Hacking Yesterday I bricked a r4 sdhc 2013

  • Thread starter Thread starter JazzCat.CL
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,631
  • Replies Replies 15

JazzCat.CL

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2012
Messages
206
Reaction score
31
Trophies
1
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
566
Country
Chile
Hi, how the title says yesterday I bricked my r4 trying to use Ysmenu, probably the reason why this failed was because the r4 is a clone. Now when I insert it to the console no icon is showing and is not beign detected. Is there something I can to do unbrick it? Please help :(
 
Yes, you would need the said flashcard nds firmware update
EDIT: Is this your card?, If yes do you have any other ways of running .nds on your console?
tarjeta-r4-sdhc-dual-core-2013_mlm-o-4235647299_042013-jpg.3241
 
Last edited by Aquadraws,
Not to hijack this thread but ive also got a bricked R4 that i would like to be able to recover. It's a R4 SDHC RTS LITE 2014 most probably a clone.

dxe0k67.jpg
 
Last edited by shano,
Not to hijack this thread but ive also got a bricked R4 that i would like to be able to recover. It's a R4 SDHC RTS LITE 2014 most probably a clone.
Don't hijack anything because the file to update (attached as @ am714) is the same for both flashcards.
Is yours also briched by trying to start ysmenu?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I use the same kernel? or a different one?
The flashcard for now is locked and you can't start the update from there, you can insert the flashcard even without micro sd with the files.

NB: I think @am714 meant to start the update file from HBMenu, but wait for him to confirm this.
 
Last edited by robyspy,
Don't hijack anything because the file to update (attached as @ am714) is the same for both flashcards.
Is yours also briched by trying to start ysmenu?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------


The flashcard for now is locked and you can't start the update from there, you can insert the flashcard even without micro sd with the files.

NB: I think @am714 meant to start the update file from Hiya, but wait for him to confirm this.
I just tried it with hiya but it gets stucked at Erasing devince
 
Don't hijack anything because the file to update (attached as @ am714) is the same for both flashcards.
Is yours also briched by trying to start ysmenu?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------


The flashcard for now is locked and you can't start the update from there, you can insert the flashcard even without micro sd with the files.

NB: I think @am714 meant to start the update file from Hiya, but wait for him to confirm this.
I bricked it by using a wrong kernel or something like that. I will give it a try.
 
To try this, you have to start that file from another flashcard, then remove this flashcard, insert the locked flashcard and start the update procedure.
Wait for it to complete the update.
good luck
 
Last edited by robyspy,
To try this, you have to start that file from another flashcard, then remove this flashcard, insert the locked flashcard and start the update procedure.
Wait for it to complete the update.
good luck

That only works for NDSs not newer consoles
I just tried it with hiya but it gets stucked at Erasing devince
Try running the file from hbmenu else you will need to buy a nds lite

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I use the same kernel? or a different one?
Use the card official kernel please...
 
Last edited by Aquadraws,
Completes fine on a DSi but the card doesnt get picked up by the system on rebbot. I then try DS Lite with hot swap but that gets stuck on erasing.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted