Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Fabreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you, with the new version of yuzu several graphic problems with the emuscaler are solved. It's not perfect but it's very enjoyable at 2K. EA 3830

RishabhSaini11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thank you, with the new version of yuzu several graphic problems with the emuscaler are solved. It's not perfect but it's very enjoyable at 2K. EA 3830
By not perfect,if u mean Missing motes -
The motes/glowing particles appear only on high accuracy but it reduces fps by ~5-7 fps ,
so it's best to set up a hotkey then switch to high accuracy during cutscenes.

though for vortex explosions and light flickering,it's very annoying with no apparent solutions.

Ahdibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are u using ea 3830 ?
If yes,try removing shaders and updating graphics drivers .
Yeah just updated and tried same stuff
Post automatically merged:

If you've got an AMD GPU, you'll need to switch to OpenGL on Ryujinx to get through the Pentalas Region.

Im on AMD 5600 XT OpenGL is unplayable on yuzu its good on Ryujinx ?

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just updated and tried same stuff

Im on AMD 5600 XT OpenGL is unplayable on yuzu its good on Ryujinx ?
As of a few months ago, with my AMD RX 480 8GB:
Yuzu Vulkan: 30 FPS, never dropped below 28.
Yuzu OpenGL: 3-5 FPS.
Ryujinx OpenGL: ~15ish FPS.

I've since upgraded to a RTX 3060, so can't tell you how things are currently with them, since I have no issues in Pentalas anymore. Performance has probably improved some. You might try Vulkan on Ryujinx as well, IIRC it didn't work right back then, but there have been a LOT of updates since then.

So yea, you'll take a bit of a performance hit, but actually being able to see what's on screen makes up for that, lol.

Ahdibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As of a few months ago, with my AMD RX 480 8GB:
Yuzu Vulkan: 30 FPS, never dropped below 28.
Yuzu OpenGL: 3-5 FPS.
Ryujinx OpenGL: ~15ish FPS.

I've since upgraded to a RTX 3060, so can't tell you how things are currently with them, since I have no issues in Pentalas anymore. Performance has probably improved some. You might try Vulkan on Ryujinx as well, IIRC it didn't work right back then, but there have been a LOT of updates since then.

So yea, you'll take a bit of a performance hit, but actually being able to see what's on screen makes up for that, lol.

Im thinking of an rtx 3060 too recently .. prolly gonna be my best solution :))

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im thinking of an rtx 3060 too recently .. prolly gonna be my best solution :))
Yea, I really lucked out with mine. My mom's old computer crapped out, and she needed a new one, and after shopping around, the best overall deal we found included an RTX 3060.

The most graphically intensive thing my mom plays is Candy Crush.

So I asked her if she'd let me swap our GPUs, so I got the new RTX 3060, and she got my old RX480 8GB. She let me do it so long as I gave her $50 towards her new PC.

Ironically, not 3 weeks later, I was on her computer (with my old GPU) emulating PS3 to play Star Ocean 5 (with the English translation ported in from the PS4 version), since the CPU on my computer couldn't handle PS3 emulation (making me almost wish I'd waited to swap GPUs), and her new GPU was 4 generations more advanced that mine, lol.

Since getting the 3060, I have managed to get some spectacular graphics in many games, especially UE games where I can edit things in Engine.ini. I mean, look at this screenshot I took from FFVII Crisis Core:
image.png
Look at that lighting! That's not a cutscene, that's mid-fight in actual gameplay.

Last edited by edale,
Reactions: Ahdibu

Fabreg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yea, I really lucked out with mine. My mom's old computer crapped out, and she needed a new one, and after shopping around, the best overall deal we found included an RTX 3060.

The most graphically intensive thing my mom plays is Candy Crush.

So I asked her if she'd let me swap our GPUs, so I got the new RTX 3060, and she got my old RX480 8GB. She let me do it so long as I gave her $50 towards her new PC.

Ironically, not 3 weeks later, I was on her computer (with my old GPU) emulating PS3 to play Star Ocean 5 (with the English translation ported in from the PS4 version), since the CPU on my computer couldn't handle PS3 emulation (making me almost wish I'd waited to swap GPUs), and her new GPU was 4 generations more advanced that mine, lol.

Since getting the 3060, I have managed to get some spectacular graphics in many games, especially UE games where I can edit things in Engine.ini. I mean, look at this screenshot I took from FFVII Crisis Core:Look at that lighting! That's not a cutscene, that's mid-fight in actual gameplay.

If your mom only needs a PC for the office and simple tasks, change it for yours. I don't think I will deny it to you, and so you can have a system that is useful for different tasks, not just playing games, but learning about AI software and programming or digital art. This is how I learned and it has helped me to earn money.

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your mom only needs a PC for the office and simple tasks, change it for yours. I don't think I will deny it to you, and so you can have a system that is useful for different tasks, not just playing games, but learning about AI software and programming or digital art. This is how I learned and it has helped me to earn money.
Asides from CPU, my PC is better than my mom's PC in pretty much every metric. When I built it, I built it to be as future-proof as possible. The only downfall for my PC is that the MB can't handle a CPU newer than Intel's 7th gen; and even with that my MB's better than the MB on my mom's new PC (hers doesn't even have an M.2 slot). There are quite a few things I can do on my PC that I couldn't do on hers.

The RX 480 was mostly bought because my budget for building the PC went to the other things in the tower, and I didn't have enough left for a better GPU (I just needed one good enough for basic 3-degrees-of-freedom VR at the time... I used it mostly to watch 3D movies back then), I had always intended on upgrading the GPU when I had the chance, I just never had enough spare cash for it.

Last edited by edale,

Katak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mods updated for 2.1.0 in IPSwitch and Cheat format. Will work on 60fps when I have time.

Thanks a lot for those updates!

Any luck on 60 fps mod ? I'm waiting for this one specifically before installing 2.1. Ever since I had a taste of higher framerate it's pretty pretty hard now to go back xD

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck on 60 fps mod ? I'm waiting for this one specifically before installing 2.1. Ever since I had a taste of higher framerate it's pretty pretty hard now to go back xD

Thanks a lot for those updates!

I've been busy lately and really don't have the drive/time to update the 60fps mods for two sword skins. I will be doing it when v2.2.0 release and the Noah/Mio Amiibo content is put into the game which will have 1 new costume for Noah, 1 for Mio, 3 for Agnus, and 3 for Keves.

Reactions: cnzqy1 and tikikyo

cnzqy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been busy lately and really don't have the drive/time to update the 60fps mods for two sword skins. I will be doing it when v2.2.0 release and the Noah/Mio Amiibo content is put into the game which will have 1 new costume for Noah, 1 for Mio, 3 for Agnus, and 3 for Keves.
Would you also be able to update the Improve Shadows mod (last updated for v2.0.0, https://github.com/theboy181/switch.../[010074F013262000]/2.0.0/Improve Shadows.rar) to v2.2.0 when it releases? I didn't see this mod included in your v2.1.0 update. Thank you very much!

Last edited by cnzqy1,

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Improve Shadows.rar
    510 bytes · Views: 29
Reactions: cnzqy1

hcy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
try 2k mod and 1080p mod and scaler enable mod
also try 3352 build and latest build
always freeze when entering combat
don't know what to do now

hcy2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Don't use 2K / Emu scaler enabler at the same time it crashes the game. You have to use just one.
only use one of them one time
just freeze every time

What CPU and GPU do you have? What are your settings in Yuzu?
10500 3700
i've already complete the game on 1.3.0
just want to 2nd round
it works fine on 2.0.0
until i upgrade to 2.1.0
i download the 2.1.0 mod in this post then the problem occurs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1