ROM Hack Question Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC has been removed error

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really need help getting this save to work - I've tried for so many hours and I'm completely out of ideas. I downloaded the 100% completed save from ueess here and am constantly receiving the error "Downloadable content has been removed" and therefore cannot start the save.
I am using SX-OS version (2.4.1 BETA) on CFW 6.2.0
I have installed:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update 2.0.2
  • New Rare Blade Pack
  • Helpful Items Pack
  • Brand New Story Content Pack
  • New Challenge Mode Pack
  • New Quests Pack
  • Japanese Voice-Pack
  • Torna The Golden Country 1.0.2 update
I have used Tinfoil to install the above; I have used the gamesave from the link above as well as the "modified" one posted on page 1 of that thread by TheBootedCat. NOTHING works - I continue to get this DLC error message. I've tried deleting all game data several times and reinstalling from scratch. Screenshots attached. Please help me

Attachments

• Xenoblade1.jpg
    Xenoblade1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 618
  • Xenoblade2.jpg
    Xenoblade2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 399

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really need help getting this save to work - I've tried for so many hours and I'm completely out of ideas. I downloaded the 100% completed save from ueess here and am constantly receiving the error "Downloadable content has been removed" and therefore cannot start the save.
I am using SX-OS version (2.4.1 BETA) on CFW 6.2.0
I have installed:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update 2.0.2
  • New Rare Blade Pack
  • Helpful Items Pack
  • Brand New Story Content Pack
  • New Challenge Mode Pack
  • New Quests Pack
  • Japanese Voice-Pack
  • Torna The Golden Country 1.0.2 update
I have used Tinfoil to install the above; I have used the gamesave from the link above as well as the "modified" one posted on page 1 of that thread by TheBootedCat. NOTHING works - I continue to get this DLC error message. I've tried deleting all game data several times and reinstalling from scratch. Screenshots attached. Please help me
I don't see this one: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – My Nintendo Bonus Items] [0100E95004039006]

Also the Torna update is for the cart version, not the DLC.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this same problem before, I bought the game and DLC legit and everything screwed up when I installed the DLC NSP on a different SD card, even when it was removed. The only way I can find to fix it is just to not mess with anything, as even just installing those NSPs for the game and update and starting from the beginning can cause problems, so from experience, having a legit copy of the game and DLC with an unedited save, or and NSP copy of the game without DLC or an edited save is the only way to go.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see this one: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 [Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – My Nintendo Bonus Items] [0100E95004039006]

Also the Torna update is for the cart version, not the DLC.
Interesting, so I actually am missing a DLC? No list I found online mentioned one called "My Nintendo Bonus Items". I shall see if I can find it, install it and see if it makes a difference. Also, the Torna update is for the cart version, therefore it is unnecessary for me to use that NSP? (Torna update 1.0.2)?

I've had this same problem before, I bought the game and DLC legit and everything screwed up when I installed the DLC NSP on a different SD card, even when it was removed. The only way I can find to fix it is just to not mess with anything, as even just installing those NSPs for the game and update and starting from the beginning can cause problems, so from experience, having a legit copy of the game and DLC with an unedited save, or and NSP copy of the game without DLC or an edited save is the only way to go.

This will have to be a last resort - the DLC works fine if I begin a new save, it just acts up when I use Tinfoil to bring in the 100% save. My goal is to use that save to begin a New Game+ with the original having completed everything.

pr0dukt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the base game in .nsp format and subsequent DLC packs to work at ALL with the Torna expansion and it's update. I just error out right from the Homescreen for Game Data Corruption. Only way I can get anything to work is if I exclude the Torna Content, and NOT try to add any Edizon or Save Editor altered savefiles to the .nsp version of the game. If I run the .xci kart version, I can load the game with all DLC and Torna Expansion+update but it still won't recognize I have them installed if I attempt to load a preloaded or altered savefile that wasn't created from my switch as a 'new game'.

XC2 is just a general pain in the ass to try and play in its entirety, using any of our HB tools or exploits. It's like the game came prepared to trip us up if we tried any funny business. =\ Clever chumps.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get the base game in .nsp format and subsequent DLC packs to work at ALL with the Torna expansion and it's update. I just error out right from the Homescreen for Game Data Corruption. Only way I can get anything to work is if I exclude the Torna Content, and NOT try to add any Edizon or Save Editor altered savefiles to the .nsp version of the game. If I run the .xci kart version, I can load the game with all DLC and Torna Expansion+update but it still won't recognize I have them installed if I attempt to load a preloaded or altered savefile that wasn't created from my switch as a 'new game'.

XC2 is just a general pain in the ass to try and play in its entirety, using any of our HB tools or exploits. It's like the game came prepared to trip us up if we tried any funny business. =\ Clever chumps.

At some point, I wonder if this game (as I see it often) isn't wasting people's time more in lost opportunity than it actually costs to just buy the thing. Torna's not even particularly expensive.

Reactions: pr0dukt

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to get it working with that 100% save after a lot of hours troubleshooting it. It appears I had all the correct DLC files, however apparently some of the DLC files were outdated (I didn't know DLC could be outdated). It took a long time but I managed to locate the most up to date DLC packages and, after installing them with the latest 2.0.2 game update, it finally worked.

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Richard E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. I have a legit copy (physical cartridge) of the game, and I purchased the dlc. I no longer have access to the dlc, so I can't play my 500+ hour ng+ save. I have 6 dlc files plus the game nsp update. Can you please tell me what nsp you have installed to get your save working? What update number were they? I got 6dlc nsp's, after installing them, when I try loading my save, it says downloadable content has been removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. I have a legit copy (physical cartridge) of the game, and I purchased the dlc. I no longer have access to the dlc, so I can't play my 500+ hour ng+ save. I have 6 dlc files plus the game nsp update. Can you please tell me what nsp you have installed to get your save working? What update number were they? I got 6dlc nsp's, after installing them, when I try loading my save, it says downloadable content has been removed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karaspatula

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I managed to get it working with that 100% save after a lot of hours troubleshooting it. It appears I had all the correct DLC files, however apparently some of the DLC files were outdated (I didn't know DLC could be outdated). It took a long time but I managed to locate the most up to date DLC packages and, after installing them with the latest 2.0.2 game update, it finally worked.

Thanks for the help!

Greetings partner, could you help me? I have the same problem as you, but the language makes it difficult for me, I'm using the google translator. I do not know how to find the updated dlc, I have been searching for a few days. Thank you.

MHHuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you have a site where I can download the updated dlc's? Because I'm having the same problem so it would be nice if you could help me in any way.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a site where I can download the updated dlc's? Because I'm having the same problem so it would be nice if you could help me in any way.

That is asking for warez and that is not allowed here on GBAtemp. You will have to find those files on your own.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a bad error. For whatever reason the game forces you to start a new game if you messed around with the dlc.
I was lucky to get it working with my save file again on sysnand since i own the expansion pass. But i have to start new game on Emunand even with an xci having all dlc + update. It works fine on emulator too, but yeah these old Switch games can be a pain in the ass b/c the errors are strict to deal with could be that pirated/dumped dlc is not compatible to the retail game vice/versa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a bad error. For whatever reason the game forces you to start a new game if you messed around with the dlc.
I was lucky to get it working with my save file again on sysnand since i own the expansion pass. But i have to start new game on Emunand even with an xci having all dlc + update. It works fine on emulator too, but yeah these old Switch games can be a pain in the ass b/c the errors are strict to deal with could be that pirated/dumped dlc is not compatible to the retail game vice/versa

It should work if you have the proper files the DLC is looking for, I believe there was like 6 dlc files needed along with the update files, I got it to work when I tried it two years ago.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work if you have the proper files the DLC is looking for, I believe there was like 6 dlc files needed along with the update files, I got it to work when I tried it two years ago.
I just stumbled on this same issue mainly b/c I accidentally deleted my old super xci of this game that had been working since 2018 after I was testing it out on Yuzu emulator. Which btw is now fully playable with the latest build.
This might be a problem towards those who bought the game+dlc, but decided to use dumped dlc which our save file refuses to cooperate. So if you own everything this guide should help for future reference.
1. Make sure you have all of the official DLC downloaded from Eshop I had the Expansion pass so if you had
that you should already have them installed automatically since Torna DLC is part of that.

2. Use NXdumptool to dump all of the XC2 DLC - (you dump without tickets and remove specific console data) [ Honestly this could be the issue with some of the dlc floating around the net causing these types of errors] since the said dlc is bound to a specific switch that can only read it.

3. Now once your done dumping you can install the dlc's like normal or pack them all into 1 xci like I did (sxos user) with nscbuilder app.

4. The game should now load your save :) enjoy
Also I noticed NXdumptool did not show that I had the My Nintendo Bonus Items dlc despite having the expansion pass so I had to download that nsp from a warez. Its really not that important if you use a save editor anyway for max items.
I use my 2nd Atmosphere Switch to dump all the dlc's since my sxos switch cannot go into eshop
but now everything works on both emunand/sysnand on the sxos switch.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Artoosa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled on this same issue mainly b/c I accidentally deleted my old super xci of this game that had been working since 2018 after I was testing it out on Yuzu emulator. Which btw is now fully playable with the latest build.
This might be a problem towards those who bought the game+dlc, but decided to use dumped dlc which our save file refuses to cooperate. So if you own everything this guide should help for future reference.
1. Make sure you have all of the official DLC downloaded from Eshop I had the Expansion pass so if you had
that you should already have them installed automatically since Torna DLC is part of that.

2. Use NXdumptool to dump all of the XC2 DLC - (you dump without tickets and remove specific console data) [ Honestly this could be the issue with some of the dlc floating around the net causing these types of errors] since the said dlc is bound to a specific switch that can only read it.

3. Now once your done dumping you can install the dlc's like normal or pack them all into 1 xci like I did (sxos user) with nscbuilder app.

4. The game should now load your save :) enjoy
Also I noticed NXdumptool did not show that I had the My Nintendo Bonus Items dlc despite having the expansion pass so I had to download that nsp from a warez. Its really not that important if you use a save editor anyway for max items.
I use my 2nd Atmosphere Switch to dump all the dlc's since my sxos switch cannot go into eshop
but now everything works on both emunand/sysnand on the sxos switch.
Just wanna show my utmost thanks for this comment, I've been doing research on how to play my favorite game of all time again with the best quality since it's something I've always dreamed of doing when the game was released. This comment in particular really helped me achieve this because I forgot to dump the other small DLC packages during my initial dump, and I can finally do so after days of trial and error with figuring everything out with Yuzu, Ryu, modding, switch hacking, etc... Anyways, I hope you really enjoyed your playthrough and the game at least made some impact on you. Now, I'm about to hop in! I haven't since played 2018 when torna released, ahhh the memories...

Reactions: MasterJ360

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, what's 401k?