You Think You Can Do Better? February Mini Contest! *CLOSED*

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game starts in a great world. You can do everything, you have everything and everyone obeys you. You can do different activities to level your skills. But there is one door you can't open. You even have extra powers: You can fly and destroy things with your mind.
After you have enough skills, you can open the door. You go into the "real world" where you are nothing and you can't go back. Now you have to work very hard to survive. You can't use your "powers" any more.
There are different ways how you can open the door again:
The scientist finds a way to destroy the door.
The adventurer finds a key.
You can find the key in a pocket of a criminal as police officer or agent.
As a historian, you find the key in a excavation after you read about it in a old book.
It's possible to steal the key from a museum as a criminal.
Now the story is finished and everything is a opened world: you can switch between the two worlds. You can use your forces in the "real" world etc.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The title is
The Immortals : Guardians of Civilization.

The "immortals" are a race of beings that the gods set in place to guide the destiny of "mankind" (for lack of a better word ... We're not necessarily talking about humans here.). They CAN be killed, although with difficulty, but the point of being "immortal" is that you never age and CAN live forever. This was so to allow them to continue governing from generation to generation while the rest of the species comes and goes.

The game will be a RTS-FPS combo, having a very good, predefined, default tech tree and good hierarchy of AI sub-leaders to be able command your troops by squads or even legions and not HAVE to micromanage BUT micromanagement is possible down to the very last detail is you wish (EVEN, as mentioned before, down to taking control from a first person point of view.)

The first person point of view will, at first, just be possible with the commanding unit, the "immortal" but as technology advances, the ability to control individual units remotely will become available. This will be particularly useful when storming a building or a ship to take it over and you want go in at the head of your troops and FPS it down the hallways of the building or ship. ("FPS", though, could include hopping into an abandoned or parked vehicle and taking it for a spin ... with some "learning" mechanism in place, of course, to keep a caveman from running a tank.) It will be very tempting to just leave your ruling character back in the base hiding in a bunker or something so I'd make it so having him out with the attack give a significant morale boost to your troops and thereby making them more powerful. You can also name a successor so when you die your forces are immediately taken over by him and you then begin to play as your successor. (I would say you're "reincarnated" but the successor would have to already be alive.) To add the adrenaline of that risk of having your leader killed and loosing everything, designating a successor requires a somewhat lengthy and rather expensive ritual so the gods will accept him as the next immortal.

With online play friends as other "mercenary" units can come in to help you to either in a purely first person control form or you can assign them a part of your troops to command. Either way they will be able to see your commands to them, personally, as suggestions for which they will optionally be rewarded with resources at the price you personally set as well as them receiving points in a bragging rights-type rank system for their online user. That way people can see it's safer to "hire" mercenaries with better scores (even if they choose not to pay them anything) since you have to be careful when someone might turn on you.

Beyond the preset tech tree you can micromanage in many ways because desperate times call for desperate measures. The most basic, Neolithic weapon as a cave man could be just beating someone with a good sized rock (once you've "discovered" stone in the first place ... one of your initial achievements in the game). Now, imagine a more modern soldier running out of ammo and not having a weapon that's all that useful to hit someone with. He can then go grab a nearby rock and use it as a bludgeon weapon on some enemy he's snuck up on. The tech tree is long and complicated but there's an option to have things auto-build and auto-research so you don't have to think about it as much BUT, as usual, if you want to tweak it, micromanagement is definitely welcome.

With the tech tree, not only will you be able to mix old and new technology but you will also be able to mix in magic. (imagine a sniper rifle that has been enchanted with +3 ice damage ... or a literal holy hand grenade. :P ) The magic, though, is slow to research. I'll have to avoid that much power being achieved at a low tech level and making things way too easy and/or unbalanced in online combat.

As the battles grow in scope from land battles to intercontinental warfare to interplanetary and then interstellar (with 3D movement similar to Homeworld), there will come into play new mechanisms (wormhole, natural dimentional portal, etc) to be able to prepare and army and then throw it out into a large, almost MMO online server where there will be a constant battle for power among those of similar tech levels. (The main offline campaign, although fun in and of itself with a simple story of just conquering and submitting all life to the gods' chosen leadership, will mainly serve as a practice ground to get used to the interface and gain strategical experience to join the PvP online play.) For those who really just want it for the FPS action there would also be campaign modes where the commander is AI and you are being commanded as a grunt/pilot/whatever through objectives and missions that they give you that would give you following a similar storyline. During that you can accept pending offers to take command of a few or a lot more troops and then step down from that at any time.

Online servers, I think, would have to be pretty beefy to handle that kind of player count so the server program will be able to be customized to fit the servers' individual limitations. The overall world would be divided into smaller maps on separate servers and would then keep in simple network contact (at least an occasional ping to be sure it's still there) with servers hosing "ajacent" maps to allow players to retreat or spread their conquest to the next area when needed.

Backwards compatibility would be key as well. Although servers could set limits on how old the hardware that's connecting can be or how good a video card (in case a crappy video card just makes it really easy to pick out a hiding enemy) but the game would have the ability to scale back graphics as needed to be able to support what would traditionally be non-gaming hardware. If you download the game to install it, it would assess the power of your computer and give you a suggestion of the amound and range of available detail levels in the sets of textures and models that you would download with it. If you later change want to add more options it could download an update pack when you upgrade your video card OR if you decide that your computer can't really support graphics better than the original Doom.

I've been typing for a while. I have more of this idea in my head but I'll be updating and clarifying as I get a chance.
Nah, that's good enough of a description. I wouldn't want to bore you with the whole, long tech tree (still incomplete) and there's not much else to say.

strayofthesun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A World Without Heroes
First off, I plan on making this into a game, if anyone steal this idea I will hunt you down <.<

Story: In 2217, A group of powerful and influential people decide that the humanity is pretty much dead, everyone has pretty much lost all emotions and don't really care about anything. In order to bring back what humanity has lost they build a machine, The Weaver of Tales, to replicate the thoughts and emotion of 'Heroes' which they put into mechs called Dreamers. These Dreamers are released into the world partnered with a specially selected pilot called Torches, meant to 'light the way' for the Dreamer.
The main character is a 16-year old boy( I haven't thought of a name for him yet), who wakes up from a coma. The last thing he remembers is being hit by a car in the year 2017. When he wakes up he's greeted by a strange scientist who takes him to meet a Dreamer called Hope. After hearing about the state of the world the MC decides to travel with Hope to see for himself how emotionless humans are.

Gameplay: the combat will be similar to the Zone of the Enders games, but with more freedom. full free-roam area with everything being interactive, every thing you do will influence your Emotions. Which will change your interactions with other characters and which parts you can equip to Hope.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately I am currently lacking in visual aids..
Here's the basic idea.
You are a game developer, and you're trying to make a game. Unfortunately you and your team are having "creative differences" so you shut yourself in your room to finish it without interruption.
You work tirelessly day and night to make your dream come true without sleep, without food, with minimal bathroom breaks, until you pass out at your desk.

You wake up to find yourself in your unfinished game, talking to the NPCs, going around with your hero, doing all these little things. You run into bugs and and glitches you haven't ironed out of your game yet, and your team gets owned because of poor balancing issues, but luckily you have your trusty tablet to work with that's connected to your cloud so you simply edit your game and fix things. As you progress through your world, trying to understand your characters better and trying to come up with a good ending, you find more and more amiss with it.. Characters are acting differently than you expect, you're coming across cliches you purposely took out of your game and avoided... You realize someone else is editing your game, and you must escape your world and protect your people before your former partner ruins it all for you..

Essentially you are a fallen God, you are limited to a tablet to control your world, while your former partner has full control and is trying to remake the world as his ideal. You must finish the game while editing and the world to protect yourself and your new comrades, while making your deadline. =)

Notes:
The game being created is a typical RPG or JRPG, and when edited will play on cliches you typically find in them. Battle systems will shift and change depending on what settings you apply using the tablet, along with the look and everything else such as your controls etc. You can move your menus and resize as you set fit and set up your own buttons and hotkeys and map everything.
You can create items and place chests and change encounters and create NPCs, but if you make it too unbalanced and easy for yourself to get through the RPG story, then you will fail overall because your game won't sell when you return to your own world. You must make a fair game, that can also be beaten so that you can get to the end, finish the game, and make a masterpiece that will sell enough to at least fund a sequel.

One of my many ideas. x]] But the one that seems to borrow the least from other games or franchises, so yeah.. >.>; Been dreaming of this for a long while now. x]]

This reminds me alot of Pixel Trouble. It's not exceptional but good nevertheless. And it's free at that :).

TheJeweler

Connoisseur of the Fistic Arts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Protagonist is a nameless gunman
He was originally an orphaned mexican/native american child who was thought to be abandoned in a brothel in the town of Cresta Lumbre New Mexico. He was mothered by a young Prostitute by the name of Annabelle or Annie to her customers. She was caring to him as a child but grew more distant as he grew up. Because of the setting of his childhood he had to learn how to defend himself and as such is an accomplished boxer/ pugilist. In order to keep his home in the brothel he had to work odd jobs around the town which is why he has a variety of skills such as farming, mining, smithing, and even learned how to shoot while working on a ranch. Eventually Annabelle tells him about how a group of travelers found him in what was left of an indian settelment and left him in town because of their inability to care for him. All he had was an old black and brown blanket and a small turqoise necklace. He decides to find out what it was that happened.

The game would basically be open world which allows travel to whichever towns are available. Players are free to choose between third and first person. Unlike other games I was hoping it could have a more realistic aproach to it such as availability of ammo, weapons, and health. Some examples would be the fact that a person isnt capable of carrying any and every weapon they can find, instead they would be limited to two or three such a twin revolvers and a rifle or just a shotgun and handgun and such. Also with the more damage your character takes the less capable they are in a fight (limping, disabled limbs, etc) so rather than just run and gun a person has to create some kind of strategy. Upgrades would come in the way of newer weapons rather than parts upgrades. Also a sort of reputation or notriety system, coming from bounty hunting or just kills/ attacks in general where a person could be randomly attacked by bounty hunters if too bad and by gangsters if too good while no matter what you can succumb from bandit raids. I also wouldn't mind there being a sort of romance or dating system to it maybe a selection of women being from Annabelle (possibly), Josephine (a farmgirl), Kate (a school teacher), Jane (disguised bounyhunter), Myra (an old friend of Jane's and only bandit to have escaped her). All of this feels cliche but still I feel westerns arent represented very well in video games the few that exists are decent but still. Quick Edit: was watching a couple of westerns and saw a bunch of horses being shot, which is bad so maybe also have some kind of thing where if you start shooting horses people will start seeing you as a coward or maybe have all of the in game horses become hostile towards you and refuse to let you ride them so that you would have to trek by foot from place to place. Also drinking would make you bleary eyed and such.

I dont know if I should include an ending to this but just thought this could be good.
Almost forgot, if this were to become a game the only man I would like to compose the soundtrack would be Ennio Morricone

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Silverthorn
Pixel trouble is a glitched/bugged game,not unfinished.But its true that if we don't know that the holes is glitch/bug,we can think its unfinished.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets see here... short of just copy and pasting my game design document and early alpha builds of the game, I'll describe it instead.

This would be an action RPG, but there are no levels. Players start with base stats that don't grow by them selves. No matter how many wolves or goblins you kill, your HP doesn't go up, your STR doesn't go up, and so on. Instead, your equipment gives you bonuses to your stats. Say you start with 20HP and you get a helmet that adds +5HP to your stats. Now you have 25HP. The same is true for all other stats. Switching out your equipment gives you your stats. However, that's not everything there is to this.

You can add your own bonuses to your equipment. So say you have a +10STR enchantment, you put it on your helm (losing the enchantment in the process), and now it gives +5HP AND +10STR. Of course, you can't just add enchantments forever. Your items can only hold so much. Say your basic helm only has 2 enchantment slot, with the first slot already holding its base +5HP. You have your +10STR enchantment, but you can also put a skill in that slot. Say you want to cast a fireball, you equip the skill to the enchantment slot, and bam! Your helmet gives you +5HP AND lets you cast a fireball, but the helmet alone can't hold any more enchantments.

But yet again, there's more. As you kill enemies, they drop one of five elements based off the classical elements (Earth, Water, Air, Fire, and Aether). What they drop and how much is dependent on what creature, so a wolf might drop a single element when a dire wolf will drop many. These can be used to improve the enchantments equipped to you. Take some Water elements, pour them into your helmets +5HP enchantment, and then it grows to +6HP, then +7HP, and so on. Pour some Fire elements into your fireball skill and you've made it stronger! Of course these have their limits, and eventually it takes up WAY to much elements to grow even a single point, a soft cap.

At this point, you can take your helmet and disenchant it through a couple ways. You can either get the base item back but lose your enchantments, you can get a single enchantment back but lose the item, or if you have a lot of in game money, you can get the item, enchantment, and skill back. You can then refine them into elements and crafting materials to make new equipment, enchantments, and skills. In fact, the game is based primarily over crafting your own equipment, but not like how most games do it. Sure you can make a simple iron dagger, but with most games everyones crafting is the same. All the low end stuff is the same, all of the high end stuff is the same as anyone elses in seemingly every game with a crafting system. And then nearly ALL of those games make crafting pointless as all the best items in the game can be found on a boss or in a dungeon or whatever.

And while you certainly can clear out dungeons and kill bosses to get equipment, those aren't the end all of equipment. You can make them better or use them to get the enchantments and elements and crafting materials you need to make your own epic equipment. And your equipment wont be the same as another persons equipment. You might favor spells while another person favors swords and shields. And even if another person played like you did, their equipment wouldn't match yours point for point. You two wouldn't even look the same!

It's really hard for me to explain without showing you first hand, and sadly I have nothing I currently want to show, nothing that would do justice to this at any rate. All I have is placeholder graphics and movement and basic combat and a simple random dungeon generator, not something I currently wish to show.

I hope I made my idea clear (though I know I didn't). Long story short, it's an equipment based RPG where crafting is important all through out. Where the equipment you have doesn't match the kind someone else has, at least at the end game (everyone will likely hold a dagger for example). Stuff I didn't mention was a possible simple war simulator, where actions you take in the game effect the territory or the two or three major kingdoms. No true story yet, but I wouldn't be against one in the future, it's just not my primary focus. The world would be split up into smaller areas. Not a 3D open world like Skyrim, but smaller sections like 2D Zeldas. Randomly generated dungeons. If I was skilled enough, I would try making the whole world randomly generated, but even Minecraft doesn't have logical town placement and territory marking and such. It's way outside my skill level right now. But if I ever did manage it, it would make the game truly unique to who ever played it. Your game isn't the same as theirs, at least from a world stand point.

My goal is to release this game on as many platforms as I can, though as I'm only a guy who resembles an indie game developer, I can only realistically get it on four (five if you count Windows 8 separate from Windows 7 and below). Windows, Mac OSX, iOS, and Android. Maybe someday it will see it self on consoles and such, but for now, those four should be enough.

If you wish to help with this project, please pester me about it. You may get to see crappy development builds and get the game as a whole done faster.

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Silverthorn
Pixel trouble is a glitched/bugged game,not unfinished.But its true that if we don't know that the holes is glitch/bug,we can think its unfinished.

:huh: Yeah I know that it is a complete game. I just meant that both concepts were kinda similar, that's all.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an idea that I have come up with when I have alone time(normally walking to/from school). I am still working on stuff, so I may continue to edit my post until the contest ends.​
The Planet Soul
Story:​
story: long ago, a human stumbled across a tiny cave/enclosure. there was a reddish-purple light inside of a complex
spherical lock,with many different sections that can be rotated with different symbols on them(think like a circular rubix cube, times 10) The lock could be turned in many combinations. The boy started to twist and turn the lock in different ways. The sphere hovered, then the sections expanded leaving a bright white light that has a red and green tint to it
(sphere expanded is like one of these somewhat http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TVyVb1ADL._AA300_.jpg)

The boy touched the light, which attaches itself to his hand, opens temporal rift, drawing him into the giant hole in the middle of the air. The rift closes. The light stuck to his hand starts to snake his way around his body like tentacles, until his whole body is covered in the tentacles of this strange light. Then the light all gets absorbed to his forhead That caused a shockwave in the strange dimension he was in.(think a mix between Chaos vortex kid icarus, and dimensional rift from the darkrai pokemon movie) This shockwave disrupted any barriers that had kept evil at bay until now, and also contained the information of where the shockwave had come from(the boy, currently). This shockwave caused other evil energies to break free. They embedded in his body, slowing causing him to be filled with power and change his appearance. He tries to resist, but the evil energies are too much for him to try to resist.

He opened up the a tunnel to the dimension unknown to anything/one but him, where all of the power is coming from, encaged in a lock similar to the one which the boy had just opened recently. The creature/human(what was the boy, he has changed now) unlocks it, and absorbs the energy within, growing to full power. The sphere that the boy unlocked happened to sends a signal to unlock the others locks in other dimensions and planets/stars. One the lock is released, the soul of the planet is exposed, something that should never happen. There was an evil power from long ago, and those locks were the best thing that could be done to contain the power, as the planet souls try to counteract the power that the boy had now absorbed. He gathers up all of the energy that he has, an releases it in a shockwave. It penetrates the dimension where the boy came from(ours) and shatters the planets into pieces no larger than a football field. The planet's souls were also shattered, and spread across the debris. However, a tiny shard no thicker than a pencil and no bigger than a needle becomes absorbed in another human stuck on a pile of the rock unconcious. The power is absorbed into him/her(the main hero). The evil creature/human is starting from the far end of planets, gathering up the planet's souls...

Game Style:
-Platformer-a somewhat 3d 2d platformer if you know what I mean, with animated 3d backgrounds

-Race to try to obtain the fractured planet's soul before the other spirit helpers do(explained a little bit later)

-because of the planets that have been destroyed, there is debris everywhere

-Can use the planet soul to rearrange some debris, moving the rocks, fusing the debris together, destroying some debris, cutting sections out of the debris....

-Planet soul meter(its only a little shard that you are borrowing power from, so it's power can only go so far)
depending on object and action, it can use more or less of the planet soul

-when you move items in one dimension, it messes with items in the other dimensions

-the other dimensions are harmful to you and the planet soul(drains hp and planet soul strength)

-your health and the planet's soul strength recover automatically, but at a very slow rate

-The physics in the alternate dimensions are different each time you enter them

-Multiple endings(if soul count is <#, if soul counter is the sames as #, if soul count is greater than #,....)

Gameplay Elements:
-occasional planet energy capsules which TEMPORARILY restore the strength of the planet soul for a time

-3 different alternate dimensions with enemies in them

-some pieces you are unable to move, so you have to switch to different dimensions

-1 of the main enemy(what was the boy)'s spirit helper(think semi generic shadow being, except not really)for each of the alternate dimensions

-the spirit helper tries to overtake you

-The spirit helpers in each dimension can send stuff to YOUR dimension, taking away elements or adding elements.

-There are pieces of the soul hidden throughout the levels, which can make a make a fractured soul if you collect 12, and they restore permanately some power to the soul

-If you don't obtain enough of the hidden souls, the game gets considerably harder, and you have less bonuses

-You can die from not having enough soul shards

-some areas where the ground falls out from beneath you

-to defeat bosses, you have to switch back between dimensions

-a few different methods for defeating each boss

-advanced AI that slowly learns your playing style, and which attacks from the boss are more likely to hit you, and which attacks from you hit the boss the most

-on hard and expert mode, the bosses use this information to use the fighting style that you are most likely bad against

-Each time you obtain a fractured soul, you can upgrade the powers of the planet soul that you use, or your abilities

Some example upgrades:

-More power for the soul
-Faster recharge rate for the soul's power
-Low gravity
-Inverted gravity
-Fast movement
-explosive blasts
-Magnetism
-Air bubble(for areas with toxic air or areas with large amount of water)
-Pressure(makes the character heavy so he can walk through intense wind)

Character Power ups:
-Health
-Defense
-Speed(running)
-Protection armor(reduces electrical damage by 3/4, fire damge by 1/6, acid/posion by 1/2, basic -damage by 1/4)
-Soul Beacon(your character pulses with a light blue outline when you are near a hidden planet soul
-Soul Beacon Lvl 2(the rate of the pulsing light outline becomes faster the closer you are to one)

I will add a pastebin link later, and perhaps some sketches of what I think it would look like. But for now, this is what I have.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How detailed should our posts be? I see some people only talking about Story rather then Gameplay and I see some who are talking about actually developing these. Does having things such as beta builds or actual game screenshots affect the chances of winning?

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How detailed should our posts be? I see some people only talking about Story rather then Gameplay and I see some who are talking about actually developing these. Does having things such as beta builds or actual game screenshots affect the chances of winning?

I was wondering about that too. Should we describe a game concept with everything related to it (gameplay, graphics, story...) or just a single gameplay idea? I'd like it if that could be clarified.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another contest I'll lose but here goes nothing.

You're a gummy bear which needs to get its partners in order to save the world against the M&M's, it involves getting better weapons at later on the game and fighting old school characters such as gummy snakes.
Time is precious so you need to advance as fast as you can.

Well this is what i could come up with, lol i have no fucking creativity what-so-ever.

AmmyT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title: 4

Plot
  • The game opens up with a cinematic that follows a mysterious woman known to you only as 4. The scene is presented in first person and narrated by her, as she is speaking about an event in her past. The clip is of her successful assassination on a notorious crime figure. As she turns to walk away, the camera zooms out, revealing a crosshair trained directly on her. The screen fades to black and a shot is heard. We fast forward 3 years. 4 has awoken inside a mysterious complex. She is approached by a man who introduces himself as Cain Argus, apparently he is someone you know very well. He tells you that 3 years ago, you were shot in the head and have been in a coma ever since. You have no recollection of your past. The only thing you seem to remember, is that the number 5 is very significant to you. Cain tells you that you're a trained assassin. 1 of 2 assassins working under the group called C.A.U. Before telling you anything else, he lets you know that if you want to uncover the truth of your past, he will not hold your hand. You must do it on your own. But sometimes, the truth is best left a mystery.
Main Characters
  • 4- Female. 33 years old. Real name unknown. Worked 7 years as a trained assassin under the group C.A.U. Shot in the head 3 years ago, should have died, but the bullet passed through the nuzzle on her sniper preventing it from fully piercing her skull. No memory of her past. Cites the number 5 over and over. More of this character Bio unlocks as the story progresses.
  • Cain Argus- Male. 47 years old. Founder of the group C.A.U. More of this character's Bio unlocks as the story progresses.
  • 5- Female. 15 years old. Newest member of C.A.U. Striking resemblance to 4. Seems reluctant to accept missions from Cain. More of this character's Bio unlocks as the story progresses.
  • 1,2,3- All males. Ex-Members of C.A.U. Apparently killed by 4 for reasons unknown. More of this character's Bio unlocks as the story progresses.
  • Lilith Rolf- Female. Cain's lieutenant. Missions are provided to you directly from her. More of this character's Bio unlocks as the story progresses.
  • C.A.U.- Cain Assassination Unit. Group of 5 assassins trained directly under Cain Argus. The details surrounding the deaths of 1, 2 and 3 are vague. 4 apparently had a hand in their deaths. Assassins code number chosen at random. Except for 5, chosen in order to keep in line with the others.
Gameplay

• 3rd Person Shooter/Puzzle/Stealth/Open World
  • Player awarded score/grade at the end of each mission. Used to unlock skill points.
  • 3 skill trees: Assassin/Thief/Soldier You choose which skill tree you will follow at the beginning of the game. You will be able to max that skill tree and learn certain skills from the others through missions. Which tree you choose factors heavily during your missions. For example, the assassin skill tree carries skills that increases your stealth killing abilities. Missions that require stealth will be a bit easier, but missions that require hacking systems(thief) or heavy combat(soldier) will become more difficult. Sample skills:
  • Assassin:
    • Keen Eye- Enhance your vision greatly. Allows you to pinpoint enemy weakness. Visible thru walls.
    • Swift Feet- Increases dexterity. Allows you to run along walls for greater length.
  • Thief:
    • Hacker- Increases Intellect. Hack duration decreased 10% for each invested point. Maximum 50% decrease.
    • Backfire- Hacked sentry turrets deal explosion damage to anyone within 10m when destroyed.
  • Soldier
    • Focus- Recoil on weapons decreased dramatically for 10 seconds.
    • Warmonger- Weapon damage increased for 10 seconds.
  • Weapons: Blades(Knives/Katana/Swords)/Guns(Pistols/Snipers/SMG/LMG/AR)/Environment(Anything around you that can inflict pain)
  • You will need to solve puzzles as you progress through the game. These will range from trying to crack a safe to piecing together past and present mysteries of your life.
  • Multiple endings(Good/Bad/Perfect). Decisions you make throughout the game will influence the ending. Some decisions will be fairly obvious as to which ending they will lead you to. Others will be difficult to comprehend and will require extreme thought.
  • Vehicles. Cars, trucks, planes, bicycles, boats etc...
  • Sample missions
    • Heavy combat based mission: An old acquaintance was captured and is being interrogated. You've pin they're location down to a heavily guarded base. The guards are aware of your presence and you must fight your way through, rescue the person and fight your way out.
    • Thief mission: You must retrieve information of a hard drive. The holders of the hard drive are allies of Cain. The data on the drive contains information that they do not want Cain to know, nor do they have any idea that he knows of it's existence. You must stay undetected to retrieve the data. Unlike stealth missions, you cannot kill anyone. You can, however, render them unconscious.
    • Stealth mission: The President of a Pharmaceutical company is planning on sending the FBI incriminating evidence against the C.A.U. You must infiltrate the company building, acquire the evidence and kill the President. You must go undetected. You can kill any person that poses a threat(Armed guards), but be sure to hide their bodies.(This mission would contain a decision. You will have the choice of either A.)Kill the President and acquire the evidence or B.) Let the President live and acquire the evidence. Decision A would push you towards the perfect ending, depending on decision in previous missions. B would place you between Good and Bad.
  • Open World would consist of things like depots, car lots, airports, marina etc....You will able to complete side mission(No effect on ending whether you complete or not). Completing side missions will unlock some skills in any of the skill trees you did not choose in the beginning.
  • Combat and Shooting
    • Stealth: Move close to an enemy undetected to activate stealth kills. Stealth kills will be QTE and will have an animation based on the weapon you have equipped. Being detected by an enemy in the open world will just switch you from stealth mode to normal combat. Being detected during a stealth mission will auto fail the mission.
    • Normal combat: You will be able to acquire combos in the soldier skill tree. These will range from disarming targets to neutralizing them with quick punches and kicks.
    • Shooting: No lock on. 3rd person with crosshair, naturally.

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok be for i post my idea i wouold like too say the japanese were the fist ones too make games of corse thier bound too be games people think that they were the first one too think of and they made it first i feel you cant copy right a idea or a world you make and it had some ascpets form other thing you like may be copy righted tho you as a gamer play games too get away form your life or play them too coop with it i am 21 and their is a HELL OF A LOT MORE THINGS TO BE PISS OFF ABOUT THEN ...

Why must you make it hard for us to read your post?
Could you please not use caps lock, actually add periods to your sentences, and add paragraph breaks? It hurts the eyes. I got past the first 4 lines before I gave up.
Don't make the person who is running this have to deal with a post like this please.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got one. Thought of it a while back, but I was just reminded of it.

What happens is that there is this cliched fantasy world (with all the elves, dragons, dwarfs, wizards, castles, etc.) and what happens is that they get invaded by aliens. The game would be an action RPG, shooter, hack and slash, and all of those fun things.

It would be interesting if someone actually made a game like that.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Here's my simple idea.

The game will be called Super Puyix and it'll be about some guy who got REALLY drugged up during a trip to Brazil and now he's in the middle of nowhere while still hallucinating. It'll be a 2D platformer with a few 3D sections where the character will walk/run on it's own and fall off cliffs because he's all drugged up, and the only way to help him is to prick his butt in order for him to run or jump. Each world will be getting wackier and wackier and it will start with a Brazillian Jungle and go to places like the temples of light inside the astral realm (For those of you who don't know, some beliefs dictate that there are such things), where he will find a excessively bearded old guy and learn words of wisdom on how to conquer his insecurities and past mistakes. In the end he'll get out of his trip and realize he was in the hotel all along and that he doesn't need drugs to have fun. It'll be one big "say NO" message in disguise.

The game will have a few 3D sections where you are required to solve puzzle's that require some thinking out of the box and you are allowed free movement. Those parts will take over what would've been boss fights. For example. In the jungle there will be one where you find a bunch of moles and you gotta jump on all of them at the same time to go through to the next area, and to solve that you'd need to climb a tree and step on a branch that will fall on top of all of them with you, so essentially you did jump on them at the same time.

It'll be out in the Android market for free, sustained by adds.

There.

Actually... I'm kinda thinking about working on that, but I'm working on another game for my Software Engineering project.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this idea for a bit, its called...

SHIFT

Essentially, you begin the game with a simple name. Subject 09. You are the remnants of a failure. One that cost the human race its existence.

The place you awoke, Outpost. A complex built on the edge of the universe.

You see a cold metal device secured around your arm, as if its as much a part of you as your leg or head.

Outpost is in ruins, its barely holding up and its Ground Zero for a dimensional bleeding. A wound created by fools. Your creators.

Story
The way the story is told is in a way your piecing it together, however, your not quite a part of it. You learn of what exactly the SHIFT project was developed for, why it fell apart, many things. However, this story is optional, yet its deep. You dont HAVE to know why Outpost is like it is, it doesnt have any effect on gameplay, you can if you want but it wont affect you too much, now on the other side, you have YOUR story, you can write your own logs, which you can then upload to a database where other players can read it. Or share it via a social network along with screenshots.

For the most part, the basic story is that mankind has reached the apex of our capabilities, and we enjoy a lazy and blissful golden age, our race has conquered most of the universe and peace not only reigns on Earth, but the entire universe. However, our greatest trait is also our worse flaw. We didnt stop with the Universe, we wanted to move on to reality itself. We wanted to truly be gods. And so Outpost was created. A sort of space complex built on the edge of the universe. After countless generations, we finally succeeded in building the Space-time Harmony Interupting Fluxuation Transporter, a device that allows the movement through dimensions aptly named, SHIFTing. It worked, but not how we expected and the device back fired on us, locking on to the genetic signature and SHIFTing anything with it, afterwards this device self-destructed and took down half of Outpost with it. It was only an hour later that you awoke, unaware of why your here or what the HERMES device is for, or why your SHIFTing. But your hell-bend to stop it.
Platform and Modding
This game would use a cross-platform model (but the main version would be PC, it being the master race and all) which allows you to send your saves to a Cloud and load it on any device. Or directly sync it with bluetooth.

Modding would also be open to allow players to stick whatever the hell they fell should be in it, from new dimensions to re-doing whole parts of the game.
Gameplay
To begin with, this game would play like a rouge-like. Except your character lacks stats, skills, abilities anything of the sort. The game isn't based on improvable aspects and your character is only as good as YOU are. Your only real ability is the fact you also don't have to deal with things like stats, skills and abilities. You can think and fight like a normal person, and YOU naturally become better at handling various tasks, a number doesn't determine if you win or lose, YOU do.

Basics-

Like most rouge-likes the game is a bit complex in play. Nothing is operated in Real Time, instead you and your enemies spend Frames with every possible action, and I do mean EVERY possible action, you might expect movement, commands and such to cost you frames, but the game lacks things like HUDs or objective arrows and many other things, you MUST figure out what to do next yourself. Instead of HUDs and such you have your HERMES device locked around your wrist, you are allowed to look at it, at the cost of a few frames, any tab you open on it, a frame or so goes by. Every action you make will cost you a few Frames in similar fashion to how long it would take you to complete normally. This means you cant just pop into your magical menu and look up your condition, or your enemies condition in the middle of them mauling you on the ground. This game punishes you for doing things like that. However, in that same sense the game doesn't penalize you for dying. When you die you just end up back in Outpost with all your items. Which will hurt you quite a bit later on.

Along with frames you also have a sort of timer. See the main basis of the game is shifting through different dimensions. But this isn't a desired action, instead when you spend about 2000 frames (that's about 2 in-game days worth) you will be SHIFTED into a completely different dimension, all you will be left with is what is on your person. Also, anything that's in direct contact with you will also SHIFT. Meaning you could say, grab on to a enemy who lives underwater, and drag him with you when you SHIFT into a desert-like dimension where he will air-drown or dry up. Some missions in the game will be based on this. One example would be one of the first missions, where you drag a massive crystal that, in its environment, does nothing, however when its in a generator in Outpost it supplies MASSIVE amounts of power.

Outpost serves as a central Hub of sorts. Here you store weapons, gear, check your SHIFT logs, and queue up which dimension you will SHIFT to next. However, Outpost also serves as your life in a sort of way too, since Outpost can be affected by anything you bring back with you from another dimension. Ill emphasize on why this is important later.

While it might sound difficult, its also rewarding, you can obtain certain items and gear that allow you to do certain other things, like have a HUD (Visor) or some degree of control to what dimension you SHIFT (Daedalus' Chart) or even when you SHIFT (Delay Glyph) and vehicles and companions, some that you can sync to SHIFT with you. There's also a MASSIVE amount of tools, weapons and gear you can obtain on your travels. Anything from simple heavy sticks, to complex and highly powerful energy based weapons. And they combat system doesn't force you to use each in only one way, you can fire axes out of crossbows, use rocks as missiles, and even rip out someones lungs and beat them to death with it!

Combat-

Now for the fun stuff, COMBAT! In SHIFT you nor your enemies nor really anything has HP or Health, instead combat is based on causing actual bodily harm to your foes. An example would be an axe or sword being used to server a limb, or to cause a wound that would result in bleeding out. Or bashing a head to cause a major concussion, which would knock them out or confuse them. Essentially, anything that would normally cause negative effects on a human being with have that effect on most similar things, but also remember, your not ALWAYS fighting Humanoids.

Combat has two forms, Tactical and Savage.

Savage combat requires very little thinking on your part and allows you wrap up a fight based on a few factors acting out very fast. Savage combat will save you quite a few frames, and chances are your going to use it when your in a hurry.

Tactical combat has the same factors Savage puts into mind, but it lets you decide some of these rather then the computer. Tactical lets you decide where your going to hit a foe, how your going to hit them, gives you an idea of how hard or easy a hit will be. Along with a few other factors that come into play with different weapons. However, Tactical Combat also eats up frames, since in Tactical Combat different actions have different amounts of frames, this comes to play in a case where you select to dodge or block an attack. If your enemies attack spends LESS frames then your block, your going to be hit. Most often this is the case, so its important to have good armor also. When your wearing a Visor, these details improve by giving you percentage chances of hitting and how badly damaged the limb is.

Armor also impacts these factors, along with material of armor compared to weapon. Like, Iron armor wont hold up to blades made of pure energy, but it will protect quite well when matched to weaker metals like Lead or Graphite.

Weapons come in all forms and shapes and sizes, from Bows that fire arrows made of pure photon energy, to simple heavy sticks and rocks. Each with its own qualities, also they each come in certain conditions, which decide if your shiny new Rivet Rifle is going to break the second you fire it or not. Weapons can be repaired at Outpost or certain Forge-like areas.

Exploration and Objectives-

Unlike most games, you never are locked into a task. You can be given an important mission, ignore it, and suffer the consequences of ignoring it. For instance, your in dire need of power for Outpost, if you dont soon, next time you SHIFT back, your going to loose access to quite a few areas. You can just go and mess around and ignore this need, however your going to suffer when you loose access to the medical bay or armory. You have freedom in your actions.

Dimensions are randomly generated. But do center on certain themes, for example there is one in a desert, one in a destroyed world, and quite a few others. Roughly 30 in all. During the course of the game you can expect to visit these dimensions multiple times. Each one changing depending on what you did last time, for example you visit the destroyed world and plan a seed or something. Next time you SHIFT back to that world (which could be as long as a few years) you'll see that seed have grown into a mighty tree and slowly growing more and more to bring life back to the world. This can work in both good and bad ways however, say you visit a village in one dimension and speak with them, sell them things from other dimensions, this village can catch a virus that lived on the item you sold them, or if you sell a primitive village a powerful laser-based rifle they can become warlords and enslave their entire world. Sometimes these things can help you with your mission, the village-turned-warlords could regard you as a god and be more then willing to give you or help you obtain whatever you need. Or the village that was ravaged by the virus could have now recovered and regard you as a demon of some kind. They would probably try to kill your or imprison you. These can happen any time you leave something behind from another dimension. You can also not harm or make them stronger and just build a better relationship with people in the village. The possibilities are endless.

Most of your objectives are based around doing certain things to improve Outpost, since you want to find out why your SHIFTING and how to control it exactly. You will ALWAYS SHIFT back to Outpost every 5 SHIFTs. However, the Outpost is barely running and you will have to make sure it stays hospitable till you figure out how to control where and when you SHIFT permanently. Hospitality can be monitored in Outpost granted you have power. Now, here is where the penalty for dead makes the biggest impact. If you die, your SHIFT cycle continues, till your back at Outpost where your sort of, "reassembled", the amount of time it takes varies on how badly your body has been damaged. In this time Outpost will continue to degrade and Hospitality will lower. Once Outpost becomes Inhospitable you enter a sort of cycle which, you begin to die every time you return to Outpost (unless you happen to have certain life-preserving items) and since when you die you automatically return to Outpost... well you can see the problem. Another aspect of Outpost is that it under goes the same laws of other dimensions, albeit on a much smaller and less altering scale. Like the seed on the destroyed world, you can drop a seed in an area of Outpost and it may catch and grow. However, a mighty tree in the middle of an area like a medical bay wouldn't exactly be conductive now would it? You can also bring back certain enemies with you and have to deal with them before they break something important to Hospitality.

The key thing about this game, is that there WILL be a point where you Win. However, this isnt determined by the game, rather its determined by you. Your main goal in the game is to control your ability to SHIFT, which will take a LONG time. However, once it happens your essentially able to do whatever the hell you want, and then it becomes apparent that each dimension is much deeper then you thought, each has its own way of working, some have life, some dont. Some are quite welcoming, others are VERY hostile. But, your actually able to change this in a indirect way. Remember how I told you about the village? What if you believe that no one man should have all that power? You think that the Warlord race should fall, once you can control how long you can stay, you can do things like lead a rebellion, bring weapons from another dimension to that one, wage a war. Maybe that's your idea of winning, maybe its when you have every weapon and item, maybe its after you've eliminated all life in reality. You decide when you've won.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, here's how my idea would go:

Character Creation:

To start with, you wouldn't create your character, the game would take a picture of you and then deform your face to the point of having nearly no similarities at all (yeah, recall something like that?), it'd pretty much be a caricature of yourself. You'd also be required to input your job, favourite colour and favourite food (each out of a list the game would provide you with).

Genre:

The game genre would be an RPG with skill trees, however you wouldn't allocate skill points, rather, they'd be automatically allocated depending on your choices during the game. The combat would vary depending on the locations, for some it'd be turn based while for other it'd be an action rpg (for example, if you were fighting in a bridge, it'd be turn based, since both you and your enemy would have to be careful with your steps, while if you were in the street or somewhere safe, you wouldn't have to worry as much).

Skill Tree:
yc7NsL8.png

Each of these skills would increase or decrease automatically, depending on your game choices, here's how they'd work out:

Hunger - If you don't eat often, your hunger increase, when you do eat though, it decreases (if you don't eat anything at all, you'd eventually get a game over).

Boredness - If you don't do anything in the game, just wander around aimlessly exploring things, your boredness increases, however if you venture into an actual quest or fights, it decreases.

Coolness - Wasting money on useless clothing, accessories and weapons, increase your coolness, if you only buy strong weapons and clothes, despite them being ugly, well... Your coolness decreases.

Cowardice - This one is quite obvious, running away, avoiding enemies, going through safer, although longer paths and things like that, increase your cowardice, however being brave and never running away, decreases it.

Rudeness - Sometimes during the game you'll have annoying NPC's or objects that apparently just want to screw with you or annoy you... At those times you'll have the choice to insult them and be a jerk, if you prefer to remain polite during those times, it'll decrease.

The point would be for people to try and equilibrate everything, a lot of something could be dangerous like in real life, just like a lot of nothing would.

Personality:

Remember the choices where you had to input your favourite colour, job and food?
Well, those affect your personality among some other things, for example:

If you were a clerk, you'd be bored more often;
If you were a sportsman of sorts, your coolness would increase;
If you were a beggar, your hunger would increase;

Among others, jobs would give you some constant perks and cons, the only jobs that would have no perks or cons whatsoever, would be students, teachers among similar jobs.

The colour would affect your personality in a similar manner to the jobs, if you bought a weapon or clothes that have your favourite colour on it, it'll increase your coolness.

As for food, your favourite food will fill more your stomach, so your favourite food would be the food that'd decrease your hunger the most... It'd be useful if your character was nearly starving to death, whereas normal food wouldn't be very helpful.

Story:

Here's where the tricky part comes, there isn't much of a story to begin with, the basic setting would be that the planet where your character lives, was being visited by a large technologically advanced civilisation of Eggs, alien eggs. Your character nonchalantly sees a baby alien egg and thinking it was a normal egg, makes an omelette or scrambled eggs (you choose which one), with it. By doing that you unknowingly become Universe's number one enemy, and pretty much everyone will be trying to kill you... Be it for money, fun or revenge.

Depending on your choices during the game the story setting will eventually change, you could become your planet's hero by expelling the aliens, you could destroy the entire planet, you could join up with the aliens, you could run away to the underground or you could simply apologise to begin with (and the game would end with you being arrested and taken to court by the aliens).

Well, I might add some things later on... Dunno... While this is one game I'd like to make myself, a lot of people wouldn't understand it at all. xP

Sumasuun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow there's a lot of game ideas here..
I'm way too tired to read them all, hopefully no one did this before. >.<;
I tried Googling but I guess I don't know the right words and well.. I didn't find anything like this. I'm sure someone else will after I post it though. >.<;

This is an idea my friend and I were working on..

Working Title:
Encyclopedia of Errors

Concept:
A game filled with 'bugs' and 'glitches' and 'errors.' You are to abuse and take advantage of them as much as possible and try to find them all.

Gameplay:
Simulation/RPG/Platformer/FPS

Short Summary (things in parenthesis means in real life not in the simulation game:
It is a simulation game where you have to carry out and live a normal live, take care of bills, eat, sleep, survive.
Your job? Game tester. You work for a company and get sent games (probably additional ones done as DLCs) of different genres. You are to play through and win the games and find bugs and glitches (purposely put into the game; common ones like walls you can jump into, games crashing, events repeating, rewards granting multiple times, plot elements mixed up in order, etc).

Note:
It would be a really evil way to get people to play test games for free in alpha stages.

I think that covers everything... I may add more if I remember more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: