Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1: Harvest Moon Sunshine Islands
2: Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story
3: Space Bust-A-Move

I haven't played enough of the new Zelda game yet to include it or not.

Incognitodies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
#1 The Dark Spire -oldschool western rpg = breath of fresh air on the DS after having played so many average jrpgs. The atmosphere and the graphic design are probably the best part of the game for me. Every level of the tower has a unique feel and designing and building up your team of heros feels so rewarding. Certainly has its flaws, and I wouldn't recommend it to a lot of people but that doesn't exclude it from greatness in my eyes.

#2 Atelier Annie Alchemist of Sera Island - Felt very much like a replacement for the Rune Factory/Harvest Moon games for me. Sometimes it seems like all you are doing is completely mundane tasks but its just sooo addictive.

#3 Might and Magic - only one of the 3 I haven't finished yet. I get frustrated at some levels but it something just keeps pulling me back again and again. Feels like the game I wanted Puzzle Quest to be.

Honorable mentions:
SuperTaisen OG saga - I really liked this game but honestly it really dragged in the latter stages
Retro Game Challenge

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Scribblenauts - Thought it would be pretty crap and over-hyped but i love it

Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars
- Great game, loved the above view like the old games, the only GTA game i have clocked

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Good game, although gets very repetitive doing missions all the time

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
Although it wasn't really as good as we expected, i have to say Scribblenauts. It had the most hype and the title screen is still the most fun i have had on the DS this year, that i can remember.

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
My two cents: M&L BIS has my vote! Innovative use of the screens... and I do like the approach. XD Game also gets honorable mention for being the game that threw people into a panic and flurry for having such tough AP.

Didn't like KH too much. It DID get pretty repetitive and I ended up finishing it for the sake of saying "I finished a Kingdom Hearts game. Now I feel dirty."

And Devil Survivor! Oh gods, now THAT kept me going for days on end!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this apply to games released in 2009, or your favorite game in 2009? My favorite game that I played in 2009 would easily be Animal Crossing:WW, just cause I love the series. For the game released in 2009, I would say Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story. The game-play was very clean, and the story really brought out some LOLs.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks. Anyway, ML : BIS was my favorite in 2009!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone