Yooka-Laylee Gets Nintendo Switch Release Date

YookaSwitch.jpg

Backers rejoice! Almost seven months after other systems, Playtonic's crowd funded collect-a-thon Yooka-Laylee finally drops for Nintendo Switch on the 14th of December. It comes boasting polish and optimisation for play on the go, as well as support for playing with a single Joy-Con across each of its eight multiplayer minigames for an optimal fun to budget ratio. This release is exclusively digital, with plans for a Switch physical edition unknown at this time.

Will you be picking this up when it launches?

:arrow: Source

Update:
The price has been revealed to be £34.99 on the UK eShop, in line with the retail price on Steam.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by Scarlet, , Reason: Added UK Price

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's exciting and all, but after Odyssey does anyone really care about this anymore? Pre odyssey I had seen some hype for this, but now that hype seems to have died down. I already played this on the PS4 anyways a while back, so I won't be getting it.
Having backed it when it was originally going, it just feels like a free game at this point to me lol. I'm not sure I'd go out of my way to buy it.

Reactions: rileysrjay

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took 7 months extra polish/porting time, so there's bound to be a bit of an extra price tag to it. That and cartridges are slightly more expensive to produce than disc. I'll probably ask for it for christmas or some such thing.

Reactions: damiano2712

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It took 7 months extra polish/porting time, so there's bound to be a bit of an extra price tag to it. That and cartridges are slightly more expensive to produce than disc. I'll probably ask for it for christmas or some such thing.
Ah, I'm fairly sure the initial release will be exclusively digital, with the possibility of a physical release not being impossible in future. I should add that to the main post...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
srs only digital? screw them im gonna get the ps4 version i wait 7 months for a digital only game? ffs im sad.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not worth it anyway - they said they wanted to capture good ol bk feeling - but they failed as they were smite to the ground
I thought the issue was they captured it too well, including all the monotonous things people tend to overlook in the name of nostalgia? I say this as somebody yet to play the game however, so it may just be hearsay.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I will buy this if/when it gets a physical release. I already own it on PC but haven't really gotten into it and figured having it on a real console might be more nostalgic and get me into the game more, plus it being portable is a plus.
I was really hoping for a physical release though, as I hate going digital on consoles, especially Nintendo ones, and space is always a concern when I don't have lots of HDD space to work with.
Seems like a waste to get two digital releases of the same game (Steam and eShop), I can't really justify that to myself, but I would really like to have a physical release of the game.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for Playtonic, there is no way that this does well on the Switch now. It released to middling reviews, and was delayed for its Switch release pretty badly to the point where its now coming out well over a month after Mario Odyssey for the same system. I mean I wish them luck, and hope it does do well, but should it not, I hope they don't give up on the system because they think there is no demand for their games on the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...