TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably the only person in the world that enjoyed Sonic '06, does that count?
I just finished my first play through of Sonic 06. Aside from the near-game-breaking bugs and convoluted story, it had some potential. Far from a good game, but I feel like a much better gamer for having survived it. :P

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I abuse savegame states for breaking things. Like in wario land (game boy), where you could play 'double or half' with the money from the level...I just save, choose, watch the result and simply reload to take the other option if it didn't double my amount.

I've pirated plenty of wii games. I've bought the really good ones (usually after beating it)...but they're still wrapped in the plastic of the package.

For me, there is no such thing as "being casual" on the internet. I'm so anxious to waste someone's time by not giving them enough of a challenge or knowing all the ins and outs that I only dare to click "join server" after some SERIOUS training. It's pretty painful if I just happen to get on a server where everyone is just goofing off.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I never finished a proper Mega Man game. (I know, I should, but honestly, the platforming is harder than trying to drink a bottle of water whilst hanging upside down.)

I left the console market at the end of the Super Nintendo era, and honestly never looked back. (Most of my consoles are portable.)

A couple of years ago, my hometown's arcade centers were closing. I never went to the final event and playthrough, even though I did plan to do so. Now it's a more touristy and well to do area of town. (Sigh.)

I skipped Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire when they first came out. (I didn't want to pick up yet another Gameboy!)

I bought Tales of the Abyss and never played it much. I'm up to that stupid boss fight with the monster training General. I would love to face her in freaking MH3U.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
an actual sin (which fits the thread):

I hate bosses, so when I play a game that has bosses (even for the 2nd, 3rd etc. time) I always look online for the best way to beat bosses quickly. I'm talking about games like MGS or Zelda here.
I just can't stand trying all kinds of different weapons (regular gun does no effect? knife doest work? guy dodges missiles? wtf seriously) and getting my ass kicked in the meantime. So yeah, I read walkthrough for bosses. :( deal with it

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The only FF game I've completed was FFX. On an emulator. That I regret everyday of my life. Though it's not really because I don't play FF games, it's because usually something stupid will happen when I get far in the game that sets me back an hour+ of gameplay (like accidentally deleting a save game, or not saving for hours at a time and dying). This also happened to my while I was playing Dragon Quest 1, got halfway through the game, didn't save for a while and didn't realize, turned off the game, and came back to find I was 8 levels lower and I didn't have Loto's armor anymore. Fuck.

I suppose related to the above, but I find it difficult to complete a game after one of those stupid setbacks. Like with Dragon Quest, that happened to me a week ago and I haven't had the desire to pick it up since, or Chrono Trigger on the SNES. Got right up to before battling Lavos when the only save state I had broke and the game froze, setting me back 10+ hours of gameplay. I've yet to pick it up again and play through it, because fuck that shit.

I haven't played a Pokemon game in a legit fashion since R/S/E. Whether I use 2x movement cheats or 2x EXP multipliers or something, I always use some sort of cheat. But you can't really blame me, Pokemon plays slow as dicks and it isn't worth the hours of time I would have to play to grind and shit. Hell, I only plan on playing X and Y when the 3DS gets hacked and I can use those multiplier cheats.

The only Sega consoles I played (that I can remember, I know we've had other Sega consoles but I was too young to play/care) was the Dreamcast and the Gamegear.

I could probably list more, too, but I'm too lazy to type that much.

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see... I prefer cheating (gameshark, action replay, etc) my way through a game to see the story as opposed to playing normally (mainly due to my life right now - I don't have a lot of time for gaming anymore, and that sucks). My Xbox 360 has been used much more as a media center than as a gaming device.

Reactions: astrangeone

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I once coveted the following systems:
  • Atari Lynx
  • Sega 32X
  • Atari Jaguar
I almost got to the point of saving enough and buying the last two, even though I'd have never been able to afford any games. Oh wait... that wouldn't have been much of a problem!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I claim to have beaten FF7, though really, I've only ever made it to the last battle with Sephiroth where my party was too weak to win.
I enjoy saying FF6 is the best in the series, but I've never made it more than halfway through before quitting due to general boredom with the FF series.
If a game is too difficult for me, I'm like to insult it to no end and call it a bad game simply because I'm bad at it. See: FF3, FF: 4HoL, old school Castlevania, most DBZ fighting games, etc.

Funnily enough though, I personally can't cheat. It ruins the experience for me, and I become so bored by the modifications I made.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I guess my greatest gaming sin is piracy and cheating on some jRPG games especially when you're bored and you want to finish the game/story. Because sometimes grinding is boring... except the other kind of grind if you know what I mean. :wink:

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...