Hacking Yet another M3DS problem...

pandaexplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been looking around on this forum for ages, but Ive only just taken the initiative to register.
I just got a new M3DS rumble pack, which came with a 4GB miniSD card. Pretty standard. I have an original DS, as it came out first (pre ordered before they were out ^^)
My friend helped me out, he ordered the rumble pack for me and put on some games,and I got it a few days ago. as I put the stuff (sorry about my great technical language
wink.gif
) into the DS slot, it didnt work, it just said there was nothing in the DS slot, but, I took the SD card out and blew on it and did the same to the M3DS card, and after a couple of goes, it worked fine.
I decided a couple of days ago that I wanted to put a few more games on, so, as I had the space, I got the files for a couple of final fantasy games, and successfully put them onto the SD card, no problems. But now, when I put the M3DS into my DS with the SD card inside, It still says it has no DS card inside it, and I have blown on it and done anything I can think of to sort it out, but it just isnt working. I think it must be the M3DS, because my computer reads the mini SD.
What checks can I do on the M3DS to fix it/check if it was broken? I dont particularly want to buy another one.
Please help

tl;dr, my m3ds card isnt being picked up, after previously working, what can I do to fix it?

redeyez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which M3 DS you have (Real or Simply), but I have a few M3 Real's.

I had one work for a while, but then it stopped working (or it would work..barely)
When I tried the Micro SD in my computer, it showed up fine...
I tried a different M3 Real (and a CycloDS) and they both failed.
So it had to be the Micro SD. I switched the Micro SD out and it's worked perfect since.

tl;dr: try a different Micro SD.

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this would help since we have different flashcarts but my M3 Simply requires some files specifically for the flashcart to use in order to boot up. If all the memory card has it games, that may be why.

If the M3 Real works differently, then I cant help you... =c

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
RumblePak.jpg

do you have the rumble pack inserted into the ds? if yes, take it out and restart the ds with the m3 (slot-1) card in it.
mine stop working when i start my ds with the rumble packs inserted in the ds

or
try a different microsd cards than the one you are currently using (sandisk are the best)

pandaexplosion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys, you helped, I used the paper shim trick, which didnt work, but i squeezed (quite hard) around the edges and it suddenly started working, so it must have been a connection error. Its fizzled out a few times but at least I can fix it now.
just for the record, it was the M3DS that is exactly the same as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68277

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back