Hacking Yoshi Wooly Word USA Version 5.3.2?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I thought I read somewhere that you can look on the inner ring of the disc and it tells the game ID, region, and update or something? I may be wrong.
nope thats only for revisions, there is a code on the box to say what revision of he game it is, so then if you already know what FW's come with each revision you can know what update is on the disk....but that doesnt apply in this case, we still need to find out what FW is on the disk i would say its a toss up between 5.3.2 and 5.4.......im betting 5.4 personally as it was released later than mario maker which came with 5.4....but ofc thats not a guarantee of anything

Reactions: fiveighteen

nickunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to find out which firmware version is required without launching the game? I bought the game and don't want to launch it if the console auto-update automatically. I've read that the EU version was at 5.3.2 and I assumed the US version was the same. I also confirm that nothing regarding the firmware is written on the inner ring sadly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is there a way to find out which firmware version is required without launching the game? I bought the game and don't want to launch it if the console auto-update automatically. I've read that the EU version was at 5.3.2 and I assumed the US version was the same. I also confirm that nothing regarding the firmware is written on the inner ring sadly.
what FW are you on?, if you already on 5.3.2 then any prompt to update means its 5.4+ on the disk.....unless you have the spoof applied, then it would probably boot anyway

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Changes are high it has 5.4.0, as Super Mario Maker was already 5.4.0 and that was released about a month ago.
It could even be 5.5.0.
There is no way to tell what update is on a disc without a dump or trying it on a 5.3.2/5.4.0 and sees if it offers an update.

Reactions: Deleted User

nickunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 5.3.2 right now and I haven't used any exploit or spoof yet. I bought my Wii U last week when I heard about the exploit and I'm waiting on sd card to arrive to do so. Is there any risk with launching the game while still on 5.3.2 or I can abort the update if prompted when I launch the game if it really required FW 5.4.0 or 5.5.0?

Last edited by nickunk,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm on 5.3.2 right now and I haven't used any exploit or spoof yet. I bought my Wii U last week when I heard about the exploit and I'm waiting on sd card to arrive to do so. Is there any risk with launching the game while still on 5.3.2 or I can abort the update if prompted when I launch the game if the game really required FW 5.4.0?
if it has 5.4+ on the disk the game will show up as a update icon and prompt you to update if you go to launch it

Antonio Ricardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yoshi Wooly World in Europe was released near Splatoon release but if YWW was release in North America like Europe affect Yoshi Wooly World Sales.
Could be too there is no a big release in October, so more chance to sold more YWW.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Alright, thank you for the information. I've just launch the game and everything went well! The game only require 5.3.2 just like the EU version.
I believe it to be 5.4 or higher. I tried the disk on my second Wii U and it asked me to update. I have no wifi on that machine and it is on 5.32.
hmmm conflicting reports:huh:....maybe there is already a revision if they made them in 2 batches or something, guess US YWW isn't a safe game to use for updating until we find out more.....IIRC the back of the box will have a code on, generally a second pressing will have B and first run will be A, might also explain the delay

Last edited by gamesquest1,

nickunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm conflicting reports:huh:....maybe there is already a revision if they made them in 2 batches or something, guess US YWW isn't a safe game to use for updating until we find out more.....IIRC the back of the box will have a code on, generally a second pressing will have B and first run will be A, might also explain the delay

You might be right and I guess I got lucky with my game. I'm from Canada so maybe we have have a different batch from you guys but I highly doubt it.

Here's the number on the back of my box : WUP P AYCE USZ 101997A
There's also some code on the outer edge of the disk : WUP-P-AYCE-USA-0 MODEL NO.WUP-006 (USA)

If someone with the game requiring an update show the code on his box, we might be able to figure if there's multiple batches and which one is safe for us. Hope this can help some people!

Antonio Ricardo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found something interesting: WUP P AYCE USZ 101216A is different from @nickunk
I think that exists 2 USA versions: one with 5.3.2(WUP P AYCE USZ 101997A) and one with 5.4.0/5.5.0 (WUP PAYCE USZ 101216A).

dmqqfl.jpg

http://forum.jogos.uol.com.br/pesso...rder-do-yoshis-woolly-world-_t_3568421?page=5

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16