Hardware Xbox one question

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does Xbox One need to be jailbreaket for to use PPSSPP and Dolphine?
What about retroarch?
I'm getting Xbox One on Thursday and this would be my first Xbox beside Xbox 360.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you cant interact with any game or app installed into dev mode, it is entirely sandboxed. For example, if you want to install retroarch, you can while using dev mode, but all of your games and apps previously installed will disappear (not uninstall, just they wont appear). To play your retail games, you need to exit dev mode, then retroarch will disappear from the system...

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, all save progress is synced automatically into the cloud for free, especially with play anywhere titles such as Forza Horizon 3 and 4 which you can start on PC and play where you left off on console and vice versa. If you want to transfer a 360 save, you can if you choose the option to store your saves in the cloud (on the 360 console) and when you enter the game on the Xbox One, it will download your progress there. You dont need to worry about requiring internet connection, the console works fine without it and if you get connected again, your saves are automatically synced, the only limit is achievements, you can store only 50 achievements offline (and again, they pop once you are connected again if you unlocked them offline), unlike 360 which you could unlock achievements regardless if you were online or not, the issue is that there were people selling hacked savegames to unlock achievements offline. This is because of Microsoft Rewards. Making certain tasks such as an achievement on any game per day, an achievement on a Game Pass game and many more you gain points to redeem for money in the account to purchase downloadable content, subscriptions and donations. In my case I bought many things using just Rewards points, such as DLC for The Witcher 3, Kingdom Hearts and Forza or even full games like I bought Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes last month and Onrush a while ago.

Last edited by Codemastershock,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all