Your first time online

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you remember the first time you went online?

I was about 8 years old and I went on foxkids.coim to play some power rangers game.
It was still dialup so i was waiting like half an hour for the game to load.
rolleyes.gif

How bout you guys?

Oh, and how about the time you lost your internet virginity?
I guess that would be the first time you saw something you wished you could unsee.
For me it was Goatse when I was about 11...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
14.4k modem back in 1994/5, the first page was the compuserve home page and the browser was Netscape Navigator. Back then the Internet was faster, there wasn't the traffic and pages were much much smaller.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I was get onlined at my brother's university, I found some walkthrough of I think Monkey Island II or 3 at that time, I was a big lucas art fan at that time and some just pictures of games, it was an old version of Netscape I think. I remember pages of Monkey Island 3 and its walkthrough.

I lost 3 of my best friend because of excessive use of their accounts which cost them alot but I recovered one of them but one of those 2 that are gone, is clearly one of best people in the world that I know of, which introduced me to Metal music too,Carmageddon, Neverhood, Diablo, damn.

we had BBS at home in those era but I was too young to know what it is.

the best software of those age is NC (Norton Commander) without a doubt, also VGA COPY was great (I think it was originally for AMIGA) which I used to buy games with it, we had to bring diskettes and they put original (which was pirated) and then our diskette to copy. where is those joy in life?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember bulletin board system and getting promos for them on games.
A friend on mine downloaded some seriously dodgy shit through them, I always had problems connecting.
I remember playing games via dial up modem, ring a friend across the city, our phone provider charged 5.5p(plus VAT) per call regardless of length so it was dirt cheap.
Only problem with dial up was with people picking up the phone and disrupting the connection.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i was 7 i think..
i went to a web site that had a cartoon-ish moose .. uhh i don't remeber it exactly
but he was on a skateboard =D

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was about 8 or 9 or something like that, i logged onto cartoonetwork.com or net, dont actually remember. And i was playing this weird game i dont remember. It was odd.....

S

scubersteve

QUICK REVIVAL!

I was 3, my dad bought some dial-up...
My brother taught me how to use napster >.

L

Lyuse

xcalibur said:
For me it was Goatse when I was about 11...

I feel sorry for you man you were to young to see such thing

First time online: 2003(I lived on a farm)

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A school report in the 2nd grade. I was such a badass back then, I wrote my "Hero" paper on Castro to fuck with the teachers. Good times....

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can only remember checking my emails even though I never got any..
Oh and EEEERRREEERRROOOOARRREEEEOOOAORRRCHHHHHHHHHHHH - You've got mail!

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Back when I was a freshman in high school, the school had finally gotten internet for the first time ever. We were all assigned hotmail accounts. Yahoo and Ask Jeeves were the preferred search engines, and we all giggled when we found out you could ask "Is Jeeve's gay?" and he would reply "That's none of your business." Some other popular search engines were Altavista, Metasearch, Dogpile, and such. I also remember we had the Bess web filter.

Not long after, my parents got an account with Juno, who, at the time, offered free email via a dialup connection, but not a normal ISP. Basically, it dialed a number to check your email and send email etc. You didn't have to pay an ISP for it. But the calls were long distance where we lived, so we still had to limit it.

After a while, we finally subscribed to a real dailup ISP that had a local number (but not a local office), but they changed around 40$ a month. Then a new ISP appeared that was based locally, so I went to work for them my sophomore year and got free dailup for a years until. My town didn't get any sort of broadband until several years later while I was at college. And even now, the best you can get here is only 1Mbps (unless you get a T1).

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
I was like.... i think 7 years old or something.
We had a crappy 56Kbit modem
tongue.gif

But after we got broadband when i was i think 11 years old.
Ive been surfing the internet each day since
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk