biggrin.gif

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
common.pkb doesnt appear...it should already be there if you put it there.it just gets updated with the xls you added.i mean you have to have common and static inside the folder and they both get updated.zeforte made it easier basically.

the only error i ran into was it was missing darchD (it wont pack or unpack without this) because its not included and you can find this just by searching.

Sandylecuistot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello !
New to the forum. I'm here because I work on a Xenoblade translation myself.
Lots of people are telling me about this forum, and so I'm here !
But I'm more in the "translation" part, not the "hacking" part. I'm translating from japanese.
I already finished the game understanding everything. And I'm trying to write the translation down by now.

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
iamatmylimit said:
if we can find the story yes.....for now though we can only work on the menu since thats what we have.if you know anyone good at searching/decyphering things let them know about our cause....they hid the story pretty good.i have a feeling its like map.pkb where its 2 folders deep....map has dap files then inside of those its the bdat.....so maybe one of the files has an extra file and in this extra file is the bdat....

you should talk to the tales of graces team. They found all the story on the wii disc.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SectionX said:
iamatmylimit said:
if we can find the story yes.....for now though we can only work on the menu since thats what we have.if you know anyone good at searching/decyphering things let them know about our cause....they hid the story pretty good.i have a feeling its like map.pkb where its 2 folders deep....map has dap files then inside of those its the bdat.....so maybe one of the files has an extra file and in this extra file is the bdat....

you should talk to the tales of graces team. They found all the story on the wii disc.

I did, they weren't interested. Feel free to try and convince them though!

Mahdi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear hackers/translators,
Please ignore whoever comes and complains about your work. It is fantastic and i can play the game with no problems at all.

We know this is the best that can be done right now. I just hope they don't get you angry and stop this project

Thank you for all your hard work.

iamatmylimit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@tigris - actually if you see the top it was meant to be just a menu translation so in that sense it pretty much is almost done since all menu files have already been found now its just a matter of translating.only map.pkb doesnt have a repacker but i too want to see the whole story done as everyone else so there is a plan to do this..

@SectionX - as HisshouBuraiKen said if you think they can help send them a pm.

1.most people take long to translate a game as i said way back because of the translation part.these guys (not us) already have the tool to extract and replace but they cant make up thier mind on what this or that word means.not only that then theres drafting,editing etc.not sure if your aware but that tales of graces game was never finished.they worked on it for a year then gave up.

2.zeforte barely brought this topic up on Jan 28 2011 and we barely started work on it as a group officially on Feb 4 2011 so 1 month and 30 days.i would say thats impressive if you see how much of the menu is actually done compared to other groups who take anywhere from 8 months to 2 years and i do know projects that take years...

this group has been working on thier project for 8 years.if you want to see how frustrated these guys are go to page 16.halfway down.
tales of phantasia

3.we dont have all the tools to extract the story so we havent even started translating this part.i messaged 7 hackers and got 2 replies,skybladecloud and someone else.it was to get them to write a tool for us for the story.theres a difference between someone who has the tools but is lazy and "oh ill get to translate more when i feel like it" and someone who has the effort and desire but not the tools yet.HisshouBuraiKen and sephy are these guys ready to go at it.

4.the cut scene text has been found already days ago by zeforte and i can see some dialogue text using his trick.we are having a discussion elsewhere.
there seem to be 3 types of dialogue which make up the story.in essence we can see the story (found it) but we cant pull it out and much less make a program to put it back in but zeforte is pretty skilled at what hes doing as he is the only one who created a packer for 2 different files for this game.hes working on it but its more complicated than the .arc or .pkb files..if you know someone with knowledge on .rev files this will help us greatly.

Last edited by iamatmylimit,

doombringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i just tried the new @zeforte tool for testing the common.pkb file
the big problem for this translation is the space limitations!
hate2.gif
cry.gif

i wanna say: dont spend so much time to translate this (for now) because you cant insert all the text that u want..
(it's a HUGE problem..)

-------------------------------

Bond title list: JNL_kizunalist.xls
1xeno.jpg

[INFO] Like u see, the second title is incomplete, the right title is "one day in the park" (too long)
this section have a mini-space for titles.

Tutorial title list: MNU_ttrl.xls
2xeno.jpg

[INFO] Here, there is 70% of chance to write a "full title" without problems.

Arts description: MNU_arts_tag.xls
3xeno.jpg

[INFO] With some right "abbreviations" this menu will works great.

Record and trial description: MNU_playaward.xls
4xeno.jpg

[INFO] This section have an huge space limitation for the "description", but
have mini space for record and trial "title".

i hope someone find a way to add space, (and remove the limitations) because right now is useless translate this game
sleep.gif

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
HisshouBuraiKen said:
SectionX said:
iamatmylimit said:

I did, they weren't interested. Feel free to try and convince them though!

message sent to them

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doombringer said:

Umm...not for nothing dude, but we've been discussing that for a while now
tongue.gif
It's one of the things that needs to be worked on desperately and why we need more hackers and debuggers who know how to use gecko/dolphin.

I'm continuing to translate anyways because it's fun.

Here is the latest for static.arc, mostly done except for quest titles: https://docs.google.com/#folders/folder.0.0...jBkYzk4ODRhMzg5

And here's common.pkb, still a work in progress but some things done: https://docs.google.com/#folders/folder.0.0...WZmNzY1ZWM4ZmVk

the starred files are the ones that are "complete", by which i mean there's a translation for every item. Obviously there will need to be revisions and edits down the line if and when we figure out how to overcome text limits and shrink font sizes.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah guess so, I thought they might just be for me but I haven't worked with collections in google docs much so I wasn't sure.

If and when we get the game text in its entirety I'll probably start a google code repository or something to make things easier and clearer. For now you can just download the lot of them and use zeforte's latest tool to modify static.arc and common.pkb.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been gone a week(SXSW), great to see all the progress! you guys need a translation team name. i was thinking "team kickass". also did you guys talk to Sandylecuistot? he sounded interested in helping translate text.

doombringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
doombringer said:

Umm...not for nothing dude, but we've been discussing that for a while now
tongue.gif
It's one of the things that needs to be worked on desperately and why we need more hackers and debuggers who know how to use gecko/dolphin.

ok sorry
shy.gif

minkiz88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously think that there may be a chance of me dying from how amazing of a job you guys have done! I had been keeping up with translation of this game for a while, but gave up on it just a few months ago. Then I figured, what the hey, let's check up again.

Then I come upon this gem. Sorry I don't have much to offer; if I wasn't saving for a wedding, I'd try to donate or SOMEthing. Either way, I don't think you guys can even comprehend how happy this has made me. This game is by far the most ridiculously in-depth, beautiful, comprehensive game for the Wii, and possibly any system so far.

I had actually learned a lot of katakana JUST for this game, so I was able to translate most of the gems, items, and important things like that myself, but it still took me a good chunk of time every time I went to make gems. Now I can just read the English, AND I learned a few new things that I had translated wrong myself.

I'm not going to be one of those guys that says, "Good job, but when will there be moar?!?" I do have one question though: in the japanese, the grades of the crystals got higher numbers for the grade of the gem, from 1-6, 6 being the highest. What's the reason you guys flipped them for the English? Maybe I'm just mistaken though, I don't know.

Thanks a billion! Seriously.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
minkiz88 said:
I do have one question though: in the japanese, the grades of the crystals got higher numbers for the grade of the gem, from 1-6, 6 being the highest. What's the reason you guys flipped them for the English? Maybe I'm just mistaken though, I don't know.

Experimentin. The roman numerals showed up as question marks to me so i had to guess. Then it looked weird with arabic numerals ("strength up 5" is weird since 5 is the grade not the # of points strength goes up). In the end, and the current one on google (I think) I decided to go with E - D - C - B - A - S, from lowest to highest.

Hopefully soon either sky will figure something out, and zeforte should be back in a few weeks so hopefully by the end of april we'll see some more progress.

doomtrigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also why is there a file for 7chans minecraft server in there
ohmy.gif
and we have to combine everything to form the static.arc now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: