Gaming XP Administrator Password Stupidness

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to repair my windows with my installation CD. When booting the CD and it takes me to recovery mode it asks for the administrator password. The thing is I'm pretty sure I never created a password. I've repaired my windows before like this but I don't remember having to give a password.

Please help. This is really pissing me off. I just want to repair my damn windows.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
May I introduce youto the good old "net user" command. Get help on that and it should solve your problem.

(Straight from the prompt)

The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]

sKeEt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I really didn't have a password. Now I'm confused.

I created a new admin password and input it into the cmd recovery mode when prompted but it did the same thing

how do I continue the repair when all it does is open the cmd prompt?

This is not how I repaired it before. I booted from cd at startup and it took me to the installation cd where i had the option of installing windows again or repairing it.

When I start my pc normally and load the cd it doesn't give me the option to repair.

And now when I boot from cd at startup it takes me to recovery mode where I hit R to repair input my password and i'm left with the command prompt

...:wtf: maybe I'm not supposed to hit R for repair. Silly me

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
juggernaut911 said:
May I introduce youto the good old "net user" command. Get help on that and it should solve your problem.

(Straight from the prompt)

The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]
username [/TIMES:{times | ALL}]
Ah, delicious net user. My only wish was that it had an option set PASSWORD NEVER EXPIRE. Argh. Did that change post-XP or with that Resource Kit for XP?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you didn't set up a password, then the password is " Admin " or " Administrator " I can't remember very well, but either one of those should work, I had the same problem.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
If you didn't set up a password, then the password is " Admin " or " Administrator " I can't remember very well, but either one of those should work, I had the same problem.
No it's not. If you didn't set a password then there is no password.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Richy Freeway said:
Arm73 said:
No it's not. If you didn't set a password then there is no password.

If you didn't set up a password, and XP says you did, it's either Admin or Administrator, that's from the XP instruction booklet.

Jesus_wu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try blank?
Or try to Login the default administrator account

Step 1: Start Windows PC
Step 2: When you can see the Windows login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it'll show Classic Login box
Step 3: Type Administrator as Username and leave the Password field blank
Step 4: Press the Enter Key and then you can be able to login the default windows administrator account which is it created by default when install windows.

Note: When you input the key combination Please don’t put the cursor on any account. And if you change the name or password before, you cannot login by this way.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happens when you use the wrong version of the recovery cd for the version of windows. For example, using an SP3 recovery CD for a SP1. If I remember correctly one way to solve the issue is to find a plain version of XP i.e. without any updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo