Hacking Xecuter SX FAQ - Finally!

yeahOmgWtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haiti
I dont get it?
Even with this haxxxxx, you seem to need the usb dongle to boot? If I run out of battery or happen to reboot the device "on teh road", I'm screwed if I didn't bring, or lost the dongle?

Why cant we have a system where we place the CFW on the sd-card, and then just tell the bootloader/bootrom to boot the CFW off the sdcard?
HAXX! YEAH!

naitsa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At this moment the biggest question for me is if this comes with a way to dumb the legitimate game carts you already own. I mean...thats what this device is "officially" meant for and im seriously planning to backup my carts, so it would be a shame if thats not possible.

edit:/ is there any info on this somewhere? Looked for it but didnt find anything.

Last edited by naitsa,

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder, do all games need to be cxi to work? Sounds like it. What do we do with the old istorage releases then? Do they need cxi proper?
The correct format is .XCI (Switch Cart Image) or .NSP for eShop games (Nintendo Submission Package), and yes, all files must be in this format.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this moment the biggest question for me is if this comes with a way to dumb the legitimate game carts you already own. I mean...thats what this device is "officially" meant for and im seriously planning to backup my carts, so it would be a shame if thats not possible.

edit:/ is there any info on this somewhere? Looked for it but didnt find anything.
There will be some homebrew app or payload sure enough to dump your own carts.

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how much space the OS will take up on an SD card? I remember reading Atmosphere requires at least 32gb
pretty sure its a minimum card requirement of 32, but it wont even be hosted on the sd card. just like all the other payloads, its sent from pc (and/or *from the dongle) to the switch.

Last edited by uzi,

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know what you think tethering means, but if you look up the word you'll realize your using it wrongly in this situation.

I might not be a native speaker.
But you can be sure, that i know what tethering in the context of information technologies means.

The noun "tether" means something like rope, but the verb "to tether" means binding/connecting.
In information technologies that word described internet connection sharing by connecting a smartphone to a pc. That does't need wires, ropes, cables... Yes, even bluetooth tethering is still tethering.

In context of exploiting, "tethering" was formerly used to describe iphone jailbreaks using a pc/dongle
https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Tethered_jailbreak

You are missing that a word can have multiple meaning.
Obviously i'm NOT talking about tethering animals.
Maybe you can look it up by yourself
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/tethering

As a sidenote: I've studied informatics

Last edited by MHDestination,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tethering, by definition involves a rope or a cable in the middle of two devices. Sure, you can use a cellphone and that is pretty portable, but that requires the JIG and messing around with apps to get the Switch booted correctly. I rather just plug something in and go. Much more easier and convenient. I don't understand why people are complaining about the use of a Dongle when the use of another device is much more involved and takes more time. Either way you have to have a device plugged into your Switch.
In this context "tethered to" simply means "dependant upon" whether that be a PC, phone or dongle. The dongle is clearly the most convenient out of those. However, anyone who wants total convenience should probably wait to see what the soldered modchip is going to be like.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that they have Nintendo Labo on there considering you can't do anything without the cardboard. Buying all that cardboard from Nintendo cost almost as much as buying the entire kit!

your narrow mind failed to think of the possibility of someone might want to back up games they already own

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your narrow mind failed to think of the possibility of someone might want to back up games they already own

If that's the case, why is this nothing but a big list of BigBlueBox game dumps? If you were backing up your own games, you wouldn't need a LIST of games, you'd have the game already

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In this context "tethered to" simply means "dependant upon" whether that be a PC, phone or dongle. The dongle is clearly the most convenient out of those. However, anyone who wants total convenience should probably wait to see what the soldered modchip is going to be like.

If the soldered method is simply an internal implementation of the dongle, then I'm assuming it'll basically be a flex cable connected to the USB-C pins, which could be a real pain to solder. Or it could just be wired to test points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.