OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:
It give me the black screen when I load the save

So you're on the latest M3 firmware, with the fixed ARM7 file, and XXLANCEXX's patch?
BTW, the M3 version of the patch is supposed to include the ARM7 fixed file for M3. I dunno why it's still freezing
unsure.gif

Can someone quickly load up my (YayMii) patch and check what the line is that causes TMs and HMs to freeze on XXLanceXX's patch?
This will help me track down the problematic line of text. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Lance's, the text trainers say when they spot you will automatically keep going regardless if you press A or not

DDD13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:

So you're on the latest M3 firmware, with the fixed ARM7 file, and XXLANCEXX's patch?
BTW, the M3 version of the patch is supposed to include the ARM7 fixed file for M3. I dunno why it's still freezing
unsure.gif
Was I said before I think its because the rom size be 121 mb and it shoul be 128 mb, can you make a XXLANCEXX's patch that creates a 128 mb patched rom?

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
DDD13 said:
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:

Yes

Try taking the clean ROM, I used the Xenophobia dump. Then un-pack it, and re-pack it with the fixed ARM7 file. Then patch it with XXLANCEXX's AP patch.

Hopefully that will work
smile.gif

DDD13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:

Yes

Try taking the clean ROM, I used the Xenophobia dump. Then un-pack it, and re-pack it with the fixed ARM7 file. Then patch it with XXLANCEXX's AP patch.

Hopefully that will work
smile.gif

I Already tried that, but when I apply the patch after un-packk, anr re-pack it with the fixed ARM7 and then go apply the tranlation patch it creates a nds file with 0 mb.

But thanks for the help anyway
smile.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DDD13 said:
YayMii said:
Fluganox said:
DDD13 said:

unsure.gif
Was I said before I think its because the rom size be 121 mb and it shoul be 128 mb, can you make a XXLANCEXX's patch that creates a 128 mb patched rom?
That has nothing to do with it. The size difference is because many of the Engrish lines are shorter than their Japanese counterparts, and because the game has about 5-6 MB of padding data (which isn't needed). And even if it did have something to do with it, then trimmed ROMs would never work.

But please, someone open my patch and tell me the lines that show when it crashes in XXLANCEXX's patch.

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
DDD13 said:
Fluganox said:

Hopefully that will work
smile.gif

I Already tried that, but when I apply the patch after un-packk, anr re-pack it with the fixed ARM7 and then go apply the tranlation patch it creates a nds file with 0 mb.

But thanks for the help anyway
smile.gif
Apply the patch first then, then fix the ARM7. sorry for giving you all these half-arsed instructions by the way
frown.gif

@Yaymii: This is picking up Waterfall, on XXLANCEXX's Patch, its just a blank box and then freezes :/
DSC00090.jpg

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you pick up a TM on lance's patch the box that usually says "X picked up TM Y" it just remains blanks and gets stuck so you have to resart the game

Also this

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
Shadownhero said:
When you pick up a TM on lance's patch the box that usually says "X picked up TM Y" it just remains blanks and gets stuck so you have to resart the game

Also this

Bang on.

And haha, I saw this too and took a picture, it made me cry with laughter
biggrin.gif

There's another where the Bicycle Shop guy says "I'm sad face", and one of the trainers says "Tsch - holy shit!" after you beat them
tongue.gif

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I should censor a few lines then.
EDIT: 738 places where "Shit" appears, and 4 places where "F**k" appears, 2 places where "Bitch" appears, 7 places where "Masturbation" appears.
EDIT: Most of the "Shit" things appear due to Romanized Japanese such as "Shite" or "Shitsu". But there's 25 places where "Shit" appears, one of them being "Bullshit".

Is the "pick up HM" line translated in WataruKun's patch? I'm looking at his script, and it's easy to find lines I haven't translated yet using that.

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So yaymii, or anyone really. Sorry to sound so noob but ive got a bit lost following this thread. Are these current fixes you are working on, mainly referencing your last post about fixing different lines for SS or HG and also, where would i download your latest fixes to work with m3i Zero? Again sorry for being such a noob, im not normally but it is 00:32 here and im watching never mind the buzzcocks which is also really distracting me
tongue.gif

meepage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS OFFTOPIC INFO THAT IS RATHER AWESOME IF YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10th Anniversary Mew is avaliable on HG/SS wifi mystery gift on the Jap version OFC, and it downloads just fine, or did for me using a old HG patched copy i have. Woot

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meepage said:
So yaymii, or anyone really. Sorry to sound so noob but ive got a bit lost following this thread. Are these current fixes you are working on, mainly referencing your last post about fixing different lines for SS or HG and also, where would i download your latest fixes to work with m3i Zero? Again sorry for being such a noob, im not normally but it is 00:32 here and im watching never mind the buzzcocks which is also really distracting me
tongue.gif
I'm still working on the M3 fix. Try the "M3" patch file that is included (which is only a partial fix).

QUOTE(Shabang21 @ Feb 3 2010, 05:33 PM) YayMii I think it may be translated in my xml. Shall I have a look for you?
Sure, it'd help a lot.

Shadownhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meepage said:
WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS OFFTOPIC INFO THAT IS RATHER AWESOME IF YOU DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10th Anniversary Mew is avaliable on HG/SS wifi mystery gift on the Jap version OFC, and it downloads just fine, or did for me using a old HG patched copy i have. Woot

Works with lance's patch for me! Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Also can we get a tm fix please? I hate having to save before I pick up a pokeball and having it turn up being a blank text box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to