Xbox One S Controller with Win 7?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Cody090909, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Cody090909
    OP

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Here
    Hello all, I just bought an Xbox One S controller, and wanted to connect it to my win 7 pc. I have the driver for Xbox One controllers for windows 7 that was hidden somewhere, and my wired one works fine. I tried connecting the s controller through blue tooth, and it connects fine, but when installing the drivers, it cannot find one for "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". Any idea where I could find a driver to support the Bluetooth connection? I know I could upgrade to win 10, but I really don't want to yet. Any ideas?

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You need to go into devices and printers, find the controller, and force it to use that driver manually (at least, if it works the same for XBox controllers as it does for Wii Remotes)

3. Cody090909
    OP

Cody090909 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2015
    United States
    Here
    That didn't work, but I found a brokenish fix. IF you install toshiba's Bluetooth drivers, it connects fine, but it is recognized as a dinput controller, so the button mapping is off and no xinput features work. Does anyone know how to force a dinput controller to use xinput drivers?

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Use Xbox 360 Controller Emulator.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.