Xbox One X announced

ss+(2017-06-11+at+04.04.50).jpg

Phil Spencer calls the console "the most powerful console ever made". Featuring 6 teraflops of GPU power and 12 gigabytes of memory, the console is designed to run games in 4K HDR including 4K Bluray playback. It will feature compatibility with all Xbox One accessories and games, running even older games at 4K, using supersampling and anisotropic filtering to make the games look better on 4K as well as 1080p TVs. The system will be liquid-cooled as well. It is also the smallest Xbox yet. The system is set to launch worldwide on November 7th. The price will be $499 USD.

:arrow: Source: LIVE Xbox Briefing on YouTube

Last edited by endoverend,

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there going to be any games that actually run natively in 4k or are they all just going to be upresed 1080? Cause they're pushing the 4k thing really hard but I find it hard to believe it can truly run 4k games at a reasonable price.
500 USD ain't reasonable lmao

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched the live stream with my kids and we were all very excited!
A wide variety of games, many exclusives, most play on both pc and xbox..it all sounds great to us!
I have never seen anything on the sony console(s) that would ever make me think of purchasing one, but that is just me.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched the live stream with my kids and we were all very excited!
A wide variety of games, many exclusives, most play on both pc and xbox..it all sounds great to us!
I have never seen anything on the sony console(s) that would ever make me think of purchasing one, but that is just me.
I'd say the draw of playstation is that it has exclusives that aren't available on pc without buying expensive Xbox consoles, and it has bloodborne which is competing with BotW for best exclusive of the last generation.

Reactions: RustInPeace

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the draw of playstation is that it has exclusives that aren't available on pc without buying expensive Xbox consoles, and it has bloodborne which is competing with BotW for best exclusive of the last generation.

I think too the price. A powerful console in PS4 Pro for $399, if I'm not mistaken, and this is $100 more. I wonder if this console will actually deliver, because it could go for PS4 Pro where while it's powerful, there wasn't ready-made upgrades for existing games, and the upgrades were rather nominal to current games. With this console I'm surprised by the size being smaller. I may buy this, but as said, PS4 beats out in console exclusives, and really only a few games on Xbox One come to mind as wanting to play. Namely, Rare Replay and now the Dragon Ball Fighter Z game.

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think the same could be said for xbox, yes? It has exclusives (that play on both xbox and pc) that aren't available on expensive sony consoles.

I guess I never really pay attention and just assume all the great games are available on all the big consoles..

Ok, I watched the bloodborne trailer.. ANOTHER first person shooter, yay.

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont saw the thing but this is a PS4 Pro but in XBOX right? I mean no new games than u cant play in a XBOXONE. Its a little expensive...

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the same could be said for xbox, yes? It has exclusives (that play on both xbox and pc) that aren't available on expensive sony consoles.

I guess I never really pay attention and just assume all the great games are available on all the big consoles..

Ok, I watched the bloodborne trailer.. ANOTHER first person shooter, yay.
But they are on Xbox and PC, and everyone owns a pc. No need to get an xbox. PS exclusives are only on PS. And bloodborne isnt first person or a shooter?

Reactions: invaderyoyo

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they are on Xbox and PC, and everyone owns a pc. No need to get an xbox. PS exclusives are only on PS.

I guess.. All I know is we are happy with our PCs and xbox one..

And bloodborne isnt first person or a shooter?

The 'gameplay' video I saw showed a guy running around swinging an axe, so I guess technically a third person..?
I didn't finish the video, it looked like so many others of that genre..

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The 'gameplay' video I saw showed a guy running around swinging an axe, so I guess technically a third person..?
Trust me Bloodborne is unique. The only games that compare to it are the other 4 "Souls" games, if you haven't played those, then boy, are you missing out.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not a shooter at all. You have a gun, but it's more for parrying. I never used it much.

Reactions: Stephano

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people care what the name of it is? Anyway... it's a buy for me. I'm in the market for a 4K Blu-Ray player, so I'm just getting the superior version of the XBone as a bonus. Especially because I never bought any previous version of the XBone.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wtf, is this the same thing as Scorpio? MS gonna fuck themselves by confusing people.

This thing is gorgeous! Sleek, modern and powerful. Fuck Microsoft you might of won E3.
Costly hardware that's still weaker than a gaming PC and still no exclusives worth a damn. I don't think Sony is shaking in their boots.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.