Sponsored XIDU announces its ‘Tour Pro’ laptop model sale and GBAtemp-exclusive coupon giveaways [Sponsored]

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 10, 2019.

Front-page Sponsored
    Up-and-coming Shenzhen-based company XIDU believes that by making computers more affordable and accessible to everybody, technology can improve their productivity both at work and in their personal life. To that end, the company is giving away special codes to GBAtemp's readers for the following products, including their latest model the XIDU Tour Pro:
    1. A $50 discount coupon off the new XIDU Tour Pro
    2. A $50 discount coupon off the XIDU PhilBook Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop
    3. A $30 site-wide discount coupon
    In order to get one of these, select your desired coupon (1, 2 or 3) and let us know in the comments below why you want that product! The best response will get the selected coupon! Comments posted after 23:59 GMT on Sunday 13th of October, 2019 will not be considered.

2.2. 2. 3. 6. 7. 12.5淘宝主图4.
    :arrow: XIDU Official Store
    :arrow: XIDU AliExpress Store

Hmed, DinohScene, Foxi4 and 2 others like this.
    Discussion (41 replies)
  1. SkittleDash

SkittleDash GBANep

GBAtemp Patron
    SkittleDash is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Planeptune
    Not entering but pointing out a typo... Poweful and portable. Pretty sure that's supposed to be powerful... lol

Hmed, HylianBran and MythicalData like this.
  2. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    why support china of all things after everything Xi is doing to demonstrators and Blizzard,NBA too? just my opinion

Pluupy, BastarB, Hmed and 7 others like this.
  3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    256GB Rom?

naughty_cat, swosho and Hmed like this.
  4. drazenm
    This message by drazenm has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Political bickering.
    Oct 10, 2019
  5. linuxares
    This message by linuxares has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Oct 10, 2019
  6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    as long as they dont actively censor or punish people expressing anti-china opinions or sentiments i dont see the harm, im pretty sure everyone here on gbatemp are currently using something made in china, i doubt anyone is going to the shops and saying "hmmmm nope i don't need that because it was made in china" (let face it, you would pretty much have to abandon any hopes of owning anything technical) its enough to just not bow to the demands for censorship, not to respond to censorship with more censorship

Anyways: let try keep things on topic, the laptops look pretty cool, hopefully the codes go to someone who will use them :) good luck interested parties

Last edited by gamesquest1, Oct 10, 2019
    swosho, GameSystem, Hmed and 3 others like this.
  7. Jhyrachy
    This message by Jhyrachy has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Oct 10, 2019
  8. drazenm
    This message by drazenm has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Oct 10, 2019
  9. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    You can't avoid china. Either you move on avoiding the companies with shitty practices or you stop using all electronics right now which surely no one wants.

Hmed likes this.
  10. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    This is just a company based in China, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're supporting the government's decisions.

11. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2016
    Madagascar
    Seems like anything China related, Blizzard will be also be heard. Now I would like to enter the giveaway, but :D even with the coupons, the devices are still expensive in my currency. Good luck (hopefully someone enters) to everyone.

12. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Like I said to @linuxares, If I had a bit more money to spare I would've insta bought the cheapest laptop they have with the coupons.
    Anything they have is way fucking better then what I currently have!

Hmed likes this.
  13. Torina
    This message by Torina has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Oct 10, 2019
  14. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    This giveaway has very bad timing, and it's just coupons as well. I guess there may be some who would still want them, there always is apparently. But before it's too late, I suggest everyone not to turn this into a political thread, it's on the front page and let's not make GBAtemp that.

MicmasH_W, Hmed, SpiffyJUNIOR and 2 others like this.
  15. CrAzYLiFe
    This message by CrAzYLiFe has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Oct 10, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Oct 10, 2019
  16. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    I'll take one... Might not have money right away but sure

17. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Sorry to be pessimist, but why do they give Gbatemp these coupons? I mean sure free advertisement is free advertisement, but do you really want to be intermingling with a site that's favorite pass time is hacking, or bickering about hacking. Emulation handhelds I can see being fine with this site, but Win10 Laptops? Is it just me? It's great that you guys got people who want to advertise, and I don't mean to downplay this, it's just, seems a lil weird. Is it just me?

Pluupy and SpiffyJUNIOR like this.
  18. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

GBAtemp Patron
    Skelletonike is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 26, 2008
    Portugal
    Steam City
    Do these coupons have an expiration date?
    I'm inclined towards the 2 in 1, since it's useful for work related things for me, but at the moment I really can't afford anything.

Nintendo seems to send review codes to the temp, the temp also has a presence in several gaming events. Most members of the forum don't do any hacking anyway.
    What's wrong with Window 10 laptops? Most people need to use windows, whether they like it or not.

Last edited by Skelletonike, Oct 10, 2019
    Chary and DeoNaught like this.
  19. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Emphasis on the word you used "favourite". This site's slogan was once something along the lines of "Underground Hacking Community" iirc, now it's "Independent Gaming Community". Laptops/PC's are closely related to that, so yeah. I don't see it as weird, at least since the news shift on the front page, it's not all about hacking now.

DeoNaught likes this.
  20. tigersaman

tigersaman Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2018
    Iran
    So how is a laptop with a celeron 1.8GHz processor pro ?

21. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Handle "heavy" games? With what CPU?
    And what good is ROM gonna be? Did they, by any chance, mean SSD hard drive space?

22. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2015
    United States
    With the amount of sway that the Chinese government has in its businesses, supporting Chinese businesses is effectively supporting the Chinese government. Increasing the market share of Chinese companies increases Chinese soft influence and the government knows this. Avoiding Chinese made products is basically impossible, but avoiding Chinese designed products is currently much easier. That doesn't mean that buying Chinese products means that you agree with their government, but it absolutely does bolster it. If economically interacting with the companies of a country didn't bolster it, then sanctions wouldn't exist. I'm sure there exist people who try to avoid doing business with US companies for similar reasons. They know that by doing business with them, they're indirectly aiding the U.S. government.

Last edited by ChaosEternal, Oct 10, 2019
  23. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Well I want the third coupon and just because I want to try something out of their store. Everyone deserves a chance .Not gonna put my foot on political or moral situations here.

24. crossholo

crossholo Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    Italy
    Well the 3rd coupon! really need a new mouse, the one I have has a broken wheel and I'm too broke to get a new one :cry:

25. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    The words "coupon" and "giveaway" must never exist in the same sentence.

Pluupy, GameSystem, Tony_93 and 2 others like this.