywhere in Belgium.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The controls are terrible, Shadow is an angsty super-edgy little kid in comparison to being a relatively cool character in Sonic Adventure 2, the aliens look terrible. :P

...still better than "Sonic and the Secret Rings". :tpi:
How are the controls terrible? They're loads better than in the Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 or Heroes (the homing attack actually works, and there's no broken camera!).

The aliens look really uninspired, I'll give you that, and the story is a bit ridiculous... but not more so than most 3D Sonic games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How are the controls terrible? They're loads better than in the Sonic Adventure 1 or 2
No. Just... No. In Sonic Adventure I felt in total control, in Shadow the Hedgehog the slightest tilt of the analog stick sends Shadow flying.

or Heroes (the homing attack actually works, and there's no broken camera!).
The camera is still broken, but the controls are better than in Heroes, yes.

The aliens look really uninspired, I'll give you that, and the story is a bit ridiculous... but not more so than most 3D Sonic games.
I think Sonic Adventure 2 had a great story, I really hope for a true sequel to that line of storytelling.

Reactions: gamefan5

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm probably the only person in the world that enjoyed Sonic '06, does that count?

Hm.... I did use cheats for Lufia 1&2 and Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, which are some of my favourite games on their respective systems...

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I threw away a working boxed Bally Astrocade and 3 or 4 games.
I had an urge to simplify my environment and clear my project room around
the time that I had taken it apart to replace the capacitors and other stuff but
got caught up in the feeling of having too much junk laying around, so it ended
up in the trash.

I could have just left it alone and sold it on ebay for $200-$300.00, but it's too late
for that now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1