• Replies 54

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
This has got to be fake.
Reason:I have heard on microsoft forums it will be called the "Nextbox" or the more user friendly name of "TED".
It will be able to go to low earth orbit and spy on your friends trophies.
It comes with 1GB RAM, and a 640x480 super kinect able to count your eyebrow hairs and animate them individually.
Each TED has 3 modes: "On" "Off" and a mystery 3rd option that just says "Auto RROD Fix"
jk

Ten?
Uhmm 10x the power of the 360. I don't know.

Highly unlikely but I would to see how outrageous that would be.

I think you will find it is TED. Not TEN.
TED FTW.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This has got to be fake.
Reason:I have heard on microsoft forums it will be called the "Nextbox" or the more user friendly name of "TED".
It comes with 1GB RAM, and a 640x480 super kinect able to count your eyebrow hairs and animate them individually.
Each TED has 3 modes: "On" "Off" and a mystery 3rd option that just says "Auto RROD Fix"
jk

Dont you mean that it comes with 1 TB of RAM and 64000x48000 super kinect?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
This has got to be fake.
jk

Yes. Exactly. Thank you for the correction.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This has got to be fake.
jk

Yes. Exactly. Thank you for the correction.

You're very welcome xd

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was called "Project Cafe" before it was announced and that piece of shit still doesn't make my morning brew.

Don't think much of the codename outside of it being a codename.

As for "Apple-like integration", I don't see the issue. The Xbox 360 already had that a little with allowing you to stream movies, music, and images from your Windows PC onto your Xbox, and it's actually quite a neat feature. They also have Zune integration and stuff like that. The difference between Apple's integration and Windows integration is that a significantly larger amount of people have Windows than Mac. Can't say the same for Windows Phone but if it has better Windows integration than the Xbox 360, then count me in.

EDIT: And there were rumors that the next Xbox and Playstation would be "10x more powerful" than their predecessors. And by "rumors" I mean "the asshats at id Software said it".

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So you take a xbox, turn 360° with it and then loop ten times x)
I really hope this one won't be only about graphics, or people will be disappointed.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Meh. Not interested until online is free.
that'll be NEVER :P

Strange... the Wii is completely free online.
So is my dsi.
and the 3DS.

In fairness it is hard to pay for a non-existent online system.

You are clearly biased. The online system for Wii and 3DS is great but not as integrated as xbox360.
Call of Duty for wii works great online and so do many other games.
3DS clearly has more potential.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So is my dsi.
and the 3DS.

M$
the money is in the name

(PS3 also is free? I dont have one, I could be wrong here)

On Xbox Live, I'm paying for the quality and security of the system. My money pays for employees to manage issues and prevent attacks and ban hackers.
(In reality, I'm not paying at all though. My Gold ran out in May and is still going strong.)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On Xbox Live, I'm paying for the quality and security of the system. My money pays for employees to manage issues and prevent attacks and ban hackers.
(In reality, I'm not paying at all though. My Gold ran out in May and is still going strong.)
Sounds good, but does it really do that? How is the hacking on there?

10x more power doesn't seem likely nor relatively cheap. It wouldn't go pass PC graphics. I didn't see how they would do that without selling at a major lose or having a gaming pc price which at that point you would just buy a gaming PC. I wonder what the best PC game graphics , so I can try to imagine a x10 more powerful xbox.

If they can make that in 1-2 years and still have it as a cheap profiting making console then I see no reason why Nintendo wouldn't be
able to manage something at least close to that.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Who cares? There won't be any interesting games until PS4 comes out. Just like when 360 was released, there was hardly a good game for it. Exclusive games don't make money anymore, except for Nintendo. Mario and Zelda will always sell.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So is my dsi.
and the 3DS.

In fairness it is hard to pay for a non-existent online system.

You are clearly biased. The online system for Wii and 3DS is great but not as integrated as xbox360.
Call of Duty for wii works great online and so do many other games.
3DS clearly has more potential.

The Wii online system is not great. Friend codes are truly a thing of gaming hell. It is horribly user unfriendly especially if you own more than several online games. I can go to someone and say "let's some Uncharted 3 or Gears of War tonight, here my PSN/Live ID." With the Wii I need to go "Want to play some Mario Kart or Brawl, here's my FC." And I proceed to give them what sounds like my phone number. The system itself is pretty meh. I haven't had to the chance to play around with the 3DS online features so I can't comment on that. The Wii is not very good at online and I'm comparing this to my experiences to Steam and PSN which are occasionally competent services when they're not being hacked.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, but does it really do that? How is the hacking on there?
In my time of playing Black Ops, Halo: Reach, and Battlefield 3, I've hardly ever run into hackers, and Xbox Live downtimes have been very minimal, nor have my or my friends accounts been hacked.

Could the same be said of PS3? Haha, no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill