KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It was an excellent revival to the series. It was action packed, energetic, well written and stylish. It blazed through it's scenes yet it was perfectly understandable. The cast was (as usual) very strong and well fitting. Especially James McAvoy (Professor X), Kevin Bacon (Sebastian Shaw), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), and ESPECIALLY Michael Fassbender (Magneto). The best aspect of X-Men is arguably the cast, and McAvoy with Fassbender was a great acting combination.

This basically set the standard for the rest of the summer blockbusters. It's definitely worth a watch. It's perhaps even the best X-Men movie so far. Though I may need to recheck that since I haven't watched X-Men and X2 in a while.

My Rating: 3.5/4

Rotten Tomatoes: 87%
Metacritic: 65

Select Critics

Roger Ebert: 2.5/4
Richard Roeper: 4.5/5
Entertainment Weekly: B+
Variety: 90/100
Film.com: A-
Peter Travers: 3.5/4

TRAILER

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8ccSiH4olo[/youtube]

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I watched the other X-Men movie only last week to get myself reminded lol.(apart from Wolverine)

Good to know that you liked it. I am personally not a fan of preceddors(or rather story going back in time), this totally kills my interest in particular movies.

Its time I go and watch it myself
biggrin.gif
. Tomorrow probably..

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally as a fan of the comic series I refuse to watch this. I know they have to hollywood it up but come on at least stick to some of the real story. The only decent comic book movies have been Iron man. I have not watched thor yet. Like I said on facebook id rather watch Oprah and rosie odonnel jello wrestle nude than watch that movie. Just a fanboys opinion.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Oh, it's good?
I really didn't have much faith in it, with different actors and all.

Might actually watch it at the cinema now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to see this and Thor pretty badly. The X-Men movies outside of 3 aren't that bad (plus they're written by Solid Snake).

Hopefully it'll continue this trend of good superhero films in the past couple of years.

Dr.Razor

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've seen it yesterday, and i must say it was really cool, some anachronism with the other episode, but nice.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I've been wanting to see this and Thor pretty badly. The X-Men movies outside of 3 aren't that bad (plus they're written by Solid Snake).

Hopefully it'll continue this trend of good superhero films in the past couple of years.
With Captain America, Griff the Invisible and Green Lantern this year, and The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Superman: Man of Steel and The Amazing Spiderman next year, as well as the ones without a release date such as The Wolverine and X-Men First Class 2, and ones that are very likely to happen such as X4, Venom, X-Men Origins: Deadpool, Flash and Wonder Woman, I get the feeling that were in for a lot of good superhero movies this year, next year, and in many more years.

Wolverine isn't supposed to be in this movie. Hugh Jackman did have like 5 second cameo though. Besides, he already has a movie that has a (hopefully better) sequel on the way.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Nebz said:
sinharvest24 said:
No wolverine in trailer.
frown.gif

I'm still gonna watch this no matter what the critics say.
He's everything that was wrong with the series >_>

He does make a small cameo in this film though.
He was the reason i actually watched the cartoon....he was sooo kool.
I had dreams that i was wolverine
rolleyes.gif

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had a picture... I had a costume of him based on the 90's cartoon for Halloween 2 or 3 years in a row as a child. He was always my favorite character growing up.

I really enjoyed the first movie but with him NOT in this movie I thought it was great. There was just too much of Wolverine in the X-Men films and it really sucked the enjoyment out of it for me since it became less about the X-Men and more about Wolverine and his struggles.

Origins was alright but I probably would have liked it and the character more if the film came out before those X-Men movies.

Even with him not in the film I really do think you will enjoy the movie unless you're one of those people that get butt hurt when it's not the same story as the comic book and don't even want to give it a chance >_>

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nebz said:
Even with him not in the film I really do think you will enjoy the movie unless you're one of those people that get butt hurt when it's not the same story as the comic book and don't even want to give it a chance >_>

Im not butt hurt over it. Just not gonna pay money to watch it. They could have at least somewhat stuck to the original story line with the series. With movies these days its just quantity over quality thats all.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
it looks good, but it dosn't include any of the orignal characters from the trilogy, so are they up so scratch? also in this move will we see more of storms back story as she is my favorite x woman but not a lot of screen time in the trilogy for storm so i would like to see more screen time for storm.

also i had no idea that david hayter does the screenplay for the xmen movies! lmao.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
also in this move will we see more of storms back story as she is my favorite x woman but not a lot of screen time in the trilogy for storm so i would like to see more screen time for storm.
No.

It does have a small cameo of "kiddie Storm" where everyone in the theater was like "awwwww"

I don't read the comics, so I just care if the movie is good or not, and it's good. I am aware that the actual founding members are quite different (I also don't recall Angel being a butterfly, isn't she supposed to be a he?) Oh well, not that I really care.

I kinda hate those people (fanboys) that get really annoyed because the movies aren't loyal to what it was adapted from. It's a movie, it should be rated as an individual rather than comparing it to what it is in a different medium. If it's a good movie, it's a good movie. It may have changed things, but that shouldn't be a bad thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la