Hardware Xbox one question

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does Xbox One need to be jailbreaket for to use PPSSPP and Dolphine?
What about retroarch?
I'm getting Xbox One on Thursday and this would be my first Xbox beside Xbox 360.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you cant interact with any game or app installed into dev mode, it is entirely sandboxed. For example, if you want to install retroarch, you can while using dev mode, but all of your games and apps previously installed will disappear (not uninstall, just they wont appear). To play your retail games, you need to exit dev mode, then retroarch will disappear from the system...

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, all save progress is synced automatically into the cloud for free, especially with play anywhere titles such as Forza Horizon 3 and 4 which you can start on PC and play where you left off on console and vice versa. If you want to transfer a 360 save, you can if you choose the option to store your saves in the cloud (on the 360 console) and when you enter the game on the Xbox One, it will download your progress there. You dont need to worry about requiring internet connection, the console works fine without it and if you get connected again, your saves are automatically synced, the only limit is achievements, you can store only 50 achievements offline (and again, they pop once you are connected again if you unlocked them offline), unlike 360 which you could unlock achievements regardless if you were online or not, the issue is that there were people selling hacked savegames to unlock achievements offline. This is because of Microsoft Rewards. Making certain tasks such as an achievement on any game per day, an achievement on a Game Pass game and many more you gain points to redeem for money in the account to purchase downloadable content, subscriptions and donations. In my case I bought many things using just Rewards points, such as DLC for The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts and Forza or even full games like I bought Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes last month and Onrush a while ago.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!