Ounou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi!
I've been doing some searching around but have yet to find a solution to my problem...
The problem being, that when i turn on my Wii, it just shows a black screen - by what i've read and understood, this is a low level brick (Branch D brick according to SaveMii's site).

What happened was that when my little sister held her birthday party, she and her friends forced a disc into the slot when the Wii was turned off and there was another disc inside... kids :/

anyways, my question would be: is there any way to repair the wii?

i'm guessing it's the dvd drive that's broken (now why am i guessing that? :/ ) and that's causing some trouble inside the wii...
problem is, the wii was bought from the USA while our dad was there on a trip and we live in Europe, so it's a real pain to send it in for warranty...

any help would be highly appreciated
smile.gif

Thanks!

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same things happened to me and I think i'm going to send it in. I've been doing a lot of research on low-level bricks and it seems the only way to fix them is to get an new bluetooth module (if your wii won't turn on by wii remote) or have boot mii installed beforehand. My wii will turn on by wii remote but i didn't have bootmii installed so I am pretty much screwed. Good luck with fixing it though.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
You could send it in or buy a new drive, or you could try to dissect the disc from the Wii.

My friends little brother stuck a pebble, and an SD card in the Wii Disc Drive last year, him and his step dad opened it up though, got the pebble and the SD card out and it works fine.

Ounou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well the thing is, the cd ejecting and all that works...
i turn the wii on, the power button shows a green light, it takes in cd's and ejects them, but only shows a black screen on the tv and the wii won't let itself be restarted or turned off from the power button (light stays green)...
i'm not sure how they got the two cd's out in the first place since i wasn't there when it happened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU