Your favorite "cute style" games!

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
OP
Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2010
Messages
963
Trophies
0
Age
36
Location
N. Carolina
XP
1,326
Country
United States
This topic has a simple process:

1) List your favorite "cute style" game(s).
2) "D'awwww" uncontrollably.
3) ????
4) Profit.

happy.gif


Mine would have to be Kirby's Epic Yarn (which my wife loves playing too), Dewey's Adventure, and the Loco Roco Series.

D'AWWWWW
 

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
Member
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,098
Trophies
3
Age
30
XP
9,039
Country
Canada
Recettear: An Item Shops Tale - Recette is hilariously adorable, especially combined with her vocab.
Wanko To Kurasou - Mikan and Silvie are ridiculously adorable.

Aika Online also wins some major awards in the cute department. Their 'pet' system is these fairy girls (they basically look like normal little girls with elf ears), and they are FREAKIN' ADORABLE. They're so adorably cute it should be illegal. Too bad the whole game isn't cutesy though, just Prans. But the prans are cute enough for the entire damn MMO.
 

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
3,150
Trophies
0
Age
29
Location
Canada
Website
Visit site
XP
238
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
Recettear: An Item Shops Tale - Recette is hilariously adorable, especially combined with her vocab.
Wanko To Kurasou - Mikan and Silvie are ridiculously adorable.

Aika Online also wins some major awards in the cute department. Their 'pet' system is these fairy girls (they basically look like normal little girls with elf ears), and they are FREAKIN' ADORABLE. They're so adorably cute it should be illegal. Too bad the whole game isn't cutesy though, just Prans. But the prans are cute enough for the entire damn MMO.
Weeaboo games huh?


Kirby games are adorable.
 

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
Member
GBAtemp Patron
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
7,098
Trophies
3
Age
30
XP
9,039
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz. said:
Hells Malice said:
Recettear: An Item Shops Tale - Recette is hilariously adorable, especially combined with her vocab.
Wanko To Kurasou - Mikan and Silvie are ridiculously adorable.

Aika Online also wins some major awards in the cute department. Their 'pet' system is these fairy girls (they basically look like normal little girls with elf ears), and they are FREAKIN' ADORABLE. They're so adorably cute it should be illegal. Too bad the whole game isn't cutesy though, just Prans. But the prans are cute enough for the entire damn MMO.
Weeaboo games huh?


Kirby games are adorable.

Nope, Japanese ones.
Weeaboos are people, dipshit. Check 'em up on urban dictionary, has a great description.
 

Goli

RPG
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
2,571
Trophies
0
Age
28
Website
Visit site
XP
320
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hells Malice said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Hells Malice said:
Recettear: An Item Shops Tale - Recette is hilariously adorable, especially combined with her vocab.
Wanko To Kurasou - Mikan and Silvie are ridiculously adorable.

Aika Online also wins some major awards in the cute department. Their 'pet' system is these fairy girls (they basically look like normal little girls with elf ears), and they are FREAKIN' ADORABLE. They're so adorably cute it should be illegal. Too bad the whole game isn't cutesy though, just Prans. But the prans are cute enough for the entire damn MMO.
Weeaboo games huh?


Kirby games are adorable.

Nope, Japanese ones.
Weeaboos are people, dipshit. Check 'em up on urban dictionary, has a great description.
That kind of games = games weeaboos play = weeaboo games.
 

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
6,606
Trophies
1
Location
USA
XP
611
Country
United States
About the only cutesy games I can tolerate are the Sonic the Hedgehog games. I generally HATE cutesy games, which is likely why I mostly avoided Nintendo until the DS launched.
 

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
6,606
Trophies
1
Location
USA
XP
611
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Rayder said:
About the only cutesy games I can tolerate are the Sonic the Hedgehog games. I generally HATE cutesy games, which is likely why I mostly avoided Nintendo until the DS launched.
You don't like Mario?

Never did care for Mario games. I remember back in the NES days, I'd see someone play a Mario game and I'd be like, "
wtf.gif
Put in a GOOD game, like Punch-Out or Rad Racer, screw this sissy crap with that lame music." (yes, I hate the main Mario music, sue me) I've always hated the sound on the NES. The sound of the NES turned me off Nintendo for many years. I always thought my old Commodore 64 had better sound. I hung on to the C64 far longer than most people, so I was likely biased against the cutesy before Ninty ever grabbed a foothold in the video game market with their cutesy games. In fact, it was the C64 where I burned out on RPG's.....I just can't get into them anymore.

I like "macho" games like Contra or Turrican when it comes to platformers, not flower-and-bunny cutesy games. I like games where the characters look normal, or badass, not all super-deformed and ridiculous. I'm more of a shmup (not FPS), macho platformer and racing game sort of dude. The original Genesis Sonic games were the only cutesy games I could ever really stomach.

That said, I don't harbor any animosity toward anyone who does like cutesy games, I just don't want to play them myself.
 

Wintrale

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
May 19, 2009
Messages
713
Trophies
0
Age
33
Location
Kent, England
XP
229
Country
Hells Malice said:
Weeaboo games huh?

QUOTE(Goli @ Oct 22 2010, 11:32 PM) That kind of games = games weeaboos play = weeaboo games.

So... Any game developed in Japan is now a "weeaboo game"? Or is it just the cute ones that offend your masculinity and Westernism?
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Psi has a new girlfriend but I have known her for like 28 years
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Is she you?
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Psi just become a sparkling vampire already
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The Catboy it's weird there was always something between us.... But neither of us was single at the same time.... But last night we found out we both are... And hmmm 🥰
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She has all my weak points smart funny blonde and she lights up the room when she walks in and nothing else exists when she is there
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would eat the corn out of her.... Lol
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi! You're alive!
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ...and you have yet another new
    girlfried :rolleyes:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    MAKE HER SIGH A PRENUP
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    PSI <3 🌽
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Veho I'm down to 3
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dumping one soon
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My Facebook has like 120 women now or something lol
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Each one hotter than the last...
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Ordered a new SSD
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Your mom's an SSD lol
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Your mom writes to me fast
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I haven't placed an order with Newegg since like 2016 lol
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazon Is better lol
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Hard to find a fast 2tb SSD for 130
    +1
  • Peretti @ Peretti:
    lately I downloaded super mario galaxy for wii, but in the first phase, right in the first cutscene of the game, the game freezes in that part, with the image appearing but completely frozen. I already had this problem with pikmin 2 but in the end I couldn't fix the problem. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, did you find a solution?
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Moms spaghetti
    K3N1 @ K3N1: https://youtu.be/R-XUZE--qU8