Xbox 360 successor codename: "Ten/Loop"

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 5,635
  • Replies 54
D

Deleted_171835

OP

On the latest Windows Weekly podcast, a rumour was mentioned claiming that the next Xbox will be announced on CES 2012. Some other rumoured details about the next-gen console mentioned in the podcast are shown below,

- Codenamed TEN, is all about Metro, embedded Silverlight and an Apple-like integration with Windows and Windows Phone

- The dashboard preview is supposedly this week (tomorrow?) and will include the Bing search integration, Live TV hooks and more

While the credibility of this source is dubious, it is worth noting that the host of this podcast, Paul Thurrott is known for being well-versed in aspects concerning Microsoft. We'll find out whether this is true or not at CES 2012, which starts in two months.

icon11.gif
Source

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy if the next console could play all xbox originals and 360 originals. As well as install them without needing the disc.

Considering this is just "codename" stuff, the product could potentially be released in another 4 years, thus making the 360s lifespan 10 years.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i wonder how many rings they've allocated this time... more rings to go red?

seriously, i've never gotten the point of making an expensive hardware that fries itself... sure, it has pretty games, but man, the meltdowns are ridiculous.

if they finally figured out how to not make their hardware melt like wax, maybe i'll be able to consider this iteration of the Xbox as feasible.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy if the next console could play all xbox originals and 360 originals. As well as install them without needing the disc.
That will never happen for copyright reasons. If it didn't need the disc, you'd be able to install the game to hard-drive then trade the game in. Or rent a game from Blockbuster GameFly or RedBox and install it and keep it forever. It'll never happen.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wonder how many rings they've allocated this time... more rings to go red?

seriously, i've never gotten the point of making an expensive hardware that fries itself... sure, it has pretty games, but man, the meltdowns are ridiculous.

if they finally figured out how to not make their hardware melt like wax, maybe i'll be able to consider this iteration of the Xbox as feasible.

Huh? Oh, sup mr. 2009? How you've been?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...