• Views 5,643
  • Replies 54

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
On Xbox Live, I'm paying for the quality and security of the system. My money pays for employees to manage issues and prevent attacks and ban hackers.
(In reality, I'm not paying at all though. My Gold ran out in May and is still going strong.)
Sounds good, but does it really do that? How is the hacking on there?
In my time of playing Black Ops, Halo: Reach, and Battlefield 3, I've hardly ever run into hackers, and Xbox Live downtimes have been very minimal, nor have my or my friends accounts been hacked.

Could the same be said of PS3? Haha, no.
You look pretty confident that Xbox LIVE is untouchable.

Here's a recent one and it's one word too: FIFA.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Xbox Live, I'm paying for the quality and security of the system. My money pays for employees to manage issues and prevent attacks and ban hackers.
(In reality, I'm not paying at all though. My Gold ran out in May and is still going strong.)
In my time of playing Black Ops, Halo: Reach, and Battlefield 3, I've hardly ever run into hackers, and Xbox Live downtimes have been very minimal, nor have my or my friends accounts been hacked.

You'll have to be more specific. I don't quite get you.

And believe me, I know there are exploits, I'm pointing more to the fact that their exploits (the other definition) do not affect the general populace as much.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are clearly biased. The online system for Wii and 3DS is great but not as integrated as xbox360.
Call of Duty for wii works great online and so do many other games.
3DS clearly has more potential.

The Wii online system is terrible. I mean the original Xbox had better online.

Call of Duty on the Wii works half as well as it does on any other console. Less players, no voice chat, less maps, smaller user base. It works, but it's certainly not as good as the other versions.

If the Wii online system is "great", then the Xbox 360 online system is Jesus Christ reincarnated.

EDIT: Oh yeah, let's not even start on cheating. People say it ruined Mario Kart, The Conduit, a whole list of things. I'm sure you can cheat on Xbox Live but out of all the time I've used it, I've never met a single cheater.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
You are clearly biased. The online system for Wii and 3DS is great but not as integrated as xbox360.
Call of Duty for wii works great online and so do many other games.
3DS clearly has more potential.
EDIT: Oh yeah, let's not even start on cheating. People say it ruined Mario Kart, The Conduit, a whole list of things. I'm sure you can cheat on Xbox Live but out of all the time I've used it, I've never met a single cheater.
Yeah, the rampant cheating pretty much destroyed any hope of me playing online with my Wii. While there are some cases of cheating on Xbox Live, Microsoft is able to ban people. With the Wii, there is no way to ban players unless companies make their own online system.

zarcastro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Here's a PS3 AKA a Welfare console/system,recent one and its one word logic: PSN,Trolls >_>.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Xbox successor was the Xbox 360...

*cough* What mistake?
THIS
rrodboxtan.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever thinks it is called Ten is certainly out of the Loop.

I think Microsoft really needs to work on their codenames; they just aren't exciting enough. How about Operation Bananarama?

D

Deleted-220713

OP
It transmits the rrod to your WP7 and Windows PC. :P

And yeah, probably never gonna buy this.
Not unless Live is free.

EugeneSalvador

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just when I was thinking of buying Kinect.

However the features alone of this "Loop" makes me wanna stop thinking about Kinect and saving the bucks for this console. (If it's true.)

This should get interesting....

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It transmits the rrod to your WP7 and Windows PC. :P

And yeah, probably never gonna buy this.
Not unless Live is free.

Live is free, though. Gold, on the other hand (And that's just going by the console service)...

Forgoing live just because it costs money for the premium service isn't really an all that great idea. It is the best online service because it costs money; a lot of it goes to building and maintaining the infrastructure that makes playing your favorite games online possible. Even Sony, with what was supposed to be an entirely free online service, has started to charge for "Premium Membership" for exactly this reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM