Jasper motherboards and RGH 3.0: incompatibilites?

mrparrot2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

So I went to a game store for them to RGH 3.0 my Jasper (phat) Xbox 360 and the technician claimed after attempting it that my board did not accept RGH 3.0. I asked for proof but he did not provide anything convincing in my POV.

So the questions is: Are all Jasper xbox 360 able to be jailbroken with RGH 3.0?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've got no experience with RGH 3.0 but theoretically they should.
It could be a matter of them simply not being able to dial in the timings or hit a sweet spot with wirelengths, if it were RGH 2.0 that is.
I suspect the wiring myself but I have no way without knowing how they done it.

RGH is not a jailbreak tho, it's a hardware exploit that tricks the CPU into loading a older bootloader by glitching it with a reset pulse whilst it's slowed down.
A jailbreak would technically refer to a software method of escaping a BSD/unix based environment (not 100% certain which anymore)

Reactions: misiozol

mrparrot2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got no experience with RGH 3.0 but theoretically they should.
It could be a matter of them simply not being able to dial in the timings or hit a sweet spot with wirelengths, if it were RGH 2.0 that is.
I suspect the wiring myself but I have no way without knowing how they done it.

RGH is not a jailbreak tho, it's a hardware exploit that tricks the CPU into loading a older bootloader by glitching it with a reset pulse whilst it's slowed down.
A jailbreak would technically refer to a software method of escaping a BSD/unix based environment (not 100% certain which anymore)
I will retrieve the console tomorrow morning but I got really skeptical of that store. I am really worried that they screwed up the soldering points, which is precisely why I decided to pay someone to do it.

misiozol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes fats are hit and miss, timing is done by adjusting resistor value to some degree, and x360 is not I-garbage so it's not jail-whatever it's hardware exploit!

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
It is not recommended to do it on fat consoles, at least MrMario2011 on YouTube doesn't recommend it. I can't remember the full details. I think RGH 1.2 or 1.3 is fully compatible with Jasper, but you would require a chip that costs around $10 or $15.

Last edited by darkworldq8,

mrparrot2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Just sent It to another store and they did the rgh 3 without any issues. The console boots in less than 5s and I did not have any issues other than the fakelive plugin crashing the console in certain games, which disabling It fixes the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since