Gaming Emulation Misc Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Emulator/Etc Discussion

Raxiael

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so with the Class unlock how do i get it to unlock the hero classes? im in chapter 2 do i have to get to chapter 3 and meet the first hero? or will it work straight away when i unlock the classes?

P_H_I

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with the Class unlock how do i get it to unlock the hero classes? im in chapter 2 do i have to get to chapter 3 and meet the first hero? or will it work straight away when i unlock the classes?
Once a hero joins your party you gain their class on one of your six main party members. As you use this class with that one character, your other party members slowly learn the class as well. Some heroes are gained through story progression, a lot more through their own side quests.

Once you get the first hero character the game will explain it pretty well, so keep chugging along in the meantime.

Reactions: Raxiael

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Honestly each emulator has its own strengths and weaknesses, and will be very dependent on user specs.
Yuzu and Ryu have both been pretty neck-and-neck in terms of performance lately.

But I still recommend Ryu over Yuzu because it is less hacky in how it achieves the performance levels that it does.

Kassalla

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi guys,
I'm playing this amazing game until yuzu said enough. The game stucks in a loading screen. This happens in chapter 2, when we defeat the first consoul, mio read her book an then there is a loading screen... This one.
I'm playing on my steam deck.
Could someone help me, please.
Edit: Solved changing to opengl, saving and turn back to vulkan.

Last edited by Kassalla,

Benkai_Debussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to start the game (in Yuzu) since using the 1.3.0 update (if I remove the update it starts). I've already updated the prod/title files (to 16.0.0) and cleared out the shader cache, which are the two things I saw mentioned as potential causes for this issue. I've also disabled all other mods just to ensure they're not the cause (so I only have the Update and DLC checked).
Is it possible I need to replace the actual game file itself? I wouldn't think so, since I've never needed to do that before, but I'm kind of at a loss about what to try next.

omorijeffnuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing the latest update and dlcs I'm unable to launch the game. I can launch the game on yuzu just fine as long as the dlc is disabled, but with it enabled the game infinitely loads on the launching screen. How can I get it to open?

DJYDJYD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I haven't been able to start the game (in Yuzu) since using the 1.3.0 update (if I remove the update it starts). I've already updated the prod/title files (to 16.0.0) and cleared out the shader cache, which are the two things I saw mentioned as potential causes for this issue. I've also disabled all other mods just to ensure they're not the cause (so I only have the Update and DLC checked).
Is it possible I need to replace the actual game file itself? I wouldn't think so, since I've never needed to do that before, but I'm kind of at a loss about what to try next.
After installing the latest update and dlcs I'm unable to launch the game. I can launch the game on yuzu just fine as long as the dlc is disabled, but with it enabled the game infinitely loads on the launching screen. How can I get it to open?
If neither yuzu nor ryujinx work, try to get the upgrade/DLC file from somewhere else

DJYDJYD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
A video from last month claiming that the particle problem was fixed in a yuzu branche,Mainline in now look still no good,Please can anyone find more information?
Asked for, RyzenDew/yuzu:P

Last edited by DJYDJYD,

RobertoEluan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone. I'm facing a strange issue and I can't say if anything have been caused because I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. On Yuzu the Expansion pass and the updates are not working anymore. Since I installed on Ryujinx and it worked, sure it is Yuzu the problem. I'm testing Ryu to see if now it is acceptable playing through it because some months ago it was still a mess, but if not, someone have any clues on what could be happening to Yuzu? Thanks.

ReiSakisaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone. I'm facing a strange issue and I can't say if anything have been caused because I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11. On Yuzu the Expansion pass and the updates are not working anymore. Since I installed on Ryujinx and it worked, sure it is Yuzu the problem. I'm testing Ryu to see if now it is acceptable playing through it because some months ago it was still a mess, but if not, someone have any clues on what could be happening to Yuzu? Thanks.
Have you tried re-adding the updates/expansion or turned them on in the properties?

Reactions: RobertoEluan

RobertoEluan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried re-adding the updates/expansion or turned them on in the properties?
I did. Tried other versions of Yuzu, reinstalled everything, downloaded from other sources, with no avail. This is odd because it works on Ryujinx, but with Vulkan the bloom workaround is not working I don't know why.
Edit: the Vulkan workaround isn't necessary, sorry. Althought the other issues I'm facing persists.

Last edited by RobertoEluan,

skebskiy

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello there.
My config is i5-6500, 16gb ram, rx-570 .Everything on SSD. Game 1.3.0 and latest Yuzu 1405 (ryujinx works even worse).
Game runs good, im ok with 30 fps, but those "building shaders" stutters ruin everything. Is it all because of a weak CPU or GPU or both?
Because then shaders is loaded and i play same part or cutscene again there is almost no lags. I am using Vulkan.
Any cheats or setting dont make any diffrents, i saw someone menting of sharing someone shader cache but didn't find any.

Citrus333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there.
My config is i5-6500, 16gb ram, rx-570 .Everything on SSD. Game 1.3.0 and latest Yuzu 1405 (ryujinx works even worse).
Game runs good, im ok with 30 fps, but those "building shaders" stutters ruin everything. Is it all because of a weak CPU or GPU or both?
Because then shaders is loaded and i play same part or cutscene again there is almost no lags. I am using Vulkan.
Any cheats or setting dont make any diffrents, i saw someone menting of sharing someone shader cache but didn't find any.
Both, those are extremely old and weak hardware. I'm surprised a 570 can run this game at all.
Post automatically merged:

A video from last month claiming that the particle problem was fixed in a yuzu branche,Mainline in now look still no good,Please can anyone find more information?
Asked for, RyzenDew/yuzu:P
They are not fixed, motes kinda work but usually flicker in and out of existence. Vertex explosions happen every 2 hours-ish, and character eyelids still freak out in cutscenes. All of these except motes are fixed in OpenGL, but the shader stutter and performance is much worse on OpenGL. Game is far far from perfect but much better than playing on a Switch.

Benkai_Debussy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update in case it helps anyone else - Redownloading the full game seems to have fixed the issue. I have no idea why - the new file is the exact same size as the old one, and redownloading the actual update/DLC files from different sources didn't work (and the old file worked with everything before update 1.3).

kookook

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a toggleable 60fps mod for 1.3.0?
Seems like the one from theboy181 has been updated for this version to be always on.

For me interacting with an ether channel in 60fps causes the game to freeze (the game would also sometimes get stuck after a cutscene ending in 60fps, but i have yet to test that on 1.3.0) so it would be nice to have the toggle back.

Anyway new patch and dlc in a few days so I suppose all goes out the window again anyway.

Loli-Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finnnnnnnally got around to trying to emulate X3, and... it's virtually unplayable due to how choppy it is. FPS either tanks super hard, dialogue and sounds are delayed, or both. That said, before I start even looking for setting solutions and what not, I should probably ask if it's a problem with my hardware. I run with an I7-8700k, 16GB of ram, and a 1070. While there's literally nothing up to this point that I can't play perfectly with settings maxed out even when modded I know emulation is a different beast entirely and can be excessively demanding in terms of specs these days. So is emulated X3 just too demanding and thus my hardware is an issue, or might it just be a settings thing?

CharonM72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs fine on my PC with similar specs (a bit higher), never dips below 30 fps at 1.5x resolution; if you have choppiness try using Vulkan instead of OpenGL, auto CPU accuracy and normal GPU accuracy, 60 fps mod off (it can cause cutscenes to play in slow motion when your hardware can't reliably hit 60, which yours (and mine) probably can't, along with causing crashes sometimes).

Loli-Knight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Runs fine on my PC with similar specs (a bit higher), never dips below 30 fps at 1.5x resolution; if you have choppiness try using Vulkan instead of OpenGL, auto CPU accuracy and normal GPU accuracy, 60 fps mod off (it can cause cutscenes to play in slow motion when your hardware can't reliably hit 60, which yours (and mine) probably can't, along with causing crashes sometimes).
Alrighty, I'll try some of that then. I figured it was probably my hardware since I was just running the game and emulator as-is, no mods or anything like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 14d team? So 14 guys?