nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I got one doubt I haven`t seen anywhere. Let`s say I got autoRCM mode, when the console is on RCM, can I swap SD cards? Or it isn`t safe. Can somebody tell me if it`s possible to do that? I got two main SD cards and it`s a pain to swap them, so if it`s possible on RCM mode with auto enabled, that should be great.

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just wondering... does anyone know if loading backups from usb pen drives/Hard disks is on the to-do list for SX devs?

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was wondering if Linux on Switch is able to access mass storage devices attached through the USB. My dream would to just bypass all the SX OS/Horizon/whatever stuff and just launch games straight from Linux. That would make the Switch really a killer portable console.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was wondering if Linux on Switch is able to access mass storage devices attached through the USB. My dream would to just bypass all the SX OS/Horizon/whatever stuff and just launch games straight from Linux. That would make the Switch really a killer portable console.
That would be great, but unfortunately the games require things from Horizon OS. Else would be running Windows software without emulators on Linux today. But it's not the truth :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh...that's kinda strange...

In SX OS, can raw XCI games use their DLC? (after installing dlc.nsp through devmenu)
Yes because DLC is stored on the Nintendo Switch system and not on the cartridge (or .XCI file in this case). Its also why saves will work whether you play them from their original cartridge or as a .XCI file.

Reactions: Priyam

Filiab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think I'm okay to buy botw season pass in normal SW

And play it airplane in sxos environment?

Safer than devmenu, at least?

AmienZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
km-download.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
hello everyone. just received my SX pro yesterday. just having some questions before moving on the next step.

1. to use devmenu i need to be on fw 5.1, correct? which means i need to update my 4.0.1. other than being able to restore back nand backup, is there any reason to follow the no burn efuses tutorial update? i've read the tutorial and i find it very technical for me. i'd rather bite the bullet and burn the efuses by updating normally rather than bricked myself for doing something wrong.
2. i dont play online games so i have to go totally offline. other than turning on airplane mode, what else do i have to do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone. just received my SX pro yesterday. just having some questions before moving on the next step.

1. to use devmenu i need to be on fw 5.1, correct? which means i need to update my 4.0.1. other than being able to restore back nand backup, is there any reason to follow the no burn efuses tutorial update? i've read the tutorial and i find it very technical for me. i'd rather bite the bullet and burn the efuses by updating normally rather than bricked myself for doing something wrong.
2. i dont play online games so i have to go totally offline. other than turning on airplane mode, what else do i have to do?
  1. The only reason you would follow that tutorial is if you want to be able to run 4.0.1 which has access to an unreleased exploit that doesn't involve a jig and USB cable. If you do not mind having to use those 2 to load hacks, then burn the fuses. An alternative to the guide is following this procedure by a fellow SX Pro user
    GOOD NEWS! I can confirm that you can update through system settings here is what you need to do (and after I Can explain how i "safely tested this before doing it"
    0.backup nand and boot and store on pc
    1. have your sx dongle plugged in, as well as the rcm jig
    2. boot up
    3. go to system settings and start update
    4. This is key watch closely, as soon as the update is done (or just before) hold VOL +
    * you don't need to hold power just vol +
    5. the system will auto reboot and due to jig and VOL+ it will go into rcm despite not pressing power (cool right)
    6. when sx menu comes up reinstall rcm autoboot
    7. boot fcfw

You should now have 5.1 or whatever you just updated to with auto rcm protecting you and fuses intact. I compared my fuses using other payload to be sure.

oh so how I figured this out:
    I disabled rcm autoboot, and tested to make sure it wasn't there
    then while powered up I put the jib and sx pro widget in, and held power button till power menu came up and I clicked restart and immediately held vol+ and the sx menu booted up, basically proving the power button was not necessary and that all that was needed was vol+ (and pin 10 grounded) at start up or even restart. Not only that I tested this with a charger too. YOu know how when you plug in a powered off switch it turns on, so I tried it with jig and plugged into my computer while holding vol + then with tegra rcm smash loaded a payload and it worked (no power button necessary)
  2. If you don't play online games or use the eShop, I see no point in trying to avoid being banned. With DevMenu, you can install of the digital titles from the eShop anyway and you still have access to game and system updates even if you are banned. There is no reason to stay in Airplane Mode if you don't plan on going online in the first place.

Reactions: AmienZero

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a 2.3.0 Switch that I've been saving for hax. Don't care about bans because I have a second Switch for online.

Is there any point saving that 2.3.0 Switch or should I just update to 5.1.0 and use SX?

I see that I don't even need to buy the dongle and can just buy a license and use my paperclip JIG :)

AmienZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
km-download.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
  1. The only reason you would follow that tutorial is if you want to be able to run 4.0.1 which has access to an unreleased exploit that doesn't involve a jig and USB cable. If you do not mind having to use those 2 to load hacks, then burn the fuses. An alternative to the guide is following this procedure by a fellow SX Pro user
  2. If you don't play online games or use the eShop, I see no point in trying to avoid being banned. With DevMenu, you can install of the digital titles from the eShop anyway and you still have access to game and system updates even if you are banned. There is no reason to stay in Airplane Mode if you don't plan on going online in the first place.

wait what? that was way easier. how did i miss that tip? i think i'll try that tomorrow. thanks. last question. sxos autorcm or bricmiv2?

Last edited by AmienZero,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 2.3.0 Switch that I've been saving for hax. Don't care about bans because I have a second Switch for online.

Is there any point saving that 2.3.0 Switch or should I just update to 5.1.0 and use SX?

I see that I don't even need to buy the dongle and can just buy a license and use my paperclip JIG :)
Only update if you don't mind using a jig and USB cable to load hacks. Firmwares 4.1 and below have access to unreleased exploits that involve loading a webpage to use hacks.

If you must update, I recommend either following this tutorial or this procedure by another SX user.
GOOD NEWS! I can confirm that you can update through system settings here is what you need to do (and after I Can explain how i "safely tested this before doing it"
0.backup nand and boot and store on pc
1. have your sx dongle plugged in, as well as the rcm jig
2. boot up
3. go to system settings and start update
4. This is key watch closely, as soon as the update is done (or just before) hold VOL +
* you don't need to hold power just vol +
5. the system will auto reboot and due to jig and VOL+ it will go into rcm despite not pressing power (cool right)
6. when sx menu comes up reinstall rcm autoboot
7. boot fcfw

You should now have 5.1 or whatever you just updated to with auto rcm protecting you and fuses intact. I compared my fuses using other payload to be sure.

oh so how I figured this out:
I disabled rcm autoboot, and tested to make sure it wasn't there
then while powered up I put the jib and sx pro widget in, and held power button till power menu came up and I clicked restart and immediately held vol+ and the sx menu booted up, basically proving the power button was not necessary and that all that was needed was vol+ (and pin 10 grounded) at start up or even restart. Not only that I tested this with a charger too. YOu know how when you plug in a powered off switch it turns on, so I tried it with jig and plugged into my computer while holding vol + then with tegra rcm smash loaded a payload and it worked (no power button necessary)

wait what? that was way easier. how did i miss that tip? i think i'll try that tomorrow. thanks. last question. sxos autorcm or bricmiv2?
Briccmii V2 has the advantages of being able to display the number of fuses burnt as well as being able to work after a system update. TX's AutoRCM provides no advantages over briccmii V2.

Reactions: AmienZero

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Only update if you don't mind using a jig and USB cable to load hacks. Firmwares 4.1 and below have access to unreleased exploits that involve loading a webpage to use hacks.

If you must update, I recommend either following this tutorial or this procedure by another SX user.

Thanks, I've already spent the last couple of hours reading through all the posts in that upgrading with burning fuses tutorial :)

I think I know what to do now. I'll leave myself the option to downgrade to 2.3.0 and also prevent my cartridge slot from being updated.

I don't even have SX OS yet. So I'm guessing what I should do is upgrade to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, then inject the latest SX OS into RCM.

Is there anything I should grab from the eShop before I get banned? I know past consoles have benefited from having a game or something installed.

At the moment my 2.3.0 Switch has never been online

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I've already spent the last couple of hours reading through all the posts in that upgrading with burning fuses tutorial :)

I think I know what to do now. I'll leave myself the option to downgrade to 2.3.0 and also prevent my cartridge slot from being updated.

I don't even have SX OS yet. So I'm guessing what I should do is upgrade to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, then inject the latest SX OS into RCM.

Is there anything I should grab from the eShop before I get banned? I know past consoles have benefited from having a game or something installed.

At the moment my 2.3.0 Switch has never been online
Unfortunately, you cannot use SX OS and prevent your cartridge slot from being update because SX OS does not support the custom module that breaks the cartridge slot in the first place. However, if you plan to use SX OS, it seems redundant to save the cartridge slot since it can play backups.

As long as your account is not banned, you can actually download stuff from the eShop even if your console is banned. Below is the exact process.
Ok this might be good to note;
A console eshop ban sucks BUT downloading games from the eshop is still possible without any tricks and through normal Nintendo ways;

1 - Just purchase the game you want through your pc using your Nintendo ID on the Nintendo eshop.
2 - Then on your banned Switch; Go to your user/profile (left top of screen)
3 - Go to User Settings and select, Update Download Progress
And voila your game will still download to your console just fine. (have tried this with 3 titles just to be sure)

No Console ehsop access my ass :D

Reactions: PatrickD85

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately, you cannot use SX OS and prevent your cartridge slot from being update because SX OS does not support the custom module that breaks the cartridge slot in the first place. However, if you plan to use SX OS, it seems redundant to save the cartridge slot since it can play backups.

As long as your account is not banned, you can actually download stuff from the eShop even if your console is banned. Below is the exact process.

Damn, yes I just got up to the part about SX OS not supporting the custom module in the upgrade tutorial thread :)

I'm only planning to use SX OS because I'm impatient. Had this Switch sitting around not being used for months and only just started looking into CFW and homebrew yesterday.

I wasn't going to get SX OS, but then I saw you can just buy a licence and inject the payload from RCM without buying the dongle, so I thought I might have a play with it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it