Country
Turkey

jijisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
woot woot :toot: hell yeah finally a gentleman give us what we are wishing for long time ago thank you good sir for your wonderfull gift buta-han sama now we need the cutscenes sub eng though someone please anyone know how to port the cutscenes from the pc or ps4 version... :yayps3:

Reactions: Bytto and Mermadun

MetaNoir

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thank you, Batu-han
I can finally play this game.
I remember a post on Reddit of a man who was able to patch the game menu because he can change the eboot file. But he hasn't post nothing in 2 years

I can't post the link because I'm new, but the user is u/crowhort

This can be the Remaining part of the game, but since he went missing, we can't have all the game translate

But this is a big step for game like this and the others non-localized yakuza games being translated and able to play for the western audience

Again, thank you

Reactions: Mermadun

rocknard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you. Good to know if the translation is based on updated v1.09 ps4 or main base game (to see the correlation with ps3 update).

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Similiar to Kiwami, there is a substory in 0 which is not compatible with the patch. It does not lock up the game like kiwami, but it appears to be impossible to beat with the patch installed. A user on gamefaqs found a fix for it though:
brklsv said:
Solved. It was because of patch. I believe game checked my writen thing, and on eng it supposed to be "Subotenuhigeukiro" and on jpn it's "subotenuhigeukirokosemitemu" (すぼてぬひげうきろこせみてむ), but i had japanese keyboard, so i couldn't write it on eng.
Source: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/8...he-quotpassword-protectedquot-substory-on-ps3
A video of the substory in english:

I believe what the user on gamefaqs means he had to use the unpatched japanese game to pass the substory. He mentions not being able to use an english keyboard, but you can actually do that. You can switch between hiragana, katakana and romaji when you're asked to input the text, but if you try to enter the text from the english localisation it will not work. Inputting the japanese text will also fail, probably the game checks what you write and compares them with the game files, but because they have been modified it just doesn't work. If you watch the video from the official english version, kiryu just straight up answers with the solution when you input the text, when you do it in the japanese unpatched version, he spells every character out:

it is at 28 minutes mark
Long story short, if you wanna pass this substory you need to do the same thing from Kiwami: delete the installed data, let the game install and update again, input the password on the unpatched japanese version, save and patch the game again.

Reactions: Bytto and rocknard

Bytto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there! I could finally start playing Yakuza 0 cause of your amazing patch, Thanks a bunch!! But I'm having a issue that may cause a softlock on my Completion List, The issue being the substories not couting at all, Making the CP points for completing set number of substories not popping up, Friendship CP points works fine tho.

Since I've been playing the game from beginning with the patch, I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the patch or matters worse the game itself, I'll try to do substory 8 (Password Protected) which has a softlock by itself without the patch and complete it, And see if the substories counter works again.
Thanks for reading!

Bytto

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update: As I said I uninstalled the patch and already noticed that the substories that I did got marked as completed, So I completed a random substory in Sotenbori and the CP points popped up. I also noticed before this that the trophies for completing 10 and 40 substories was still locked even after doing another substory without the patch.

So in conclusion, if you want to do 100% (Perfectionist Trophy) without getting it softlocked finish the final substory without the patch and It should be fine. As for the substory trophies itself, I would assume only playing all the substories without the patch would do. Seems like I'll have to do that on my legend run :rolleyes:

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update: As I said I uninstalled the patch and already noticed that the substories that I did got marked as completed, So I completed a random substory in Sotenbori and the CP points popped up. I also noticed before this that the trophies for completing 10 and 40 substories was still locked even after doing another substory without the patch.

So in conclusion, if you want to do 100% (Perfectionist Trophy) without getting it softlocked finish the final substory without the patch and It should be fine. As for the substory trophies itself, I would assume only playing all the substories without the patch would do. Seems like I'll have to do that on my legend run :rolleyes:
That's interesting, thanks for reportint this
it seems these games get random glitches when the files get modified, even kiwami did something weird: when you apply the patch, tips dont popup, even the essential ones that are normally always displayed (ex: when yku beat the first boss, it doesn't tell you how to do kiwami moves)

Reactions: Bytto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.