Tutorial  Updated

Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub/Uncensor Tutorial for usage with Brazilian Install Method (.app Files)

This Tutorial shows you how to Uncensor and Undub Xenoblade Chronicles X EU/US and repack it back into .app Files so you can install them with the Brazilian Install Method so no Loadiine is needed for this at all.

Requirements :
- Time and Patience
- Downloaded/Ripped Versions of both the JP and the EU/US Version of the Game in (.app Format)
- Java
- Mocha CFW, Haxchi CFW or any kind of Signature Patches on your Wii U
- Ability to read this :P

1. First of all get both GameVersions EU/US and JP as WupInstaller Package with whatever tool you normally use.

2. Download JNUS Tool from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/

3. Open the config file with your desired Editor like NotePad++ and put in the Wii U Common Key which i can't provide here in line 2. (Hint use google or similar)

4. Copy both Game Versions into Folders Names tmp_TITLEIDHERE for example tmp_00050000101C4C00 for Xenoblade Chronicles X EU. Do the same for the JP Version.
(Just put in the Numbers for your US Version instead.)

5. Hold Shift While being in the JNUS Folder and open a Command Line Window by rightclicking into Empty space. Click "Open Command Window here" to open CMD.
Type in the following command :

java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005000012345678 (Insert the Title ID there instead of 12345678)

and press Enter.

6. A Window Should open Showing you the Content of the Game. Mark all 3 Folders with a Tick and Press Download and it's gonna Unpack your Game in Loadiine Format (this takes a while it was arround an Hour for me).

7. Do the Same Process with the 2nd Game Version. (Repeat 4-6 for the other Version)

1.png

8. Get the Undub Patcher from here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/page-20#post-6351997

9. Open the Patcher and set the Source as your JP Version Folder. Important Select the "Content" Folder not the Root. As Destination set the EU/US Version and also set the Content Folder.

10. Select what you want to patch and Click Patch. This is gonna take arround an Hour aswell. When it's done your EU/US Version is already patched and ready to be repacked.

2.png

11. Grab the NUSPacker from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/

12. Hold Shift while being in the NUSPacker Folder and open a Command Line Window like before. In the Command Line Window write this :

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

12.1 Replace "inputdir" with your files location this Time the root folder with "content, "meta" and "code" in it.
12.2 Replace "outputdir" with your desired Folder where it is gonna install your finished Files.
12.3 And replace the Numbers after -encryptKeyWith with the Wii U Common Key again. Again i can't provide that Key here use Google.
12.4 Press Enter

3.png

13. Let the Tool do it's magic (can take arround an Hour aswell) and you should have .app files ready to be installed with WupInstaller.

14. Copy the Files to the SD Card and run SigPatches on your Wii U. Boot up WupInstaller after and Install the Game. Don't forget to delete the Old Game before if it's installed. Install the game and make sure you only run the Game with Mocha or Sigpatches on ! Enjoy your Undubbed/Uncensored Game it also works perfectly fine with Patch 1.01E and 1.02U and Online works aswell.

Finished Files ready to install :
explorer_2016-12-19_23-29-47.png

If you have any suggestions or questions let me know i try my best to answer them :)

Shoutout to @Maschell , @CXu , @timogus for their Tools making this possible. !

EDIT: Some people have reported issues with the US Version with that Method. I don't know where it comes from if either User Error or the actual Version but with Wii U's being Region Free now anyways i might recommend going with the EU Version instead to be sure it works since i can confirm that myself.

EDIT 2: I advertise against using the Font Option in the Patcher i've got reports that the game doesn't start then and just blackscreens.

Last edited by makke007,

Zeonis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@skins20 It looks like it is telling you what is wrong. Somehow the 'spacetravel.ddf' file is not assigned to an app file. I don't know why it would not be assigned but where did you obtain your copy of the game?

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@skins20 It looks like it is telling you what is wrong. Somehow the 'spacetravel.ddf' file is not assigned to an app file. I don't know why it would not be assigned but where did you obtain your copy of the game?

Solved, the problem is very complicated to explain..but at last works

A problem which nobody could help me without much previous information

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, first thank for the tutorial an dthank to the peoples involved at every steps
secondly, i have a question : does this also undub the content added by the japanese DLC, the ones that we directly have in EUR and US release? (boze and stuff) or this is what the option "remove english leftover" do? (so basically the dub will be totally removed for these ones?)

JasonMaivia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the US version still not working with this method or was a fix discovered? Outside of using loadiine, is there another method for getting the US version to play on Haxchi?

I have the original disk, but would like to use the patch and play connected to the internet.
Would I be missing out much for playing the game offline? I've played up until chapter 6 and I don't really want to start over from the beginning unless I really have to. I didn't really look into the online portions of the games (playing with others, connected with other teams, etc.), so I'm curious to know if it's the most enjoyable way of playing the game or not.

EDIT:
No matter how I patch the US version, the game would always freeze at the first black screen (the one before the title screen loads). What could be causing this problem?

Okay, so, I tried just installing the European version and update patch, thinking that I may have to start over from the beginning, but I was totally surprised to see that it says Ver. 1.02U on the title screen AND that my original US version save works! Online works, too!

I'm really confused now..., but happy.
I currently only have it uncensored. I didn't undub it, and I haven't tried with the bigger font yet. Does the bigger font really improve everything?

Last edited by JasonMaivia,

Zeonis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Luxor53
I am not sure why you can't open the file but I would try downloading it again and extracting it in a separate folder. You have it extracted in a folder with other things.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone figured out how to make this work without having to install the game? I'd like it as patch data only (SDCafiine is acceptable) and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done it.

I already have this game on optical disc, see.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone with a working Undub + Uncensor, XCX WUP-ready (SD:\install\XCX_for_Installing_Folder\*.app)

post the CRC for that folder, or if you are wicked schmat, can you post your .SFV (QuickHash)

Every single time I mux the Uncen+undub, I end up with a "cannot get past the first loading screen" on launch. I have redownloaded the US version and JPN version off WUHelper and same results, tried different drives.

Even the CRC/.SFV of the XCX USA and JPN you downloaded off WUHelper will do, please someone just tell me if I am missing a step somewhere or is there an issue with my PC?? (cpu/ram/drive!?)

The one time it worked was when I grabbed someone elses patched version from that site, it works till I hit a cutscene in chapter 5.

game works fine if I just use the original US/JPN versions off WUHelper

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everywhere I look I see the uncensored version undubbed as well. Does a version exist that is simply uncensored, or is there an easy way to simply uncensor it or redub it to english?

Alexmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everywhere I look I see the uncensored version undubbed as well. Does a version exist that is simply uncensored, or is there an easy way to simply uncensor it or redub it to english?

Same along with that a is there a version where I don't have to install the entire game because I use the disc version.

Last edited by Alexmo,

Ragnorok64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step 4 in the tutorial has me somewhat confused? When I copy the games into the folders named "tmp_0005000e[JP Title ID]" and "tmp_0005000e[US Title ID]" respectively, where do I put those folders?

Also I ran the command from step 5 and it downloaded folders of 41.9MB and 78MB. I dumped the contents of those folders into the tmp game folders and ran the Patch tool v1.1. I loaded up the patched game CEMU but I ended up with Japanese movies, and voice lines in game play, but so far, in the opening area Elma's lines have been a mix of English and then sometimes Japanese in cut scenes.

Not sure where things went wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ragnorok64,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Tutorial shows you how to Uncensor and Undub Xenoblade Chronicles X EU/US and repack it back into .app Files so you can install them with the Brazilian Install Method so no Loadiine is needed for this at all.

Requirements :
- Time and Patience
- Downloaded/Ripped Versions of both the JP and the EU/US Version of the Game in (.app Format)
- Java
- Mocha CFW, Haxchi CFW or any kind of Signature Patches on your Wii U
- Ability to read this :P

1. First of all get both GameVersions EU/US and JP as WupInstaller Package with whatever tool you normally use.

2. Download JNUS Tool from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/

3. Open the config file with your desired Editor like NotePad++ and put in the Wii U Common Key which i can't provide here in line 2. (Hint use google or similar)

4. Copy both Game Versions into Folders Names tmp_TITLEIDHERE for example tmp_00050000101C4C00 for Xenoblade Chronicles X EU. Do the same for the JP Version.
(Just put in the Numbers for your US Version instead.)

5. Hold Shift While being in the JNUS Folder and open a Command Line Window by rightclicking into Empty space. Click "Open Command Window here" to open CMD.
Type in the following command :

java -jar JNUSTool.jar 0005000012345678 (Insert the Title ID there instead of 12345678)

and press Enter.

6. A Window Should open Showing you the Content of the Game. Mark all 3 Folders with a Tick and Press Download and it's gonna Unpack your Game in Loadiine Format (this takes a while it was arround an Hour for me).

7. Do the Same Process with the 2nd Game Version. (Repeat 4-6 for the other Version)

View attachment 72492

8. Get the Undub Patcher from here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/xenoblade-chronicle-x-undub.405092/page-20#post-6351997

9. Open the Patcher and set the Source as your JP Version Folder. Important Select the "Content" Folder not the Root. As Destination set the EU/US Version and also set the Content Folder.

10. Select what you want to patch and Click Patch. This is gonna take arround an Hour aswell. When it's done your EU/US Version is already patched and ready to be repacked.

View attachment 72493

11. Grab the NUSPacker from this Thread :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/

12. Hold Shift while being in the NUSPacker Folder and open a Command Line Window like before. In the Command Line Window write this :

java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "inputDir" -out "outputDir" -encryptKeyWith 12345678123456781234567812345678

12.1 Replace "inputdir" with your files location this Time the root folder with "content, "meta" and "code" in it.
12.2 Replace "outputdir" with your desired Folder where it is gonna install your finished Files.
12.3 And replace the Numbers after -encryptKeyWith with the Wii U Common Key again. Again i can't provide that Key here use Google.
12.4 Press Enter

View attachment 72494

13. Let the Tool do it's magic (can take arround an Hour aswell) and you should have .app files ready to be installed with WupInstaller.

14. Copy the Files to the SD Card and run SigPatches on your Wii U. Boot up WupInstaller after and Install the Game. Don't forget to delete the Old Game before if it's installed. Install the game and make sure you only run the Game with Mocha or Sigpatches on ! Enjoy your Undubbed/Uncensored Game it also works perfectly fine with Patch 1.01E and 1.02U and Online works aswell.

Finished Files ready to install :
View attachment 72495

If you have any suggestions or questions let me know i try my best to answer them :)

Shoutout to @Maschell , @CXu , @timogus for their Tools making this possible. !

EDIT: Some people have reported issues with the US Version with that Method. I don't know where it comes from if either User Error or the actual Version but with Wii U's being Region Free now anyways i might recommend going with the EU Version instead to be sure it works since i can confirm that myself.

EDIT 2: I advertise against using the Font Option in the Patcher i've got reports that the game doesn't start then and just blackscreens.
so how does the DLC and updates go with this just want to know before starting

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how does the DLC and updates go with this just want to know before starting

The DLC is literally a loading speed increase for the Disc Version ONLY. Since we modify the Eshop Version here DLC are unneeded. They don't add anything to the game at all. As for the Update 1.01 it works flawless for me make sure to install it afterwards.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DLC is literally a loading speed increase for the Disc Version ONLY. Since we modify the Eshop Version here DLC are unneeded. They don't add anything to the game at all. As for the Update 1.01 it works flawless for me make sure to install it afterwards.
i assume I install the US update and since im not using usb helper I think 1.01 is the latest update right?

makke007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume I install the US update and since im not using usb helper I think 1.01 is the latest update right?

My tutorial actually uses the EU Version some people reported issues with it so im not sure people got different results.
But yea you would install the corresponding right Update EU or US.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My tutorial actually uses the EU Version some people reported issues with it so im not sure people got different results.
But yea you would install the corresponding right Update EU or US.
ok thanks and not sure if this is known but 1.02 is actually the latest according to the US version At least

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright