Xbox One also suffering some failures

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my original XBOX (if i can find the power/AV cords) I had no problems or heard of any flaws back in the day (btw am willing to do anything to softmod the bitch)

Yeah, that thing is a tank. I still use my launch window Xbox almost daily as a media player. Only time it ever gives me a problem is if the modchip comes loose (which, because it's solder free it does maybe once every two years). 5 mins to readjust it and back in business.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have mechassault?
no the only game i could find is Fable (original edition all my other cases are missing the disc and i do not have any of the exploitable games btw where is a good place (online I guess besides ebay) to get XBOX games?

At least this didn't happen to it:
I see hardware issues in that thing's future.

either a that guy has anger issues or b he's a microsoft or nintendo fanboy who the fuck would waste $400 and destroy the thing he bought?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some failures are normal it is pretty much the whole reason for a warranty, so some unlucky bastard doesn't buy 3 of product X and be out money all 3 times. If everything worked perfectly every time you wouldn't need a warranty....

That being said if it exceeds "some failures" ala the RROD on the launch 360's (Some crazy high failure rate in the first 24 months from what I understand.) that's when people should keep a close eye on things.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Xbox One or the PS4 failure rates, I don't think any company wants a repeat of having to offer multi year warranties and 3-4 systems in a row to the same person. (how could you make money on that?)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either a that guy has anger issues or b he's a microsoft or nintendo fanboy who the fuck would waste $400 and destroy the thing he bought?

Like earlier people said (and me), mostly for entertainment issues or just being stupid. Or (I'll throw this out there) his girlfriend had just broken up with him and left the PS4 with him.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what was the PS3 (FAT) failure rate compaired to the slim's?

Fable+GTA=Fable 4 considering fable 3 was Industrial Revolution era in Albion I think this would be fitting

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The Wii had a failure rate of like 3% and that was mainly due to switching to dual layered games and anyone with a Wii that had that problem was replaced for free.

Still, the Blue Slot Light of Death is a real thing. Launch Wii's fried their own GPU's, it's well-documented but not really talked about. :P

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty high, actually. Are you sure about that?

Yeah... SquareTrade reported that within the first two years the Xbox 360 had 24%, PS3 had 10%, and Wii had 3% failure rates. So almost 1 in 4 owners of an Xbox 360 had a problem within the first two years. I have a friend in college that has gone through 3 Xbox 360s since launch already. He brought when they did an "upgrade" and now he has the S

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So does mine and so do some launch PS3's/360's, but "your own and your friend's" example is completely anecdotal evidence. :P

When you actually compare real data it doesn't lie so in other words Microsoft had the highest failure rates and Nintendo had the lowest. I rather use real facts than "he say, she say".

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hearing this makes me laugh. I love how Microsoft sarcastically congratulated Sony's launch with some defective PS4 systems, now they're failing with the xbone.

Where's Sonys sarcastic congratulation message? Hmm, I don't see one.
Sony is the better company

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i just got a 4070ti
    oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap
    and now with the rtx video upscaling, and sdr->hdr conversion, even more reason to go nvidia
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tandem even