XorTroll working on USB HDD Feature

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Essasetic, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    It is not even possible to mount .XCI from a MicroSD, less for HDD.

2. 98otiss

98otiss irrelevant folfcoon

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    would be nice if this was built into pplay so you can watch media from hard drive

ELY_M likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Pplay, RetroArch and installers (Goldleaf) would benefit the most from this.

4. irNuu

irNuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2019
    Philippines
    I meant yes, for goldleaf. I SXOS and mounting from HDD is very useful since I have 1 TB SSD all games in XCI and I just mount it directly and play the game.

I was hoping for Goldleaf to be able to read from USBHDD's XCI even though it can't mount because I would need to switch to Atmopshere just to use Noexs to make cheats.

Basically, need to install games on Atmosphere to use Noexs and I have to copy from USBHDD while on SXOS then switch to Atmosphere to install the game in XCI then delete the XCI. :)

If I could simply install the XCI files while on Atmosphere then that fixes the 3 or 4 steps I do.

Last edited by irNuu, Nov 25, 2019
  5. Ghost92

Ghost92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2017
    Colombia
    emulating the .xci as if they were cartridges seems so simple. Another thing is that they say it is difficult or encourage piracy. Or in a few words nobody wants to get their hands dirty. But I still see "dirty" Homebrew a lot like backing up Cartridges and game package installers. At first I thought this would be true Loaders as they were the Wii (Wiiflow) but all that exists of Switch Homebrew is to avoid piracy.

6. Arnold101

Arnold101 GBAtemp Fan

May 19, 2006
    United States
    any news about hdd?

7. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    nope. think it was scrapped.

8. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    Is it for install from HDD or install in HDD as SDcard ?

9. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    to use the hd for storage and play. but might as well by sx for that cos nobodys up to this task clearly

Xyphoseos likes this.
  10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Don't think it's completely scrapped (would still make sense for RetroArch) but XorTroll has too many more important projects. I for myself would like have him make uLaunch better and better for now. :)

KiiWii likes this.
  11. jammybudga777

Aug 23, 2013
    Well I think it was said it needed a rewrite can't remember tbh. Would be nice to have but I do prefer the ulaunch progress more too

lordelan likes this.
  12. Arnold101

Arnold101 GBAtemp Fan

May 19, 2006
    United States
    i want to play form usb hdd first. like on sxos..

13. Graham182

Graham182 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2015
    Droichead Na Bandon, Cork, Ireland
    I think it would be ideal to have nsp/nsx stored on a hdd, and install to sd card when needed.

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It might seem simple, but the cartridge slot has its own firmware that runs on an ASIC that we can't dump. Without knowing how both sides of the code work, it becomes much harder. Also, most devs aren't willing to work on such a thing because it's only useful for piracy.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted