Does anyone know how to colorize GameBoy games

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rabbid4240
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,604
  • Replies Replies 5

Rabbid4240

i dont know
Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2018
Messages
1,144
Reaction score
1,880
Trophies
2
Age
38
Location
your mom
XP
4,393
Country
United States
How do you colorize GameBoy games? Like what they did with Super Mario Land 2. Does it involve breaking down the ROM and converting it to a GBC game or something?
 
One game i'd want colorized is The Little Mermaid. (I know it was on the Nes, but i keep trying all the pallets and none of them are good if you play it on the game boy color)
 
Last edited by emptyspotlight,
You can do that with Reshade in a jank way with color replacement.
I know some games have patches for older games to update the graphics
You could also try shaders and other effects.
I like shaders are the way to go, but I'm not sure how well they work on 2d games.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted