Hacking Xbox 360 E Corona v6 RGH Advice

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I recently picked up a Xbox 360 E, after doing some reading it looks like it’s a Corona v6, so I’m wanting to RGH it with the best chip available at present that provides the best boot times.

I’ve tried reading through tutorials, but they all seem to be from years ago, so I was just wondering what the current go to chip is and what the best method is at present, and if there is anything else that I need except for the glitch chip.

I did JTAG my Jasper many moons ago and still have the Nand-X, so would like to use that as well if it can still be used with the modern day chips.

If you need to know anything else about my setup just let me know.

Thanks,
Vel

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ace V3 is the best chip.

Uhm... did your 360 came with a HDD or not?
It didn’t, but I did buy it as “faulty” from eBay, so it may have had one at some point, the nand chip had the sk(?) before the name that can be on the v5 as well so I assumed it was a v6, also it says eMMC on the chip.

Would I need anything else with the Ace v3 like one of those post QSBs?

Last edited by Velocity,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Check the system settings.
If a 4GB Memory Unit shows up, you'll have to get an SD R/W kit.

Ace V3 is needed, likely also a POST fix adapter.
The redesigned slims are the most expensive to hack.

Reactions: brickmii82

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Check the system settings.
If a 4GB Memory Unit shows up, you'll have to get an SD R/W kit.

Ace V3 is needed, likely also a POST fix adapter.
The redesigned slims are the most expensive to hack.
It does have the 4GB memory unit.

So just to double check, I’d need the following:
Ace v3 Chip
SD R/W Kit
Post Fix Adapter

Is that all?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Brickmii is working on the "how to hack your 360" thread.
Could be possible that it's already included.

Other then that, the only real thing you need is JRunner and an install diagram for your Corona version.
The process of RGHing barely changed tho.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t gotten ahold of a v5/6 board yet to do the pics for the guide, but @DinohScene is right. Your best bet is the Ace chip, along with a postfix and a R/W kit. After that Jrunner will guide you through and the stock timing file on the Ace will get you 5-30 second boot times usually. If you want to try to get quicker times you could try SRGH from 15432, but you’ll lose the stock timing file. The process is the same as any other RGH except you program timing files to the chip til you get the best boot times.

Reactions: DinohScene

Velocity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven’t gotten ahold of a v5/6 board yet to do the pics for the guide, but @DinohScene is right. Your best bet is the Ace chip, along with a postfix and a R/W kit. After that Jrunner will guide you through and the stock timing file on the Ace will get you 5-30 second boot times usually. If you want to try to get quicker times you could try SRGH from 15432, but you’ll lose the stock timing file. The process is the same as any other RGH except you program timing files to the chip til you get the best boot times.
Thanks, I’ve ordered the parts anyway so they should be here in a few days so I’ll try it next week and let you guys know if I encounter any problems. I found a few tutorials that seem to cover at least one of the parts that I need installation wise so I’ll just piece all the info together and hope for the best!

Reactions: brickmii82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...