RGH 3.0 the Xbox 360 Falcon

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've had a JR programmer v2 and glitch chip ready to dox the 360 for about a year ? But due to allot of factors in my life it got put on hold..
Anyway with the V3 rgh + the diodes and resistors I need to do a RGH V3 came today, I think I'll try and get my 360 Phat done in next day or so.
After watching couple of vids, it looks simple enough and I got what I need now. But I got thinking about storage and seen a vid where he removes 20gb and replaces it with a 250gb by just unscrewing drive out of holder and straight swap (on a phat) 1> is that ok and could I put a 1 tb drive in there? Also I guess this has to be done AFTER the rgh as he does not explain anything on that vid! And I did read that it poss to goto 2TB, but I think 1TB is more stable?
Another question is external storage - I read in a post here it possible, but I think that person was having some trouble, so wondered can it be done and what's the max size and format etc? As I'd really like to get as many games on it as possible in as little space, plus I still got this spare external 4TB drive asking to be used ;)
Once again many thanks for any help that can be given..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeh you can even drop a 2TB in there if you'd like.
As long as it's a ~10mm thick drive, it'll fit and the RGH box will format it happily.

There's a new FATX patch out/in the works that ups the limit to 16TB.
I have no clue how or what but you might wanna look into that.

Edit: it's even mentioned here, in the setup FSD thread, the 2TB HDD that is.

Reactions: Welshgamer101

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeh you can even drop a 2TB in there if you'd like.
As long as it's a ~10mm thick drive, it'll fit and the RGH box will format it happily.

There's a new FATX patch out/in the works that ups the limit to 16TB.
I have no clue how or what but you might wanna look into that.

Edit: it's even mentioned here, in the setup FSD thread, the 2TB HDD that is.
16 TB omg - I can't think what I could seriously put on it and get use out of that much storage on a 360? lol
I just seen a post about that and quote
"the ability to use up to two 16 TB external USB storage drives on RGH or JTAG Xbox 360s"
TWO !! It's a shame that the HD format didn't take off - Then at least you could put a load of high quality films on the 2 drives to watch ;)
Thanks for the replay and help !!

Reactions: DinohScene

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could opt for a SSD, it should improve load times of games a bit, tho it's stuck at SATA 1 or 2 speeds.
Yeah I'll give that a thought, also can the external dives be played off directly? or do some games have trouble with that.. Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only trouble you might have is some games require god; some require jtag rips (folder games). I had a crashing issue with blue dragon as a jtag rip for example. I think it's system-specific a lot of the time, so if you have trouble with a game, try the other.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There's a few that need to be converted to GOD containers (game on demand)
Most of them work fine as a folder rip.
I personally don't USB load but it should just play games from a FAT32 formatted drive.
As long as you point your dash to the location on the external.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans