Hardware Xbox One X worth upgrading to?

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can pick up the Gears 5 1TB bundle for around £400 (£300 if I trade in my One S), I’m curious is anyone here thinks it’s worth upgrading from an S to an X or whether the upgrade is minimal?

I have a library of games for the Xbone I don't have on the PC/PS4 and I do have a UHD TV.

How much of a difference does it make to 360 games?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of any additional upgraded graphics that exist for Xbox 360 games when upgrading. There could be I'm just not aware of it.

I personally think spend that money on something else, but that is just my opinion. If the enhancement is worth it to you it's your money go for it.

But I never upgrade consoles I just don't believe in it I think it's a scam. One console brand per generation is my policy.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
It sounds like you have a gaming PC and PS4? If so I'd vote no, any new XBOne exclusives could be played on the gaming PC with possibly better performance.

Save the money and put it towards a PS5 or new Xbox next year.

tech3475

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not aware of any additional upgraded graphics that exist for Xbox 360 games when upgrading. There could be I'm just not aware of it.

I personally think spend that money on something else, but that is just my opinion. If the enhancement is worth it to you it's your money go for it.

But I never upgrade consoles I just don't believe in it I think it's a scam. One console brand per generation is my policy.

It sounds like you have a gaming PC and PS4? If so I'd vote no, any new XBOne exclusives could be played on the gaming PC with possibly better performance.

Save the money and put it towards a PS5 or new Xbox next year.

I read casually that there is some improvement to 360 games.

I currently plan to skip the first lot of consoles next year, instead wait for the inevitable 'enhanced' variants like we saw with the Pro/X, perhaps even skipping the Xbox entirely depending on circumstances. There are however some things I have on the Xbone which I don't want/can't get on the PC/PS4.

I may also put the console in my Bedroom this winter, a different room to the PC, etc. Where I may play more.

But the issue I have is simply whether it's actually worth it gaming wise over the S.

Shadowth117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read casually that there is some improvement to 360 games.

I currently plan to skip the first lot of consoles next year, instead wait for the inevitable 'enhanced' variants like we saw with the Pro/X, perhaps even skipping the Xbox entirely depending on circumstances. There are however some things I have on the Xbone which I don't want/can't get on the PC/PS4.

I may also put the console in my Bedroom this winter, a different room to the PC, etc. Where I may play more.

But the issue I have is simply whether it's actually worth it gaming wise over the S.

Wikipedia has a list of games that are enhanceable on Xbone X actually. I'd link it, but since I can't post those yet as a new member, googling "List of Xbox One X enhanced games" will give you some charts saying what has what.

There's a good few 360 games here that can be run in 4K, 60 fps, etc. I would definitely check the list before and see if there's things you want before upgrading though, especially considering the limitations on compatibility as it is.

Reactions: tech3475

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-