You are subscribed to this thread 4.2J full brick after downgrade to 4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by iykyu, Nov 25, 2009.

1. iykyu
    OP

Newcomer iykyu Newbie

Hong Kong
    My Wii is the very first generation of Jap console, WiiKey installed on dvd rom

After (carelessly) upgrading to 4.2J, cross region disc loading is gone, that prompts me to downgrade to 4.1J

I installed 4.1 IOS60 and 4.1J System Menu (reading from somewhere that this is all I need to downgrade), I then get a fully bricked Wii, but I do not have nand backup before doing the downgrade

I then tried to reinstall 4.2 IOS 60 stub, IOS 70, 4.2J System Menu, hoping I can get it back to 4.2J, but no luck, still black screen

I still have bootmi/boot2v4, and I can still run wad manager 1.5

At the moment, I have to use Wad Manager 1.5 Mod3 because Wiimote is not longer syncing, and I need a Wad Manager that can use GC controller.

During my downgrade and re-upgrade, I was loading IOS249 as the basis in wad manager

Questions...
    1) Is there a procedure of cleaning the nand and rebuilding the whole thing from scratch? Like installing the full set of IOS in a certain order to bring my Wii back to factory settings? If so, is there a guide anywhere? One for bricked Wii rather than a functioning Wii.

2) Or my only option is to use my key.bin and someone else nand.bin to completely reflash my nand? I am not sure where to find such an old compatible nand, especially it is Jap version. I dumped my key.bin and nand.bin AFTER the brick, I suppose key.bin is still valid and my nand is messed up.

Thank you very much for any help. I really regret not reading enough, i.e. backup nand first before doing anything...

Thanks very much in advance!

2. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    ...But I'm not subscribed to this thread...;_;

3. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Do you have made a Nand backup? You could restore it and all would be fine.

4. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    sounds like you removed your setting.txt by uninstalling the system menu, that can cause your wii to black screen and wiimotes not to sync, try using setting replace tool to replace your setting.txt then install your system menu and it's IOS without removing them just install over them.
    hope this helps
    get setting replace tool
    from here

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Setting_Replace_Mod

5. iykyu
    OP

Newcomer iykyu Newbie

Hong Kong
    Many thanks! This indeed bring my Wii back to life, but eveything changes to English and my settings channel errors out (opera error), is there a JAP settings.txt I can find?

Thanks again!

6. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    Unless someone uploads one for you, cause i dont know were to find to a jp setting.txt, now that your wii is unbricked you could use Any region changer to change your settings back to JP
    just don't run the downgrader from Any Region Changer just change your settings back to JP and all should be fixed

7. thiefstar

Newcomer thiefstar Member

Japan
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wkzznzqu05n

I think this can not help you, but you can try it
    You need to cboot2 v16. If you have installed bootmii as boot2
    If you do not install. Then you need to infectus

good luck

8. thiefstar

Newcomer thiefstar Member

Japan

OK, I did not look at your post

It can help you

9. iykyu
    OP

Newcomer iykyu Newbie

Hong Kong
    Thank you so much for Jap setting.txt, thanks!

Posts merged

Thank you so much for Jap setting.txt, thanks!