Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Crysal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, the yuzu custom build works wonders, at least to me. I played the entire afternoon yesterday with zero crashes and pagefile maxing at 60~65% (of a 64gb pagefile), while in other builds it almost immediately shots to 70~80+ and crashes after some time. RAM is no issue at all with the custom build too.

The particle things is confusing as in all the pre-rendered cutscenes they are literally there and work correctly, but as soon as it's in-game engine the emu seems to forget they exist. Crazy stuff...

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the yuzu custom build works wonders, at least to me. I played the entire afternoon yesterday with zero crashes and pagefile maxing at 60~65% (of a 64gb pagefile), while in other builds it almost immediately shots to 70~80+ and crashes after some time. RAM is no issue at all with the custom build too.

The particle things is confusing as in all the pre-rendered cutscenes they are literally there and work correctly, but as soon as it's in-game engine the emu seems to forget they exist. Crazy stuff...
Not all of them either. I'm pretty sure harvesting ether uses particle effects too and those are still there.

Muskito98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That might be a hardware issue. I don't know. I have an RTX 3060 ti, I can play a long time without a crash. At the very least, length of time has no baring on crashing. The custom build can crash. But it's usually because of a very specific thing, like a cutscene. In every one of these cases, starting the game without my resmod and watching the cutscene allowed me to get through with no issues and then I simply saved, stopped the game and put my mod back on.
Yeah, I'm starting to think it is a hardware issue :/

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a GTX 1050TI and 16GB of RAM.
  • Yuzu OpenGL - Crashes after ~1 hour, memory leak.
  • Yuzu Vulkan - Some graphical glitches (like yellow water and yellow smoke), crashes in some cutscenes.
  • Yuzu Custom Build - Same as Yuzu OpenGL, but at least I can play for more than 1 hour before it crashes.
I can deal with the missing particles, but the crashes are ruining my experience with the game.

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm starting to think it is a hardware issue :/

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 with a GTX 1050TI and 16GB of RAM.
  • Yuzu OpenGL - Crashes after ~1 hour, memory leak.
  • Yuzu Vulkan - Some graphical glitches (like yellow water and yellow smoke), crashes in some cutscenes.
  • Yuzu Custom Build - Same as Yuzu OpenGL, but at least I can play for more than 1 hour before it crashes.
I can deal with the missing particles, but the crashes are ruining my experience with the game.
Have you tried using memreduct? Maybe that would help?

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've tried using this software and I tried changing the pagefile on Windows but sadly, neither has helped me.
Sadly then I think you're going to have to wait until Yuzu Vulkan is stabilized and doesn't crash during cutscenes. Or you could simply turn off you Emulator every hour and restart it. It's kind of annoying but also I don't think is super detrimental. Just set an alarm on your phone.

Dr_Andrew

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When using resmods should I leave the resolution on the emulator at 1x? Or can I also upscale the resolution? So far the best image is with resmod 4x and upscale 4x but fps is just 30. Quality mod works the best but all it's too blurry. So far I have not been able to make the game look nice. I' using Yuzu custom build for the memory leak and a 3080.

w1ll0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
When using resmods should I leave the resolution on the emulator at 1x? Or can I also upscale the resolution? So far the best image is with resmod 4x and upscale 4x but fps is just 30. Quality mod works the best but all it's too blurry. So far I have not been able to make the game look nice. I' using Yuzu custom build for the memory leak and a 3080.

From what I understand you should keep the emu scaling to 1x, as (at least in Yuzu) higher res seems to introduce artifacts.

Btw are you guys getting (micro)stuttering in Yuzu (OpenGL)?

It doesn't seem to be shader-related, and it's especially noticeable when slowly rotating the camera around the player. (for me it micro-pauses every second or so)

I tried messing around with Vsync (both in Yuzu and Nvidia CP) in combination with Rivatuner, but nothing seems to completely eliminate it.

Last edited by w1ll0w,

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2x causes bizarre and extreme graphical glitches, 3x is stable framerate but awful black bars on many textures, 4x tanks the performance to sub 15 fps. So yeah, right now 1x is your only option.

saifandsound6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone able to tell me why my early access build never loads game, and gets stuck in "Launching". I am not sure if its key as I also have the mainline which loads XC3 perfectly, with the update. Thanks!

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've tried using this software and I tried changing the pagefile on Windows but sadly, neither has helped me.
Have you let Windows manage the page file? I haven't seen you mention that specifically, so that's why I'm asking. It's the only thing that fixes the crashes definitively, namely because the pagefile usage can go up to around 40 gigs. If you set a manual amount, it's bound to crash if it's too small.

Muskito98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you let Windows manage the page file? I haven't seen you mention that specifically, so that's why I'm asking. It's the only thing that fixes the crashes definitively, namely because the pagefile usage can go up to around 40 gigs. If you set a manual amount, it's bound to crash if it's too small.
Yeah, right now the pagefile is set to let Windows manage automatically, but it didn't change anything, I'll try to play the game in short bursts for now, i.e play for 1 hour and then restart Yuzu before it crashes.

I'll keep doing this till Yuzu or Ryujinx become more stable with this game.

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand you should keep the emu scaling to 1x, as (at least in Yuzu) higher res seems to introduce artifacts.

Btw are you guys getting (micro)stuttering in Yuzu (OpenGL)?

It doesn't seem to be shader-related, and it's especially noticeable when slowly rotating the camera around the player. (for me it micro-pauses every second or so)

I tried messing around with Vsync (both in Yuzu and Nvidia CP) in combination with Rivatuner, but nothing seems to completely eliminate it.
I get some small hitches occasionally, yeah. I've gotten decent mileage from using Rivatuner with Vsync forced off on both emulator and nvidia control panel for Yuzu's profile on there. Specifically using suggestions from this topic:

Placebo or not, perhaps it makes a difference? Worth a shot I guess.

Other than that, I think I get better performance on the 3x ResMod than the QualityMod from Michael Chen's youtube video. (both from there)

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway....there's nothing we can do for improving cutscene resolution?
It's starting to trigger me.
There are two types of cutscenes: in game and pre-rendered. In game will be improved by resmods. Pre-rendered can't be changed as far as I know. At least not without like ai-upscaling each individual pre-rendered cutscene and making a hacked version of the nsp or something. Can people even do that?

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two types of cutscenes: in game and pre-rendered. In game will be improved by resmods. Pre-rendered can't be changed as far as I know. At least not without like ai-upscaling each individual pre-rendered cutscene and making a hacked version of the nsp or something. Can people even do that?
If they dump the files and edit the scenes, and somehow rebuild into .xci, might be possible. I don't really know much about that, but theoretically.

Reactions: totxxx

Sndrea9332

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah in game cutscene are totally fine like the rest of the in game content with the resmod....it's just sad that when pre rendered cutscenes starts it become blurry as fuck.....but hey, it is what it is i suppose

Reactions: totxxx

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If they dump the files and edit the scenes, and somehow rebuild into .xci, might be possible. I don't really know much about that, but theoretically.
dont work like this, i already make mod for upscaled video cutscene for some game on switch, you need to put the upscaled video in the same format like the original on switch, then put it in the right folder in atmosphere/content/idgame/ and follow the same path of the original switch game, to know the correct way, to do that you need emulator, like yuzu, right clic on game, extract romfs, and you obtain all the file (before xci compil) like path on pc game for example, then find the folder where cutscene are stored, and apply the same way to your atmosphere/content/idgame.

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here the result of extracted roms of xenoblade chronicles 3, so the way is 010074F013262000/romfs/movie
so basically you need to create all the folder inside atmosphere/content/010074F013262000/romfs/movie and put all the upscaled video here, works on emulator and switch hack
here trhe video format is webm, i will give some try tomorrow and let you know
1659219770404.png

1659219947393.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol