ROM Hack Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Graphics Settings

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For those who don't see any difference, try to reinstall reverse Nx.

I tried myself a lot of config tweaking and all but didn't noticed a huge difference because my reverse Nx wasn't installed well. So I was playing in handheld mode and some config doesn't works in handheld apparently.

Now everything works well and that's CRAZY! SO SO CLEAN, no blur at all, so clear even if I put the camera far from my characters, also clear if I look far!

Just game's dialogues run slowly and the fps cheat or the overclock doesn't change anything for me (with deathblade200 config)

I am using the 20fps cheat and cutscenes working well with deathblades config. But 20fps cheat only working with game version 1.0

Reactions: cobjak

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Started finally playing XC3 and removed double buffer by timeouting immediately nvnSyncWait (which is not something clean, but it works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

It can produce framebuffer glitches, but in 30 FPS mod they are very rare - practically only in fade in/fade out animations and zoomed in full map from my tests.
More strain on CPU = more those glitches, that's why with 60 FPS it will be more visible.
Thanks to implemented frameskipping like in XCDE game doesn't need speed adjustments like in XC2.
If it's not nocebo, it enabled some small framepacing issues. But I would prefer to have some proper tool that will show that with this patch is more inconsistent. Only visible sign is that Average max FPS floats around 30.08 instead of 30.00 in NX-FPS (using SharedMemory variant, so dmnt:cht doesn't make an issue with my readings)

If you are using yuzu, you don't need it - yuzu doesn't have implemented nvn double buffer, so it's already ignored there.
Can't say about ryujinx.

It works only with 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.3.0
Didn't test it that much, so can't say what will happen in more demanding areas.

Edit: i won't update this anymore. You can disable double buffer with FPSLocker.

Attachments

• Xenoblade3-noDB.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by masagrator,

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
here is my impression

please respect MY impression and my settings. Im a noob and it is a little bit difficult to understand all words like db sync/AA/TAA and so on. But I am willing to understand and learn it

I only play handheld and I won't/don't want to go higher than 460 gpu (the volume from the fan then only bothers me)

1. deathblades config + masagrators Xenoblade3Graphics = absolutely sharp picture but only 20fps. I would give the picture a 10/10

2. deathblades config + masagrators Xenoblade3-NoDB = sharp picture and very stable 30 fps (even with only 460 gpu and using reverse nx dock) I would give the picture a 7.5/10 better than without reverse nx dock but not so sharp/good as 1. Sometimes it looks like Dynamic Resolution

Now if we can have a sharp 10/10 picture and stable 30fps with 460 gpu…all my dreams would come true :rofl2:

Great work masagrator and deathblade :bow:

Last edited by DJPAUL1990,
Reactions: deathblade200

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am currently playing with double buffer patch, config with only changed red_atRate to 0.97 + docked mode at 1785/460/1600, got only one long drop to 26 FPS in one cutscene where it was showing >20 soldiers at whole screen. First hour. I guess true test will come with full party at disposal.

Reactions: Medel87 and cobjak

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started finally playing XC3 and removed double buffer by timeouting immediately nvnSyncWait (which is not something clean, but it works, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

It can produce framebuffer glitches, but in 30 FPS mod they are very rare - practically only in fade in/fade out animations from my tests.
More strain on CPU = more those glitches, that's why with 60 FPS it will be more visible.
Thanks to implemented frameskipping like in XCDE game doesn't need speed adjustments like in XC2.
If it's not nocebo, it enabled some small framepacing issues. But I would prefer to have some proper tool that will show that with this patch is more inconsistent. Only visible sign is that Average max FPS floats around 30.08 instead of 30.00 in NX-FPS (using SharedMemory variant, so dmnt:cht doesn't make an issue with my readings)

If you are using yuzu, you don't need it - yuzu doesn't have implemented nvn double buffer, so it's already ignored there.
Can't say about ryujinx.

It works only with 1.1.0.
Didn't test it that much, so can't say what will happen in more demanding areas.
so I decided to try this for shits and giggles, in handheld at 1020/460/1862 I could not get the frames to drop below 30FPS while it normally would drop to somewhere around 28FPS in certain areas. using docked mode I was just able to lower the overclock that I normally use while keeping a stable 30FPS

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, at low res outline is getting pretty annoying - it highlights jaggies.
Set those 3 to 0, which seems to rid off most of outlines - it doesn't remove slight outline on hair.
Code:
    "0xF333710C": 0.0,
    "0xFFD3EE80": 0.0,
    "0x8D2766E2": 0.0,

Reactions: cucholix

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For those who don't see any difference, try to reinstall reverse Nx.

I tried myself a lot of config tweaking and all but didn't noticed a huge difference because my reverse Nx wasn't installed well. So I was playing in handheld mode and some config doesn't works in handheld apparently.

Now everything works well and that's CRAZY! SO SO CLEAN, no blur at all, so clear even if I put the camera far from my characters, also clear if I look far!

Just game's dialogues run slowly and the fps cheat or the overclock doesn't change anything for me (with deathblade200 config)
i will try , whats is the newest versin and whats is the difference witch reverse nx tool and reverse nx, i dont understand , thanks friend

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so sorry for the double post... I think I did something stupid, I deleted the old reversenx and saldysd, and I don't know how to install them anymore looool, I tried but my nintendo crashes ... please help a noob

Squalxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so I decided to try this for shits and giggles, in handheld at 1020/460/1862 I could not get the frames to drop below 30FPS while it normally would drop to somewhere around 28FPS in certain areas. using docked mode I was just able to lower the overclock that I normally use while keeping a stable 30FPS
Help me sir. I alrdy overclock switch using kazuhime source for mariko and alrdy boot with loader kip. But in sysclk global profile and spoof profile only 1600 ram. How to activate 1990 ram sir? Thank you

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help me sir. I alrdy overclock switch using kazuhime source for mariko and alrdy boot with loader kip. But in sysclk global profile and spoof profile only 1600 ram. How to activate 1990 ram sir? Thank you
it won't actually show beyond 1600 in sysclk (other than a custom sysclk) use Status Monitor Overlay

Squalxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it won't actually show beyond 1600 in sysclk (other than a custom sysclk) use Status Monitor Overlay
I alrdy install the custom sysclk ver 1.0.2. I use newest file from kazuhime. Help me sir

Attachments

• 20220815_021537.jpg
    20220815_021537.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • 20220815_021949.jpg
    20220815_021949.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20220815_022141.jpg
    20220815_022141.jpg
    999.5 KB · Views: 105

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

It can produce framebuffer glitches, but in 30 FPS mod they are very rare - practically only in fade in/fade out animations from my tests.

Can't say about ryujinx.

It works only with 1.1.0.
What db mean in xeno? This makes game smooth?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What db mean in xeno? This makes game smooth?
It's usually a solution for devs that can't solve issue with bad framepacing (which on PC is one of methods to fix frame tearing on 60Hz monitors)
It forces game to make one frame in advance so it smooths out frame pacing at the cost of not fluid FPS drops - if they happen. So it shouldn't be used for games that aren't optimized on very very good level.

So only available FPS values for XC3 with double buffer enabled are multipliers of FPS target which is 60. If it would be 30, it wouldn't drop to 20 FPS but straight to 15 FPS.

60 FPS 30 FPS
[...]
180 - 3:1
120 - 2:1
60 - 1:1
30 - 1:2
20 - 1:3
15 - 1:4
12 - 1:5
10 - 1:6

[...]
90 - 3:1
60 - 2:1
30 - 1:1
15 - 1:2
10 - 1:3

There is nothing in between.
What you see as "28" or whatever are just results of game jumping between 20 and 30 target in one second.
That's why any FPS drop is heavily visible here (one frame drop means game for time of at least two frames jumps to 20 FPS frametime).

XC3 engine is optimized pretty well, it lacks only just a bit of CPU and GPU to get solid handheld experience - but it's pulled down by double buffer. Dunno why they didn't eliminate it yet - they clearly are working on it since they introduced frameskipping in engine since XCDE, but I guess syncing effects is a bitch.

Double buffer is notorious in games made by Nintendo owned studios, but they can use it since they have very well optimized games - if they are using their own engines made with Lunchpack.

Hectorimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hoped this thread would grow!

What I would really love, aside from some performance, is to clean-up the image. What I mean is that XBC3 uses some weird filter that looks like the screen is covered in vaseline or something, yet I find the default setting for bloom to be "false".

What else can be causing that smearing/blurring at the edges of objects? XBC2 didn't have that at all...

Second point: which setting is responsible for the game being so incredibly dark? I know some users eliminated this darkness of the image with some settings in yuzu/rjinx, but I can't find the names of those settings. What would I need to alter to enhance colors and inject some gamma into the image?

Thanks and cheers!

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yet I find the default setting for bloom to be "false".
bloom2 is true, but changing it to false makes no difference
Second point: which setting is responsible for the game being so incredibly dark? I know some users eliminated this darkness of the image with some settings in yuzu/rjinx, but I can't find the names of those settings. What would I need to alter to enhance colors and inject some gamma into the image?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fizeau-adjust-color-of-your-switch-screen.556734/

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally the gamma setting. but you can easily make other places way too bright

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only change for me in true handled mode, its the custscene, all the custscene are very very sharp ans clean, but un game nothing change for me, i have reinstaled reverse nx, sysclk, download durand V 1.3 but... im so sad its dint work for me

Reactions: osaka35

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only change for me in true handled mode, its the custscene, all the custscene are very very sharp ans clean, but un game nothing change for me, i have reinstaled reverse nx, sysclk, download durand V 1.3 but... im so sad its dint work for me

I cannot help you very well but in my case at the beginning I tried my own config + other config from the thread but didn't notice big difference at this moment. Better but nothing crazy!

Then I reinstall reverse nx and I realized that it was the problem.

Basically you won't see an observable difference in portable mode(better quality but to similar from original, so with reverse nx setting in docked mode I can tell that it's clear and beautiful.

Sys clk I never understand why with me it makes 0 difference so I use 5 min and I give up

Reactions: Angelito66

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's usually a solution for devs that can't solve issue with bad framepacing (which on PC is one of methods to fix frame tearing on 60Hz monitors)
It forces game to make one frame in advance so it smooths out frame pacing at the cost of not fluid FPS drops - if they happen. So it shouldn't be used for games that aren't optimized on very very good level.

So only available FPS values for XC3 with double buffer enabled are multipliers of FPS target which is 60. If it would be 30, it wouldn't drop to 20 FPS but straight to 15 FPS.

60 FPS 30 FPS
[...]
180 - 3:1
120 - 2:1
60 - 1:1
30 - 1:2
20 - 1:3
15 - 1:4
12 - 1:5
10 - 1:6

[...]
90 - 3:1
60 - 2:1
30 - 1:1
15 - 1:2
10 - 1:3

There is nothing in between.
What you see as "28" or whatever are just results of game jumping between 20 and 30 target in one second.
That's why any FPS drop is heavily visible here (one frame drop means game for time of at least two frames jumps to 20 FPS frametime).

XC3 engine is optimized pretty well, it lacks only just a bit of CPU and GPU to get solid handheld experience - but it's pulled down by double buffer. Dunno why they didn't eliminate it yet - they clearly are working on it since they introduced frameskipping in engine since XCDE, but I guess syncing effects is a bitch.

Double buffer is notorious in games made by Nintendo owned studios, but they can use it since they have very well optimized games - if they are using their own engines made with Lunchpack.
Owww thats 20fps drop weird straight to it. Thats was db role. Because is weird never seen one in other games. Well removing db makes the game perfom normal behavior. I noticed when play in samsung tv automatically set to Nintendo switch setting and the game really smooth like 60fps game. Pretty much different when playing ps5. I think samsung using artificial frame when render Nintendo switch games. But is really help playing 30fps with 60fps taste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it