Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just finish to download the game on pastebin, so data.psarc? what is that?
psarc is just an archive (i'm guessing the ps is playstation) - although maybe the ps stands for something else.
but yeah, regardless of seeing the name, you can assume the biggest file is the one with all the game resources in it ;)

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is unusable I guess eboot should no be decrypted
Question, have you tested it? Or are you just repeating what people on Reddit are saying?

The pastebin with the links on it claims that the game is decrypted; it does not mention whether the eboot is also decrypted or not. No one up until now has tested the game. So let's just wait until someone does before we jump into conclusions.

CoreMessageInspector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
.psarc is an archive format used in PS Vita (and PS3?) games. There are tools to extract psarc files, but they're found in the Vita SDK.
you can extract psarc with total commander and the psarc plugin, i extracted it now and there are voice, se , bgm, asset folders and lot of .pkg files
gonna repack it to .vpk and will see what happens

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's up guys :)
ToCS Test .vpk (i don't tested it, maybe it is installable but i think not now?)
-Link to Game-
Fairly sure linking that counts as warez? Anyway, I'd advise against it. Everything there is copyrighted material as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1