Hacking Xenogears not working

PiadasLituanas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
It freezes at the first battle right at the beginning. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do . The worst part is, I already fixed this once but then I deleted the game :(

Someone help... I'm using 6.60 PRO-C

and this was the eboot
*fobidden link*
though I've already tried multiple versions....

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Xenogears has one problem and that's pretty much hard-coded into it - the Deus battle is the problem area where he has a randomly executed half HP attack which freezes the game. It happens on just about everything except a Playstation.

I ripped my own discs with Alcohol 52% and made multiple attempts to see if this was a misapprehension but despite it only cropping up in one of five attempts it's definitely there. However, that doesn't help you...i'd suggest you try popsloader and select 3.71 pops

See
http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-getting-xenogears-to-work.326769/

and
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-installing-popsloader-v3-on-pro-b8-through-pro-c-cfw.301579/

PiadasLituanas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I just tried POPSLoader 3.71 and it crashed before even showing me the PSX logo. Looks like I'm even worse off now.

In the POPSLoader guide it says it doesn't work with PSP3000 4g to 9g

How do I know which 'g' my PSP is?

PiadasLituanas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Oh! Never mind. I just had to re-extract the seplugins folder again onto the root after installing POPSLoader.

Let's see, load using 3.71... is it working now?..................No, it still freezes at the first battle :(

Load using 3.40................................nope.

Gonna try other Xenogears eboots

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
facepalm.jpg...

I posted those topics for you to read, not to necrobump (well the Popsloader topic is probably ok but why post in someone else's Xenogears topics when you have your own?)

Xenogears is a massively over-rated game anyway...if you're intent on playing it i'd just suggest you pick it up from the US PSN. No popsloader required in that instance.

PiadasLituanas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I posted in it by accident...... sorry.

I got it working! I finally found the playable version that I downloaded before. It didn't even need POPSLoader or anything! It just worked! This time I have to make sure I don't delete it.

It looks like I can't post the link here, so anyone can feel free to PM me if they're having trouble with this too!

Thanks for the help:moogle:

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
This time I have to make sure I don't delete it.

You're perfectly entitled to when you realise that all the praise is not constituent with the game you are playing. Longest,most dull RPG i remember playing on the Playstation....but i digress...

PiadasLituanas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Have you ever played Dragon Warrior VII?

That one is the real long and dull PSX overlord

But, well, I like mecha. They would really need to botch it completely for me to not like it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-