Yifan Lu Announces HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60.

Earlier today, Yifan Lu, a well-known member of the Vita hacking scene famous for the Rejuvenate hack for the Dev Assistants, has announced that a new (native!) Vita homebrew enabler for the latest firmware version, as of writing (3.60), will be arriving tomorrow at "9:00AM UTC".

The new hack, known as "HENKaku", will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection**
**Offline support is now available! Launch the exploit straight from the email app without the need for internet access at all! See the unofficial release thread for more details. (Internet connection still required for installation)

This is a small paragraph of Yifan Lu himself explaining what the properties of this new homebrew enabler does:

HENkaku simply lets you install homebrew as bubbles in LiveArea. It is a native hack that disables the filesystem sandbox. It installs molecularShell, a fork of VitaShell that lets you access the memory card over FTP and install homebrew packages (which we create as VPK files). With vita-toolchain, developers have access to the same system features licensed developers have access to as well as undocumented features that licensed developers cannot use (including overclocking the processors).

The hack has been released at http://henkaku.me ~ Furthermore, the hack is said to be exclusive to 3.60, and there is to be no backports for the time being.

:arrow: Source: http://yifan.lu/2016/07/28/henkaku-vita-homebrew-for-everyone/

Last edited by , , Reason: Added info about offline installation.
A

a9lh-1user

OP
Okay on my NEW PSVita it got's 3 errors and than it worked.
On my OLD PSVita it got's 5 errors and than it worked!
I'am happy right now because now we dont need ANY WiFi access anymore for it ;)
NICE!

D

Deleted User

OP
Same here; 0 errors at all when trying out offline installation for the first time. :)
Very hit-and-miss thing, I suppose...

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Really appreciate it if anyone can help as I must be doing/not doing something stupid! I have henkaku installed and winscp on my pc. When I run henkaku I get the VitaShell 0.7 page with all the different folders. How do I connect this to winscp to transfer files? Where do I find the correct host name and port number?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Really appreciate it if anyone can help as I must be doing/not doing something stupid! I have henkaku installed and winscp on my pc. When I run henkaku I get the VitaShell 0.7 page with all the different folders. How do I connect this to winscp to transfer files? Where do I find the correct host name and port number?

Press select.

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Still having problems though. I pressed select and get an ftp address but still can't connect. Do you know what the correct port number is?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Still having problems though. I pressed select and get an ftp address but still can't connect. Do you know what the correct port number is?
You get something like
ftp://192.168.1.1:1337
The address is 192.168.1.1
The port is 1337

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RitchieRitchie

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game must be not decrypted
So first the game should be decrypted and then suddenly not?
I think the eboot should be decrypted, but it probably isn't and that's why it isn't working.
Otherwise we could just copy gamecards via Vitashell and load it in any Vita we want? Without having to use those decryption tricks from here: http://pastebin.com/pz9FbTet

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by CloudStrife1901,
Reactions: thaikhoa

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use QCMA on a PC or laptop, connect via that once done pull the USB cable out of the computer and then connect via USB on you're ps3, if errors pop up on the vita don't press anything

Also make sure you're psvita is set on airplane mode
Everytime I try to connect, following each instruction very carefully, it tells me that the vita "Could not connect to the PC.".
Wat do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone