Yoshi's Crafted World release date revealed

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2018
    Canada
    Yes, you had to defeat the bosses without taking a hit – but at any other point in the game, you could use one of the Star power-ups from the Pause menu; they were easy to stockpile. And if you wanted an extra challenge, you could decide not to use them.

Now, Yoshi's Island DS – that was bullsh!t. It was like they were trying to duplicate the original Yoshi's Island, and it maybe had a couple of good ideas, but generally it was like they failed to grasp any concept of "fun". (I read a lot of criticism about moving in the gap between the top and bottom screens, but that was the very least of its problems.)

I started playing Yoshi's New Island and it seemed like more of the same. The original Yoshi's Island might have been a collect-a-thon, but it was a well-designed collect-a-thon with things in logical places, where you didn't necessarily have to scour every inch of the level a dozen times to find all the hidden whatsits. I mean, you could even find the red coins if you just looked closely enough – or use another powerup to reveal them completely.

Last edited by Kwyjor, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    On-rails shooter? You must have mistaken Panzer Dragoon to have Yoshi, there being dragons flying dinos and all.

3. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2018
    Canada
    That would be Yoshi's Safari, which required the Super Scope 6. Odd that it hasn't gotten a re-release; it would work fine with a touch screen or Wiimote, I would think.

4. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 20, 2008
    Italy
    On the 3ds they could even add gyro controls. They'd just have to add the game to the snes vc and add superscope functionality for either/both touch screen or gyro (even if that boss in that video looks like hell using gyro controls)