Xbox Cloud Gaming comes to Fire TV devices

Yay, latency!

Microsoft and Amazon have partnered to bring Xbox Cloud Gaming to Amazon Fire TV devices in July of this year.

Included as part of the $15 per month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sub. The new service allows users to stream hundreds of games without an Xbox console.

The service will initially be available in regions where the Cloud Gaming service currently operates on both the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and 4K Max models, with possible future support for the Fire Stick Lite. Users will also need a Bluetooth Xbox Series X/S controller.

This news comes shortly after it was disclosed that Microsoft halted development on a standalone dedicated cloud streaming console named Project Keystone.

:arrow: Source

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon's tablets are great budget Android tablets, but once they switch, I don't see myself buying another one running their new OS.

People will really have to be into Amazon's ecosystem to make use of it. I can't stand the Amazon apps or their shitty app store.

I doubt they'd switch the tablets over to the new OS, considering it would obliterate their app store.

On the Fire TV side though, where streaming is the primary focus along with Alexa support, it may in theory be more plausible as long as the main providers switch over. After all Roku does still exist.

Although to be clear I'm not saying I'd like the transition, especially on the moderately better hardware like the 4K and Max where I use Kodi/Mr MC to stream on LAN.
Post automatically merged:

My comment isn't meant to be taken seriously, I just hate Amazon products

You might want to consider using something like "/s", an emoticon, etc. on such comments in the future to make it more clear.

Your comment comes across as 'relatively normal' and even among users, Amazon has received criticism for things like 8GB storage and recent 'for the worse' changes to Fire OS which has caused people to want to jump ship to other hardware such as the ONN line.

Last edited by tech3475,

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
microsoft might as well pack it in with the xbox you don't even need one anymore. xbox is failing, sony is bringing all their games to pc soon it will only be nintendo remaking the same shit games over and over on dated hardware. console gaming is definitely dying.

better build/get yourself a good gaming pc if you haven't already
Most gamers are casual gamers. Buying a fancy new PC, a fancy new monitor, tweaking settings and configurations. If all you play is 2-3 games, buying a console that works out of the box, that includes a controller you don't have to set up and works with your TV, is the way to go. Most people don't care about better frame rates or the graphical fidelity of PC versions. They just want to play the new shooter or the new EA sports title.

Meanwhile the switch sells great. Why move on with new hardware if people are still buying the current?

Reactions: 6adget and BigOnYa

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"The service will initially be available... on both the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K and 4K Max models"

Not exactly. It will be available on the LATEST versions of those models, which are the Fire TV Stick 4K 2nd Gen (2023) and Fire TV Stick 4K Max 2nd Gen (2023).

Everyone with a Fire TV Stick 4K 1st Gen (2018) or Fire TV Stick 4K Max 1st Gen (2021) will be out of luck as of now.

Reactions: 6adget and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mortal Kombat style.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There is a mortal Kombat that has the characters iirc but a more mazy type would be fun
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yes, chasing people around complex terrain would be fun.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Freddy Krueger would chase them through weird surreal dreamscapes, Jason would chase them around the lake.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could even add teleporters like gta style when Freddy wants to make Jason his bitch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rumors keep dipping around about a new Freddy movie but I'm pretty sure Robert England is retired at this point
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Teleportation is a must, your speed would always be lower than the victims because both those fuckers prefer to saunter than to run.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    If you teleport to the wrong location the victims escape.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Just gonna teleport in front of them and... FUCK THEY DUCKED INTO AN ALLEY INSTEAD OF RUNNING STRAIGHT AND NOW THEY'RE GONE"
    +1
  • NovaStellaSolaris @ NovaStellaSolaris:
    Whats with all the dead filetrip links, are they left up in tribute or something? Was that like yalls D-day
  • Veho @ Veho:
    And what's the deal with airline food?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast food sucks lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good morning
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @NovaStellaSolaris, Not all of them have been archived yet
    sorry, im not very good at jokes lol
    yeah they definitely aren't all on internet archive its been pretty hit and miss finding stuff
    who knows if IA will be around much longer either
    though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @NovaStellaSolaris, They are on Internet Archive, its just that not all of the archived links are up here.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've heard about the situation IA was in but they're going to be still around regardless.
    before this recent stuff happened google was throwing around the idea of buying them out and presumably monetizing it. there would be a ton of stuff they would immediately take down too.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "Internet archive (of corporation-friendly things)"
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Buy our advertizing space.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Your archived website will load after these messages.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Upgrade to Archive Premium?
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Upgrade to Archive Premium? +1