Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For SX usage only, no. If you want to use Atmosphere in the future without a jig and USB cable, there is an unreleased softmod for 4.1 that may come out sometime after its completion.

I have looked at some info about Atmosphere, but is it expected to have any substantial features over SX, or basically the same as SX but just free? And is Atmosphere supposed to have some benefit to being on 4.1 vs 5+ OFW?

Isaac_ssbm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have looked at some info about Atmosphere, but is it expected to have any substantial features over SX, or basically the same as SX but just free? And is Atmosphere supposed to have some benefit to being on 4.1 vs 5+ OFW?
Staying on 4.1.0 brings the benefit that the cfw will be untethered. I think it’s called coldboot. With SX you always need the dongle while entering RCM.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Staying on 4.1.0 brings the benefit that the cfw will be untethered. I think it’s called coldboot. With SX you always need the dongle while entering RCM.
that's not correct. it's supposed to get warmboot on 4.1 at some point though not at launch. which means you'll probably have to go through the web browser to launch the payload. It's probably faster to just put the dongle in to launch sx os. as far as features we don't know what features will come with atmosphere at launch other than homebrew. too early to really know specifics.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,
Reactions: Isaac_ssbm

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, that would be a great function to have in place. So at this time, i'm not desperate to update and there's plenty of stuff I have on 4.1 and below. Is there a negative to running SX OS on 4.1 for now until Atmosphere gets developed further, or is there anything that running SX will do to break future Atmosphere usage? (besides the possible SX bricking concerns happening at the moment)

Isaac_ssbm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that would be a great function to have in place. So at this time, i'm not desperate to update and there's plenty of stuff I have on 4.1 and below. Is there a negative to running SX OS on 4.1 for now until Atmosphere gets developed further, or is there anything that running SX will do to break future Atmosphere usage? (besides the possible SX bricking concerns happening at the moment)
I don’t think there’s any problem if you use SX until atmosphere gets released. I’ll do the same thing as soon as my SX Pro arrives. There are so many great games which are compatible with 4.1.0 so I won’t have a reason to upgrade anytime soon.
Afaik the only thing that changes something is the autoRCM feature that SX offers. And I’m not sure if uninstalling autoRCM reverts the changes.
But you should be fine to use SX in the meantime. Also I read the brick code should not affect us since we bought SX and have a valid license.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere will have EmuNAND that TX has said they will be working on. Without EmuNAND, people risk getting banned when they go online using SX OS. With EmuNAND, you can go online in one NAND without hacks to never get banned while using the other NAND completely offline with hacks. Atmosphere will also have sig patching for everything whereas TX only uses sig patches for their backup loader which emulates cartridges. This can be useful for installing games or even homebrew similar to the 3DS. However, the arguably biggest benefit to Atmosphere over SX OS is the ability to boot it without a jig and USB cable. Your firmware needs to be 4.1 or lower for this, but there are some shortcomings to using a jig or even using AutoRCM that can be mitigated with another exploit. Of course, if you prefer leaving your console in sleep mode the entire time, then that difference is meaningless.

Reactions: Isaac_ssbm
D

Deleted User

Is it Possible to activate the sx Pro offline. Because someone told me ist not possible because the license is on the dongle. Is there a way to activate it offline because i didnt want to go online.

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

meiersas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got finally my SX Pro
im on 5.1.0 atm, but Mario Tennis Aces ask me to Update if i want to start the game
If i Update, what will be updating and can i do it without any Problems?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got finally my SX Pro
im on 5.1.0 atm, but Mario Tennis Aces ask me to Update if i want to start the game
If i Update, what will be updating and can i do it without any Problems?
Its a game update because you're already on the latest firmware. You can update it but there is a slight risk of getting banned when you do, even if you use OFW. Getting banned will only affect your ability to go online and use the eShop on the Switch, not your ability to download game and system updates.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bought sx os and started my selfban. i currently have a rawnand backup from before sx os and thats it. tested one game. is there anything else i should do to keep myself as future proof as possible? currently on 4.1

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a game update because you're already on the latest firmware. You can update it but there is a slight risk of getting banned when you do, even if you use OFW. Getting banned will only affect your ability to go online and use the eShop on the Switch, not your ability to download game and system updates.
So, currently, it's not safe to go online just to update the the xci game files? Even with a dummy account? I guess for now i'll wait til theres a way to download updates elsewhere. For now, I'll just enjoy my backups :)

Derpster25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am on SX OS 1.2 but wolfenstein does not show up in my albums. All my other games work, any ideas? Tried 3 different xci downloads.

Also noticed that when I use XCIment to rename, it says invalid header.

I updated to 1.2 by dropping the new boot.dat (last modified 6/24) into my sd and replaced the old one (modified 6/21).
Its probably a type 3 game cart make sure you are on the latest sxos version.

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its probably a type 3 game cart make sure you are on the latest sxos version.

You mean type 2, there is no type 3........yet.

Others have reported Wolfenstein working just fine with the latest sxos so your xci's were either bad before you downloaded them, corrupted during download or you tinkered with them (trimmed/renamed etc) and screwed them up yourself (XCIment reporting 'invalid header' is a clue there)

Derpster25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You mean type 2, there is no type 3........yet.

Others have reported Wolfenstein working just fine with the latest sxos so your xci's were either bad before you downloaded them, corrupted during download or you tinkered with them (trimmed/renamed etc) and screwed them up yourself (XCIment reporting 'invalid header' is a clue there)
Oh okay my mistake. i am going to try downloading wofenstein and seeing if i get the same error.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also does anyone know how to spit .nsp eshop titles so i can fit them on my fat32 sdcard i am using sxos and devmenu

saito1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a TX SX can I continue my original cart games with the ones that I load from the SX OS?
Are saved games compatible?

Tere Valentin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um I was looking thru lists of xci games to try out and I keep seeing "rev 001" and rev 002". what does that mean? is it the type of physical cartridge the game-dumps came from?
Probly a dumb question, but it's the first time I've ever seen rev 1 and 2.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a TX SX can I continue my original cart games with the ones that I load from the SX OS?
Are saved games compatible?
Yes your save data will, SX OS plays like a cart would.
Um I was looking thru lists of xci games to try out and I keep seeing "rev 001" and rev 002". what does that mean? is it the type of physical cartridge the game-dumps came from?
Probly a dumb question, but it's the first time I've ever seen rev 1 and 2.
Means a newer revision of the game that comes with a game update already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee