Yoshi's Island 3DS Announced!

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
I became interested in Yoshi's Island through speedruns and I'd put fast paced deep mechanics above anything else and it really doesn't look that bad to me. Game trailers always play slower than you normally would during normal gameplay and you're used to watching speedruns. Also, where'd you see static egg throwing?
In the trailer? Every time they throw an egg they stand completely still. And the issue is that they probably don't think deeper than what the gameplay is like the trailer. It's quite possible they'll do away with a lot of little features and quirks that made yoshi's island so fluid because they don't care about anyone beyond the casual audience.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the trailer? Every time they throw an egg they stand completely still. And the issue is that they probably don't think deeper than what the gameplay is like the trailer. It's quite possible they'll do away with a lot of little features and quirks that made yoshi's island so fluid because they don't care about anyone beyond the casual audience.

I kinda see what you mean, Nintendo janked up the mechanics in MK Wii and Brawl and they both lost the same kind of fluidity their predecessors had, but I'd still hate to be so skeptical so soon for a series I really like.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm really stoked for a new Yoshi's Island game and all; I still think the original is a contender for the title of best platformer of all time and i actually enjoyed the DS sequel. However I really really don't like this Yoshi's Story-esque artstyle.

I'll still be playing it cause I can't resist though

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope this turns out nice!

But I truly can't stress enough how colossal of a feat it will be to create a true successor to the masterful Yoshi's Island. :D

We're talking about a game that is revered as literally one of the greatest in existence. To many, it emanates an incomparably distinct charm that hasn't been replicated since, even after two attempts. Considering the games legacy, I can't imagine what could possibly live up to a game as inherently rose-tinted as Yoshi's Island! For many, nothing short of a complete and utter love letter to fans will do.

Or maybe I'm just being silly. :P All I know is that if Nintendo's plan for this game is to get by largely on soulless repetition and mimicry (the New Super Mario Bros. series comes to mind!), I'll be a little disappointed. :(

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe I'm just being silly. :P All I know is that if Nintendo's plan for this game is to get by largely on soulless repetition and mimicry (the New Super Mario Bros. series comes to mind!), I'll be a little disappointed. :(
Eh, I think New Super Mario Bros (DS) was good. The Wii version seems more like a fan-made game would in concept with the new powerups, though the design is obviously modern Nintendo (detailed environments on the map, attention to detail).

One of the biggest concerns with remaking older games is the physics. Sonic fans know this all too well, what with many of the modern games being too floaty and not having enough friction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1