Hacking X-Flak's Crazy Intro Video's

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, very cool stuff. Now all you need to do is integrate the downloads and setup of this stuff into ModMii. I would think not part of the wizard, just part of the extra downloads section. I would have it dump the instructions in the guide as well, for those of us who would like it. As always keep up the good work. You must have more time on your hands than I do though, wow.

cecilcp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Sorry if this is a stupid question - can anyone tell me where I can get the graphic for the legend screen so that I can customise it myself.

It is the one in the first video as shown in graphic_wlegend.avi just without all the options - I want this so that I can customise my own screen accordingly - can anyone point me to a link as I have searched and cannot find it?

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's actually not a stupid question at all!

I made the legend screen using photoshop, when I get home I will share the *.psd file that has all the graphics for the legend (if more than 24 hours pass from now and I still haven't shared it, just send me a PM as I've likely forgotten)

cecilcp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks thats great
smile.gif
- will wait to I see it appear on here later if not I will pm you
smile.gif

cecilcp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I've got it to work with the still picture I wanted - any ideas what I am doing wrong though as the picture only displays on the top part of the screen?

Is there a way to get crazyintro to display the picture on the fullscreen i.e by changing the theme line or using a different dol file?

thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Check out the detailed instruction on how I made my videos from the first post. I literally mention every single step I did to get my videos to work the way they do with Crazy Intro Video... part of this process is cropping/resizing the video using virtual dub.

Check out the instructions and if u have questions about them let me know and I'll try to get back to u as soon as I can. But just so u know, this is the method I used and it was able to get all my videos working... but it is probably not the only method that works, but I haven't seen anyone else post easier instructions.

cecilcp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks I think the video method will work but I was wondering if there was a way just by using the jpg file without creating a video to get it to show full screen

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
cecilcp said:
thanks I think the video method will work but I was wondering if there was a way just by using the jpg file without creating a video to get it to show full screen

If you just want to show an image, not a video, then you should just use Crazy Intro (that Crazy Intro Video was based on). This will save you converting your image to a video.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i installed this today, and i am very satisfied with it (Thanks X-Flak and WiiCrazy)
I have managed to load Wiixplorer by pressing UP, sys Menu is still on A, but the HBC however does not load from B like i want it too.
I just get a black screen.
At first i just edited the shortcut button B launches to HBC.
Since it didn't work (but it did for WIIX) i though maybe it was because both old and new title id's where defined as HBC.
So i deleted the old definition, but still no cake.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

EDIT:
Ok, i gave it another try.
And i tried with different channels.
It seems A for Menu and 1 for Wiixplorer are the only two working options.
The non-working ones are the HBC on the B button, WIIMC on the UP button and WiiFlow on the #2 button.
I'll paste here the parts of the xml file i think matter:
And;
Again, any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty happy with the way it is now, but i would like to learn how to make my own intro and have those options.
Thanks.

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, sorry to bump this thread.
As you can see, i was the last one to post here, and had quite a few problems.
Well, i fixed most of it.
I have working button A for Menu, "UP" for WiiMC, "1" for WiiExplorer and "2" for CfgUSB Loader.
The only one not working now is "B" for the HomeBrew Channel.
From what i understand the newest HBC's title id is not JODI anymore.
With AnyTitleDeleter the only thing that shows up where the four character title id is supposed to be is this: (....)
I tried writting the numbers that show on the left of the four characters, and i tried even using the dots (i was desperate, ok?)
My question is, being that the new HBC has a screwy title id, is there any hope to get this working with Crazy Intro Video?
Or is my only option to downgrade to an older HBC, where JODI is still the title id?
Or does the new HBC actually have a four character title id, but it just doesn't show in AnyTitleDeleter?And if so, does anyone know what it is?
Thanks!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u are on 4.2 or higher, make sure u enable the priiloader system menu hack to disable the deletion of the HAXX title id, then install the following forwarder channel using a wad manager

Dark Homebrew Channel by NeoRame- HAXX.wad

then, in your crazy intro config file, launch the HBC via the "HAXX" title ID, and it will forward you to the latest HBC

enjoy!

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!
That worked perfectly.
And on top of that the dark looks goes beautifully with my DarkWii theme, and my DarkWii themed HBC.
I am very grateful for your help.
Now, the original HBC channel, i just shoved it in a corner at the end of the system menu.
I don't suppose there is a way to delete that channel, and just keep the dark one, is there?
IOW, i suspect that if i delete the original channel, i will be deleting the entire HBC, right?

ETA:
One other awesome feature, is that i can now load the HBC directly from priiloader without having to go through the Launch Title option.
It's not that it was that bad, but i like to have everything fully functional, and this kind of bugged me.
So once again, thank you.And thanks to NeoRame for this awesome WAD.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
if u are on 4.2 or higher, make sure u enable the priiloader system menu hack to disable the deletion of the HAXX title id, then install the following forwarder channel using a wad manager

Dark Homebrew Channel by NeoRame- HAXX.wad

then, in your crazy intro config file, launch the HBC via the "HAXX" title ID, and it will forward you to the latest HBC

enjoy!
Is there any way to change this title ID ??

Pip'

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Pip, yes there is, the easiest way is to use either Leathl's showmiiwads's or Leathl's customize mii, just load up the wad, then change the title id to w/e u want, in customize me you have to "create wad" and save a new wad somewhere, but in showmiiwads it will modify the source wad directly and immediately (so u may want to be working with a copy of the original wad if u want to keep both title ID versions of the channel). Btw, NeoRame's original channel had a different title id, not HAXX, but something else unique, I changed the title ID using the above method to HAXX to get old apps\forwarders working properly. If u go on the wadder clone website (can't remember the name right now) u should fine it available for download if u would rather do that.

@MarkP80, your very welcome, I'm glad this helped! Btw, if u install this beta version of priiloader (http://priiloader.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader_Beta.dol) then do a priiloader update on the wii, and it should be able to launch the new HBC without needing the dark homebrew channel installed. But personally, I prefer using the forwarder channel and the tried tested and true priiloader v0.4
biggrin.gif

MarkP80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@MarkP80, your very welcome, I'm glad this helped! Btw, if u install this beta version of priiloader (http://priiloader.googlecode.com/files/Priiloader_Beta.dol) then do a priiloader update on the wii, and it should be able to launch the new HBC without needing the dark homebrew channel installed. But personally, I prefer using the forwarder channel and the tried tested and true priiloader v0.4
biggrin.gif
Well, i love the dark HBC look, and also, if i do that, then i probably won't be able to get it to boot from Crazy Intro Video.
So, yeah, i think i'll keep it as i have it now.
I'm pretty happy with it.
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    1tb SD card for whatever reason
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 1tb SD card for whatever reason